• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Art (it really is)

PureX

Veteran Member
Roger Brown painting - "Chicago Hit By The Bomb"

92010cd961dedb0830c1b37077516a7e.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
Most Americans have no idea what art is. And this becomes apparent whenever there is any sort of discussion on this site about art. It's sometimes a bit frustrating for me, as I am an artist. A real one. Not some hobbyist pretending his hobby is "art". So I thought I'd show people some real art. Powerful art; that hopefully makes the difference apparent to them.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Most Americans have no idea what art is. And this becomes apparent whenever there is any sort of discussion on this site about art.

And you believe that our active US RF membership is reflective of "most Americans"? That's funny.

PureX

Veteran Member
meh, this whole notion that your elite opinion should be valued based on your job title alone undermines your credibility, IMO.
Sure, because doctors don't really know anything about medicine just because they studied it in expensive schools, and practiced it in the real world for decades. Instead it's reasonable to assume that YOU know more than they do, because , well, because you just think so.

PureX

Veteran Member
What makes those images art?
Their intent to be art, before and beyond anything else. They don't exist to teach, to entertain, to be beautiful, to be feats of craftsmanship, or to be physically functional, (though they can employ any of those characteristics, or not). They exist to express the artist's unique experience of being in a way that allows the rest of us to experience it with him/her, through the art.