• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking about moving beyond Satanism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I never had peace in the Catholicism I was raised with, or any other religion and various eastern or new age practices I journeyed through. Jesus Christ alone and knowing His love and forgiveness transformed everything for me and continues to bring me peace that passes understanding and endures through anything this life dishes out. :cross:

I'm happy that you found something that works for you.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Thank you for your suggestions. It is good advice. I'm just not keen on seeking to experience some deity right now because theism, for me, tends to become a crutch that I know I can't count on.
*sigh*
Deity or mechanism--can you truly count on either? Work with what you can--work on yourself--before worrying about the question of greater deity/mechanism (unless you are applying the concepts of deity/mechanism, creativity/habits to yourself, of course.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
*sigh*
Deity or mechanism--can you truly count on either? Work with what you can--work on yourself--before worrying about the question of greater deity/mechanism (unless you are applying the concepts of deity/mechanism, creativity/habits to yourself, of course.)

What's the sigh for? Am I annoying you?

crossfire

Premium Member
What's the sigh for? Am I annoying you?
Not at all. The *sigh* was about how attached everyone can get attached to the idea/concept of deity/mechanism to the point of disabling their ability to work on themselves. You seemed to recognize the need to do so.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not at all. The *sigh* was about how attached everyone can get attached to the idea/concept of deity/mechanism to the point of disabling their ability to work on themselves. You seemed to recognize the need to do so.

Ah. Yes, that's a problem I have and it's a very bad one.

crossfire

Premium Member
Ah. Yes, that's a problem I have and it's a very bad one.
Attachment to concepts is one of those things that we unknowingly trip ourselves up with, and then don't understand why we keep getting tripped up. It can be depressing! Recognizing it for what it is gives one hope to break out of your funk/bad habit.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Attachment to concepts is one of those things that we unknowingly trip ourselves up with, and then don't understand why we keep getting tripped up. It can be depressing! Recognizing it for what it is gives one hope to break out of your funk/bad habit.

Maybe I will become a Buddhist. :D

Northern Lights

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Yeah, nothing is going to make me feel completely satisfied while being depressed, yes. It's true that I can't "feel" God's grace in my life or anything like that. But it's not even just that. I can't find it in myself to believe in Catholic doctrine.

I am getting help for my depression and I'm on medication. I wish you well in getting better.

Thanks Brother. It is a heart-wrenching condition but I guess without the lows there'd be no highs, and maybe, just maybe, one day everything will be made clear.

All the best to you too, and I hope you feel better soon.

Northern Lights

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
@Saint Frankenstein,

Reading the last few posts, and where you are in your thoughts at the moment, and also thinking about what Crossfire was saying about 'deity/mechanism', why not read something like Eckhart Tolle? (The Power Of Now).

Yes, I know he has plenty of people on forums (especially Religious Forums) that hate him and consider him a false prophet, but the fact is, his books are entirely based on what Crossfire was talking about; working on yourself without any blind faith in a deity or mechanism. His 'outlook' is completely secular and can be summed up as 224 pages on teaching you how to stay present in the moment. There really isn't anything else in his 'doctrine' than that.

It could just be an inspirational read that helps you to feel better about your existance.

Personally, I don't think Buddhism will be right for you at the moment. To be honest, I'm a little tired with the 'perfect' religion of Buddhism; it has no central deity, but is MASSIVELY into the 'mechanics' side of things that Crossfire alluded to. If you start to look deeply into Buddhism when you're feeling depressed it can cause headaches! :) ...and can also be easily misinterpreted as a gloomy, depressing outlook - not what you need when you're depressed.

I'm reading "The Power of Now" at the moment and finding it a very refreshing read with some good practical things to try, that don't involve subscribing to a religion or bag of doctrine.

Just something to think about.

Contemplative Cat

energy formation
Buddha said "the truth is perfect as it is, no one can alter the truth, no one can improve the truth"

Basically, forget symbols and just figure it out. The truth is always the same.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Norse mythology is awesome. Have fun with it! You can always practice both Germanic Paganism and Hellenic Paganism. Plenty of people worship gods from two or more pantheons. I actually have a dual Roman-Egyptian (maybe even Roman-Grecco-Egyptian) path myself. If you like runes, a lot of Celtic pagans and Druids use ogham sticks for divination. There's also Celtic Shamanism and Druidism.

Just to warn you, you'll probably find some pagans fighting among each other too (especially on tumblr :p).

I think everyone likes to fight with everyone on Tumblr.:p

Contemplative Cat

energy formation
None the less. St Frankenstein I think you might benefit from some Bhagvad gita.
But even in Christianity it tells us
Relax, have faith. Quiet your mind and know that what happens happens and it couldn't go any other way.
All is destiny &/or karma, whatever you prefer life is happening before our eyes we can let things go or we can carry things around like a heavy load.

I don't talk about it much but I used to be into Prometheus too, and i was depressed.

Like was said earlier, The Nature Spirits. Your one of them, join them and belong as a part of Nature. Belong without criteria is really the way to happiness. Just being ok.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, I'm not interested in Hinduism. When I'm fed up with God, I tend to default back to a sort of Luciferianism since that is what most closely fits my personal beliefs, anyway.