• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of giving Islam another go...

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I was clearing out my bookshelf a couple of weeks ago when I came across an Arabic/English Quran translation I was given some time ago. I'd actually forgotten I still had it, but there it was on my shelf.

Now for the most part my interest in Islam has never really died away or gone from me totally, and it seems that in the past when I've tried to turn away, ignore or actively get rid of said interest in Islam, all that seems to happen is that it comes back even stronger than before. It's almost a game of tug-of-war where the harder I pull away, the more I'm pulled back.

I'm wondering though if I have in the past dismissed Islam as a religious path for trivial reasons or been too hasty to say Islam is not right for me for whatever reason. At the same time, I do not want to go down that path of getting really enthusiastic about something only to find I fall away after the initial sparkle has died away.

Should I try Islam again?

Follow your heart.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I was clearing out my bookshelf a couple of weeks ago when I came across an Arabic/English Quran translation I was given some time ago. I'd actually forgotten I still had it, but there it was on my shelf.

Now for the most part my interest in Islam has never really died away or gone from me totally, and it seems that in the past when I've tried to turn away, ignore or actively get rid of said interest in Islam, all that seems to happen is that it comes back even stronger than before. It's almost a game of tug-of-war where the harder I pull away, the more I'm pulled back.

I'm wondering though if I have in the past dismissed Islam as a religious path for trivial reasons or been too hasty to say Islam is not right for me for whatever reason. At the same time, I do not want to go down that path of getting really enthusiastic about something only to find I fall away after the initial sparkle has died away.

Should I try Islam again?

I have just found this and thought of you. Hope it helps.

EDIT: This is worthy of being watched.

Bear in mind that if you decide to follow Islam it may affect the rest of your family.

Last edited:

shmogie

Jesus pbuh will reject such worship.
He himself worshipped the Creator
He is called a servant of the Creator in Acts 3:13

U worship creation, i worship Creator
I see, so you cherry pick the Bible, using one verse, and rejecting another. I posted the quote from Revelation. Here are HIS words "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father", "I and the Father are one". Because you choose to be ignorant, following old mo's ignorance, you can't grasp the Trinity, which is very simple to understand.

shmogie

Let me count the way you're wrong:

So like how Islam not accepting prophet Zoroaster means that Islam cannot be the truth?

1. False. Jews wouldn't have accepted Muhmmad no matter what religion he's from. There have been a number of Jewish false prophets as well that we didn't accept.

2. False. There is no prophecy that claims the Jews will rule the world. In the words of Maimonides, "there is no difference between this world and the Messianic Age besides for subjugation to the kingdom [of other nations]". In other words, during the Messianic Age, Israel will be ruled by a Jewish theocracy and that's it.

3. False. Its not clear what desires you're talking about. Jews have more rules than Muslims do, so becoming Muslim would give them more freedom to fulfill their desires.

4. False. Jews and Arabs are the same race.

False. Machamdim is not a name. The plural is not used as a sign of respect, but like royalty, which Muhammad was not - and even in that case, only reserved for G-d - which again, Muhammad was not.

5. False. Jews can pronounce the ح , ه and خ. Jews of European descent are customed to use the sound of a خ in place of a ح, but I've never met a Jew who couldn't pronounce both. Even my young daughter has done when she wanted to show me how she learned to count to five in Arabic from a friend.

That's because when the Modern Hebrew language was created, they made it a mixture of European and Middle Eastern customs of pronunciation. In Modern Hebrew, the ح is pronounced according to the European custom as خ. The same for ع which is pronounced like an ا.

6. Muhammad was not revealed in Psalms. And I think you mean Song of Songs. Another book that he wasn't revealed in.

7. False. Eloh-m is not a name, its a title. Muhammad is a name, not a title. There are 0 examples in Tanach of a name being given the plural out of respect.

8. False. Muhammad's name is not Mahamad.
Again, مُحَمَّد =/= ماحاماد
And again مُ حَ م مَ د =/= م ا ح ا م ا د

The real problem is that you've never taken the time to see if it actually makes sense in the context of the verse.

Also I am wondering, did your teacher teach you about three letter roots and how to make words from them when you were a child? It looks like not.

Because like your brothers, you were never trained to understand only to accept. Had you been capable of researching for yourself, you would not make this mistake. And in fact, that's why all non-Muslims agree that this makes no sense. Its only because you were trained to accept everything, that you can't believe that I'm right.

And it can't be evidence for you, when you have not seen it for yourself. What you are relying on is what you were told, not what the verse says, because you can't even read it for yourself to see it.

Yes, we've heard it from you and the Christians. You guys love to end off with the "you'll regret it one day soon". Its kind of pathetic.
You may have heard it from SOME Christians. The Jews are the specific chosen of God who have an everlasting Covenant with him. You did and do reject the the very Messiah he promised you, but God cannot lie. So, as His Covenant people, the issue is between you and He, He is totally just and totally merciful. I don't judge your faith, which is the very foundation of my own. islam ? Well, I have read the koran and hadith, pure and total evil
To be honest though, I'd like to see all of you start calling Muhammad Machamadim. In fact, for the sake of my Jewish brothers and sisters who may need a good laugh, I will help you out and start calling him Machamadim in all my posts from now on, Inshallah.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Staff Reminder ***

The Seekers Circle is not a debate forum. Please remember that it's purpose is for guidance.