• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

this is a dream religion

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The only "religion" I can think of isn't actually a religion. It's a collection of myths by Lord Dunsany.

"Whether the season be winter or whether it be summer, whether it be morning among the worlds or whether it be night, Skarl still beateth his drum, for the purposes of the gods are not yet fulfilled. Sometimes the arm of Skarl grows weary; but still he beateth his drum, that the gods may do the work of the gods, and the worlds go on, for if he cease for an instant then MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI will start awake, and there will be worlds nor gods no more."

Some combine Dunsany's myth with the writings of H.P. Lovecraft and have Azathoth dreaming the cosmos into existence. Norse mythology has nothing to do with being the dream of a god or gods.

Last edited:

natsy

it must be a dream because when we go to heaven the world will dissapear and we will be somewere else,, that can only happen in a dream,, a lucid one were the dreamer knows he's dreaming

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That would be Hinduism.

Mythology: The Universe is a dream of Vishnu, floating on the cosmic Ocean.
There are dreams within dreams. Brahma emerges from a lotus, which has grown from Vishnu's navel, and creates the material world we live in. That world, too, is part of the dream. We are part of the dream. We dream our own realities.
In the end, Shiva/Rudra will destroy the illusion and Vishnu will awake.

Particularly in Advaita Vedanta, the world is considered an illusion or dream (maya), and the highest spiritual goal to 'wake up'.

Australian aboriginals also had a concept of Dreamtime, where past, present and future existed as a synthetic Gestalt. It could be accessed in sleep, various trance states, or death. I'm not well versed on this, though.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I think the closest '-ism' to it would be idealism. But idealism isn't that specific and usually not that extreme.

natsy

the easiest way to explain and understand religion is to not say any thing at all, just a wink and a nod is enough to explain it for me,

Dustin1234

dustin
I think it's a good topic, its comical to think of god as a dream, there's really is no way disprove it and really even if it's true it's not the end all answer to why where here, infact even if any relgions true it's not the end all answer. How can any thing exist or not exist it's all impossible, but it can be cool. Metaphyscics has been fun you can learn to effect realities, penny peirce is an interesting auther.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
the easiest way to explain and understand religion is to not say any thing at all, just a wink and a nod is enough to explain it for me,

Or smile and say "Heh. I don't need to describe my religion. My beliefs are all around me."

natsy

I think it a good topic, its comical to think to god as a dream, there's really is no way disprove it and it really even if it's true it's not the end all answer to why where here, infact even if any relgions true it's not the end all answer. How can any thing exist or not exist it's all impossible, but it can be cool. Metaphyscics has been fun you can learn to effect realities, penny peirce is an interesting auther.
if you think that's interesting about a dream, look up lucid dreaming on internet, people know there dreaming, that's a fact , in one of them, that's why i have loads of questions in my head

Dustin1234

dustin
Also I highly doubt this is the case but personally sometime I float too far out in space the world starts feeling disconnected and fake, illusionary. Crystals can be helpful for changing this, crystals that excite the lower chakras help to ground you, make things feel more real, if thats what you want, all path lead to the same point

Crystals often cost less than a dollar, I still think theyre stange but what ever im just experimenting with posibilities

natsy

you all need to check out lucid dreaming, it answers lot of questions with ease,, the day u become able to wake up in your dreams is the day u become more understanding what its like to be god, fact , i really urge u all,, its not a religion its a scientific fact, and quite frighting too to understand that its true, through and through, iv been doing it 20 years and there are many like me, please google it , it will change the way u think about things,,,,or ill eat my left shoe

natsy

lucid dreamers------Skeptics of the phenomenon suggest that it is not a state of sleep, but of brief wakefulness. Others point out that there is no way to prove the truth of lucid dreaming other than to ask the dreamer.Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, with participants performing pre-determined physical responses while experiencing a lucid dream.????

Dustin1234

dustin
ya ill check lucid dreaming out, a friend of mine is really trying to do it, one of his friends has done it every night her whole life, it's definately a real thing

I'd never herd of people refering to it as a breif state of awakeness before thats a cool thought and is simular to what ive tryed to do in metaphysics, the only real difference is that one person falls a sleep to wake up and the other person could be said to be staying a sleep but in a state of awakedness. So fall a sleep and have a lucid dream or stay awake and have a lucid dream.