• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is how the Trinity views The One God. What is wrong with in it?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
A8E9B1E0-9D19-4B64-863D-3B5448D3470C.png

Soapy

Follow the lines upwards from each of the ‘persons’ of (in ?) ‘God’.

Follow the lines downwards from ‘God’.

Follow the lines directly downwards from the ‘Father’.

Notice that there are no lines directly connecting ‘Son’ and ‘Holy Spirit’.

There is also a huge anomaly which is obvious in stating the relationship to God of the three persons but never commented on by trinitarian proponents.

Can you spot the ‘Elephant in the room’?

Brian2

Veteran Member

There is also a huge anomaly which is obvious in stating the relationship to God of the three persons but never commented on by trinitarian proponents.

The Father is the God of the Son because the Son is a man.
The Father became the God of the Son when the Son became a man. (see Psalm 22:10)

The Father is not said to be the God of the Holy Spirit in the Bible and neither is Christ said to be the God of the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ.

So these things would mean alterations to your diagram to make it more accurate.

Colt

Jesus, who is our Creator-Son, is a creation of the Trinity, not the second person of Triune Deity which functions as (1).

Soapy

Probably what is wrong with it is that it is completely not understandable?

Is this one understandable in reference to mankind?

\View attachment 68599
No! Because a soul is ‘Spirit in a body’.

An animal has a Soul also since it too is a Spirit in a body.

What you present is a Venn Diagram which is not a valid way to represent what you think you are presenting!

What, for instance, is in the intersection between ‘Spirit’ and ‘Soul’?

And in the intersection of ‘Soul’ and ‘Spirit’?

Last edited:

Soapy

Jesus, who is our Creator-Son, is a creation of the Trinity, not the second person of Triune Deity which functions as (1).
I can’t figure out what you are saying in relation to the diagram presented.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
No! Because a soul is ‘Spirit in a body’.

An animal has a Soul also since it too is a Spirit in a body.

What you present is a Venn Diagram which is not a valid way to represent what you think you are presenting!
Even if it is a duality, though I don't agree with you, do you still get the concept that you are one but each part is distinct?

Soapy

Even if it is a duality, though I don't agree with you, do you still get the concept that you are one but each part is distinct?
No!

How is this related to the diagram under discussion?

Kenny

Premium Member
No!

How is this related to the diagram under discussion?
If you can grasp the concept (judging spiritual with spiritual) - then insert Father, The Word, and Holy Spirit in the three circles and still one God.

As a side note:

soul - psuche - Gr.
spirit - pneuma - Gr.

Two different words because they are two different parts even though still one.

1 Thess. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

very distinct and very different and yet one.

Soapy

Is this one understandable in reference to mankind?

\View attachment 68599
Exactly what do you not understand from the diagram?

It says:
  • —--(Going upwards)
  • Son of Father
  • Son of God
  • ——
  • Father ‘of God’?
  • ——
  • Spirit of Father
  • Spirit of God
  • ___(Downwards)
  • God of Father
  • God of Son
  • God of Holy Spirit
I think it’s quite simple to understand. Only someone who sees something they don’t want to see would say that they don’t understand it… but yes, I guess seeing the truth would scare someone who doesn’t like seeing the truth. Jesus says it:
  • ‘The darkness hates the light!’
Just for you: What is wrong ix that there is no such thing as ‘Father OF GOD’.

And, it sets ‘GOD’ as a sentient entity greater than Father, Son, and Holy Spirit… something that is never any kind of truth in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

But yet, that is what trinity plies it’s trade on.

Soapy

If you can grasp the concept (judging spiritual with spiritual) - then insert Father, The Word, and Holy Spirit in the three circles and still one God.

As a side note:

soul - psuche - Gr.
spirit - pneuma - Gr.

Two different words because they are two different parts even though still one.

1 Thess. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

very distinct and very different and yet one.
Umm… no! I’m not sure where you get you ideas from but nothing you just said is of any value.

‘Soul’ is just an ancient word for the contemporary ‘Person’: ‘A person is Body and Spirit’ (related to humanity. We don’t call animals ‘persons’).

The verse you quoted does not even make sense anyway. What does ‘Your WHOLE Spirit’ mean? Are there ‘parts of a spirit’?

And since when did ‘Christians’ care about the body? Flesh? Is it written: ‘The flesh counts for nothing!’?:
  • “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.” (John 6:63)
  • ““Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” (Matt 6:25)
Besides, you quoted ‘Psuché’ for ‘Soul’. I guess you didn’t check the definition to see that it means: ‘A human Person’, ‘An individual’.

Your comment about ‘Spirit’ and ‘Soul’. Why did you post that to me? I said and have said that the spirit is the actioning part of a person. Without the spirit in the body of a Soul, the body is lifeless… The SOUL is still existing but is then DORMANT by the spirit since the spirit cannot act outside of a body.

Would it help if you checked first before posting? Is it not embarrassing to you to see your silly points shot down in a heartbeat?

And in any case, the thread is about the diagram in the O.P.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Exactly what do you not understand from the diagram?

It says:
  • —--(Going upwards)
  • Son of Father
  • Son of God
  • ——
  • Father ‘of God’?
  • ——
  • Spirit of Father
  • Spirit of God
  • ___(Downwards)
  • God of Father
  • God of Son
  • God of Holy Spirit
I think it’s quite simple to understand. Only someone who sees something they don’t want to see would say that they don’t understand it… but yes, I guess seeing the truth would scare someone who doesn’t like seeing the truth. Jesus says it:
  • ‘The darkness hates the light!’
Just for you: What is wrong ix that there is no such thing as ‘Father OF GOD’.

And, it sets ‘GOD’ as a sentient entity greater than Father, Son, and Holy Spirit… something that is never any kind of truth in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

But yet, that is what trinity plies it’s trade on.
seems like a different gospel?

Soapy

The diagram seems to have been developed on an Atari? I've never seen it before.
Obfuscation. It matters not where or on what media it was created. The point is simply to comment on what it represents in terms of the trinity.

Colt

Obfuscation. It matters not where or on what media it was created. The point is simply to comment on what it represents in terms of the trinity.
It might be the mark of the beast? Or it spent 3 days in the belly of a whale?