• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking about moving beyond Satanism.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I may be a bit biased in saying this, but might I suggest Deism? It's just basically belief in a deity without any dogmatic baggage attached. To me it just makes sense that a deity brought about the cosmos, set the laws of science and nature into place, and then just abandoned it.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I may be a bit biased in saying this, but might I suggest Deism? It's just basically belief in a deity without any dogmatic baggage attached. To me it just makes sense that a deity brought about the cosmos, set the laws of science and nature into place, and then just abandoned it.

I was thinking of that. I do believe in a cosmic God, but I tend to think that this universal God isn't conscious or at least isn't concerned with the personal affairs of living beings. It created us - or we emerged from its Mind - and we're pretty much on our own, as if this is a sort of epic play unfolding in its thoughts and it is merely observing us. It's pretty much the animating Force behind everything that exists. But I think there's probably Gods that are local to this planet who take an interest in human affairs and that those are the ones contacting humans and such.

But I will admit my agnosticism when it comes to such questions.

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I was thinking of that. I do believe in a cosmic God, but I tend to think that this universal God isn't conscious or at least isn't concerned with the personal affairs of living beings. It created us - or we emerged from its Mind - and we're pretty much on our own, as if this is a sort of epic play unfolding in its thoughts. It's pretty much the animating Force behind everything that exists. But I think there's probably Gods that are local to this planet who take an interest in human affairs and that those are the ones contacting humans and such.

Certainly sounds like Deism to me!:p Specifically Polydeism. (Because of the belief in multiple deities.)

Sees

Dragonslayer
I don't have a problem with calling myself or being labeled a Pagan, either. Happy now, Sees? :rolleyes: :p

lol :clap

really in my philosphy most are pagans and their denial just makes things harder ;)

Atheism, agnosticism, humanism, transtheism all still fall under the umbrella. Mama Nature is part or whole of everybody's divine no matter what our theology is today or tomorrow. Just about living and celebrating life...today's specific beliefs and understanding are small fries. Our knowledge adapts, evolves, comes and goes. How we share life and communicate within and without our self is the religion.

To know "thy self" without also understanding the traditional aspects ingrained in us for tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years, is hard or impossible.

I think it's seen in the way little children react to nature and each other. Natural is what else? We start out little atheistic and pantheistic pagans and philosophy and beliefs splinter off from there constantly changing, growing, dissolving.

Put just about anybody under a starlit night with some good food, drinks, friends and/or family and they will have a spiritual experience :D Sit around a campfire and tell old stories...

:camp:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
lol :clap

really in my philosphy most are pagans and their denial just makes things harder ;)

Atheism, agnosticism, humanism, transtheism all still fall under the umbrella. Mama Nature is part or whole of everybody's divine no matter what our theology is today or tomorrow. Just about living and celebrating life...today's specific beliefs and understanding are small fries. Our knowledge adapts, evolves, comes and goes. How we share life and communicate within and without our self is the religion.

To know "thy self" without also understanding the traditional aspects ingrained in us for tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years, is hard or impossible.

I think it's seen in the way little children react to nature and each other. Natural is what else? We start out little atheistic and pantheistic pagans and philosophy and beliefs splinter off from there constantly changing, growing, dissolving.

Put just about anybody under a starlit night with some good food, drinks, friends and/or family and they will have a spiritual experience :D Sit around a campfire and tell old stories...

:camp:

That makes a lot of sense. My first actual beliefs about deity was pantheism. I've always been drawn towards Paganism. When I was a Catholic, that attraction towards it never went away. Really, I'm a polytheist because who am I to tell someone that their Gods don't exist? I think that humans are natural Pagans. It's what came naturally to humanity.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I'm reaching the awareness that any belief in a deity/god is caused by a mental illness that can be 'cured' so one doesn't believe anymore, and they can go about living a god-free, normal life (like cult de-programming).

God is only the product of a fantasy world, created by schizotypal personality disorder and exists no-where else but in a diseased mind.

With the proper medication and psychotherapy, this illusion, this dependence can be broken and cured, like any addiction (which it really is).

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm reaching the awareness that any belief in a deity/god is caused by a mental illness that can be 'cured' so one doesn't believe anymore, and they can go about living a god-free, normal life (like cult de-programming).

God is only the product of a fantasy world, created by schizotypal personality disorder and exists no-where else but in a diseased mind.

With the proper medication and psychotherapy, this illusion, this dependence can be broken and cured, like any addiction (which it really is).

I don't think theism is a mental illness but it certainly can become unhealthy when there's too great of an attachment to it. It can become an addiction, like anything can be an addiction. When it gets to that point, I would say that it is healthy to detach yourself from the notion of a divinity that intervenes in your life, yes. At that point, it's better to become apathetic about it and focus on developing your own abilities.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Maybe you should find your true self, and quit looking to systems of belief to tell you who you are?

I was joking there. I've never really been interested in Buddhism. I have said that I'm basically a Luciferian and Luciferianism does not "tell you who are you are".

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I was joking there. I've never really been interested in Buddhism. I have said that I'm basically a Luciferian and Luciferianism does not "tell you who are you are".
I knew you were joking about Buddhism. ;)

However, if you are interested in some east-meets-west stuff, I've been thinking about starting some Jungian threads in the Mysticism section for a while now. Please feel free to prod me into it if you are interested. I have 3 Carl Jung books I need to go through--Synchronicity being the first--which I've been lugging around in my purse for the past couple of months, reading a snippet here and there when I have time.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
However, if you are interested in some east-meets-west stuff, I've been thinking about starting some Jungian threads in the Mysticism section for a while now. Please feel free to prod me into it if you are interested.
Please do so. (that's your prod)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I knew you were joking about Buddhism. ;)

Well, I hoped so! :p

However, if you are interested in some east-meets-west stuff, I've been thinking about starting some Jungian threads in the Mysticism section for a while now. Please feel free to prod me into it if you are interested. I have 3 Carl Jung books I need to go through--Synchronicity being the first--which I've been lugging around in my purse for the past couple of months, reading a snippet here and there when I have time.

Sure! That definitely sounds interesting to me. :)

Northern Lights

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
I hope your search for truth is going ok Saint Frankenstein and that your depression is lifting (which mine certainly is at last).

I have come to the conclusion that for me, established religions and other such labels are just attachments. And as someone else said above - you cannot find out who you really are, from someone else's "instruction manual".

Today, I have abandoned considering myself a 'Buddhist' as I have (loosely) for 16 years. I love the teachings, but I don't think Shakyamuni intended us to create a religion, under the banner 'Buddhism'. He taught us some universal truths but moreso he told us to go out and find our own truth.

Even the Dalai Lama has recently said publically:- "Don't use the teachings of Buddhism to become a good Buddhist, use them to become a good 'whatever you already are' ".

I have been grasping and craving for the 'belonging' of a religion but I am letting go now.

I am just what I am. Neither the body nor the mind.

I hope you find peace soon too, Saint Frank' :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I hope your search for truth is going ok Saint Frankenstein and that your depression is lifting (which mine certainly is at last).

I have come to the conclusion that for me, established religions and other such labels are just attachments. And as someone else said above - you cannot find out who you really are, from someone else's "instruction manual".

Today, I have abandoned considering myself a 'Buddhist' as I have (loosely) for 16 years. I love the teachings, but I don't think Shakyamuni intended us to create a religion, under the banner 'Buddhism'. He taught us some universal truths but moreso he told us to go out and find our own truth.

Even the Dalai Lama has recently said publically:- "Don't use the teachings of Buddhism to become a good Buddhist, use them to become a good 'whatever you already are' ".

I have been grasping and craving for the 'belonging' of a religion but I am letting go now.

I am just what I am. Neither the body nor the mind.

I hope you find peace soon too, Saint Frank' :)

Thanks.

It's not so much that I'm searching for truth, but a path that works with my beliefs. I've gone back to the Left Hand Path and continuing with my own form of Satanism. The nice thing about the Left Hand Path is that it's pretty much DIY. There's nothing you have to conform yourself to. Also, it fits my personality the most, anyway. My religious journey has basically been going back and forth between Catholicism, the LHP and Paganism, anyway. I do consider myself under the overall Pagan umbrella, still. It's Catholicism that's out.