• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Third of world's poorest girls denied access to school

sooda

Veteran Member
Relatedly, here are two maps comparing Muslim majority countries with countries where it is least safe to be a woman:

[GALLERY=media, 7647]Secure-v7 by icehorse posted Aug 27, 2016 at 9:14 AM[/GALLERY]

Not sure I agree with your map. Saudi Arabia is very safe for women.. so is Kuwait, Bahrain and the UAE.

Audie

Veteran Member
Relatedly, here are two maps comparing Muslim majority countries with countries where it is least safe to be a woman:

[GALLERY=media, 7647]Secure-v7 by icehorse posted Aug 27, 2016 at 9:14 AM[/GALLERY]

How the Filipina maids are sexually abused in the Middle East - Blitz

Only the ignorant or desperate overseas Filipina workers
go to arab countries.

Mom had a maid here who told of a girl from her town
who went to SA to work. Her family stopped getting letters.
Poor people with no acces to legal help or sophisticated
advice or travel, it was months before they could get word
that their daughter had died from a "hesrt attack".

Domestic workers in Hong Kong find the legal system
iis difficult, but ultimately it is just.

No such luck in thr middle east.

Audie

Veteran Member

sooda

Veteran Member
Too clevrr by one half. THAT IS NOT A DEFINITION

Islamist pertains to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Hassan al-Banna: A Starting Point for Contemporary Islamic ...
www.e-ir.info/2016/01/18/hassan-al-banna-a...
Jan 18, 2016 · There is a widespread notion that Qutb’s ideas and thought are rapture from the ideas of Hassan Al-Banna, the founder of Muslim Brotherhood, whose establishment in 1928 marks early attempts at politicizing Islam (Soage, 2008).

1. THE POWER OF IDEAS. THE INFLUENCE OF HASSAN AL-BANNA AND ...
    pressto.amu.edu.pl/index.php/ps/article/download/...
    THE POWER OF IDEAS. THE INFLUENCE OF HASSAN AL-BANNA AND SAYYID QUTB ON THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD ORGANIZATION1 This article examines the conceptions of the political thoughts of Hassan al-Banna and Sayyid Qutb, two of the most important Arab theorists of the Muslim world during the twentieth century.

2. Hassan al-Banna - Wikipedia

Audie

Veteran Member
In Saudi Arabia women are architects, engineers and pilots, doctors and lawyers.. They also start more businesses than men.
How many, what percent?
What kind of businesses?
Those details mean more thsn the raw assertion.

Who is misrepresenting, you or the UN?

Pilots..
There were Negro pilots in the USA in WW2, so
would that suggest that didcrimination and oppression
was over? That they,ve had as much opportunity
as whites?

Not that I expect an answer.

Audie

Veteran Member
Islamist pertains to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Hassan al-Banna: A Starting Point for Contemporary Islamic ...
www.e-ir.info/2016/01/18/hassan-al-banna-a...
Jan 18, 2016 · There is a widespread notion that Qutb’s ideas and thought are rapture from the ideas of Hassan Al-Banna, the founder of Muslim Brotherhood, whose establishment in 1928 marks early attempts at politicizing Islam (Soage, 2008).

1. THE POWER OF IDEAS. THE INFLUENCE OF HASSAN AL-BANNA AND ...
    pressto.amu.edu.pl/index.php/ps/article/download/...
    THE POWER OF IDEAS. THE INFLUENCE OF HASSAN AL-BANNA AND SAYYID QUTB ON THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD ORGANIZATION1 This article examines the conceptions of the political thoughts of Hassan al-Banna and Sayyid Qutb, two of the most important Arab theorists of the Muslim world during the twentieth century.

2. Hassan al-Banna - Wikipedia

Some reason to avoid the definition?

Audie

Veteran Member
That's just silly. You might speak with some Saudi women. They actually run the show.. They control the money and the house. They have businesses.. restaurants, boutiques, publishing houses, small factories, furniture stores, import/export companies, art galleries.

So easy for me to arrange.
I can recognize a dodge.

I am not about your
word that the UN and every
other source I can find are
"silly".

Did you find an actual definition for
"ISLAMIST"?