• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking outside the Box

dan

It seems the vast majority of people in this forum have an unescapable tendancy to think inside a tiny little box. No one seems to want to respond to this, so I figured I'd start a new topic and see who knows themselves a little better than everyone else in this forum. I only have one question. I've asked a very similar one before, but no one even ventured a guess. It's not a hard question to answer. The answer is very, very easily retrieved on any internet connection (and I believe it to be a safe assumption that most of us have an internet connection). ON with the question.

What professional baseball player holds the record for most stolen bases in a single season?

Pah

Uber all member
It is likely to be Yutaka Fukumoto at 106 in 1972 but I could not pin down the dates of the abbreviated (by today's standards) Japanese schedule (less than 130 games). Henderson would have lost some of his total if the only season considered was summer and not the full baseball season which encompasses some of spring and fall.

dan

Pah's a little closer than Sprech, but you're both off. The professional player with the most stolen bases played for the 1946 Racine Belles. Her name was Sophie Kurys, and she stole more than two hundred bases that year. She led them to a championship game that is still considered the best ever of any league. That year shattered many of Major League Baseballs records, and many of them still stand.

The point of this little excercise was to show that your mind makes assumptions for you (without you even knowing) and that practice seriously stifles your powers of observation, perception, and especially judgment. Pah was on the right path, but didn't get far enough outside the box. I've got some more if you'd like to give 'em a shot.

Pah

Uber all member
dan said:
Pah's a little closer than Sprech, but you're both off. The professional player with the most stolen bases played for the 1946 Racine Belles. Her name was Sophie Kurys, and she stole more than two hundred bases that year. She led them to a championship game that is still considered the best ever of any league. That year shattered many of Major League Baseballs records, and many of them still stand.

The point of this little excercise was to show that your mind makes assumptions for you (without you even knowing) and that practice seriously stifles your powers of observation, perception, and especially judgment. Pah was on the right path, but didn't get far enough outside the box. I've got some more if you'd like to give 'em a shot.

The thing about getting out of the box is that it can take any direction. While you had gender in consideration, I challanged the "season", thinking of a calander season.