• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thiruvempavai

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Today is Day 2 of the annual festival for Nataraja celebrated in South Indian temples. May His dance bless. Here, I'll wait until tomorrow to go beseech His blessings. The temple will be far too crowded for my liking today.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I was unaware of this festival. But I find the shift in some of my personal behaviors in light of my ignorance of the celebration fascinating.

I'm unable to find much information anywhere on Thiruvempavai. Are you aware of any websites that have more information on this?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was unaware of this festival. But I find the shift in some of my personal behaviors in light of my ignorance of the celebration fascinating.

I'm unable to find much information anywhere on Thiruvempavai. Are you aware of any websites that have more information on this?

Here is one link ... for Chidambaram, whose annual festival corresponds to it.

Live Trend: Arudra Darisanam 2020 - January 10, 2020 - Thiruvathirai - Sri Natarajar Aarudhra Darshan 10-1-20 - Chidambaram Thillai Festival Schedule Dates 2019-2020

Other than that, I don't really know. I'm sure your searching is as good as mine. Most 'serve everyone' types of temples probably wouldn't celebrate it, unless a particular priest or devotee sponsored something. Here, we have a sanctum called the Vasantha Mandapam that houses festival brass deities, and Nataraja will be placed in the center of that for 10 days, culminating in an early morning (5:30) parade and abhishekam.