• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of You, By a Campfire

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Not sure if I've posted this poem here before, but I am enjoying a campfire with whisky and bats, and I thought of it.

Thinking of You, By the Campfire

The flames lick the air
As your memories lick my mind,
Sparking, crackling for attention
And a desire for life.

I stir the coals
And search for your face in the flames.
Ashes flit to the moon-glazed sky
To land beyond my ken.

20220529_202048.jpg

Viker

Häxan
By whiskey and bats, I pray you meant Wild Turkeys. :D Goes great with evening crackles of camp fire.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Awesome poetry. Do you write often?
Does whiskey taste good? I never had it nor do I ever plan on drinking it but I am curious.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Not when you're drinking the cheap stuff...

Or, in the case of a whiskey sour...

I'm talking single malt.. don't do the blended stuff... Actually I don't to any but we have a couple's of Scottish neighbours who get very angry if more than a single block of ice is added to a good whisky

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm talking single malt.. don't do the blended stuff... Actually I don't to any but we have a couple's of Scottish neighbours who get very angry if more than a single block of ice is added to a good whisky

I'd agree, for good whiskey.

In my drinking days, all I could afford was bottom shelf. :( You mixed it.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
What kind of bats we talking about here? The flying kind or the "I've drank too much whiskey and I have a Louisville Slugger"?