• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think Twice ... That's my Only Advice

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Ha ha ha, bless your soul ... and a whoah turned into a hell mutha bleeping no, but then I'm not in control of what is deemed ethical or unethical in today's society. Anyway, Ethics and morality and being ok with being honest, yet also having fun with the think twice aspect of it all.

Ok, so some would say I was once a hit man and that would be true. The question might be: Which part? Is it true that you were a hit man or is it true that some would say that? The think twice and fun in that is saying nothing at all, in the making you think twice about the statement and the truth in it.

Now, gender arena think twice's are on the docket and I'm wondering about the ethics of it all, so without answering or filling you in on whether I was ever a hit man, lets speak about the ethics of the think twice gender identity crises prevalent in today's society.

Both have the ability to instill fear in some, and both could be determined to be extremely dangerous ground to tread. So ... lets talk morals and ethics shall we.

PureX

Veteran Member
Living a relative existence with an absolutist's heart is a ticket to insanity.

You need to learn to relax. Reality is not "truth" for we humans, it's "flow". Let it flow, be yourself, and trust in God (whatever that is).

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
lets talk morals and ethics shall we.

Let’s talk psycholinguistics first.
I recommend you don’t end sentences like that with “shall we ?”
It sounds sanctimonious and as if you think everyone else are airheads.
Do you think everyone else are airheads ?

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Living a relative existence with an absolutist's heart is a ticket to insanity.

You need to learn to relax. Reality is not "truth" for we humans, it's "flow". Let it flow, be yourself, and trust in God (whatever that is).

I find this that and the other to be distasteful, dangerous, and dumb, but of course that is all relative to who I am as an individual. Subjectively speaking, I think guys are disgusting and some woman to be almost irresistible, so ... As a man I will always prefer what I'm most attracted to subjectively because my subjective experience are well relative to who I am as an individual. Is that an absolute? I mean, Is it an absolute that I find some things disgusting and other things extremely appealing based on who I am and how I am as an individual who experience life subjectively and in a way that is by and large only relative to me?

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
Let’s talk psycholinguistics first.
I recommend you don’t end sentences like that with “shall we ?”
It sounds sanctimonious and as if you think everyone else are airheads.
Do you think everyone else are airheads ?

Everyone... no, but some certainly. Also, I find the thought of even the potential of someone like this venturing into a ladies restroom with intent to deceive. It's a sexual predator mindset and it's dangerous, so lets talk about the sanctimonious way in which YOU approached ME shall we?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Everyone... no, but some certainly. Also, I find the thought of even the potential of someone like this venturing into a ladies restroom with intent to deceive. It's a sexual predator mindset and it's dangerous, so lets talk about the sanctimonious way in which YOU approached ME shall we?

There you go again.

PureX

Veteran Member
I find this that and the other to be distasteful, dangerous, and dumb, but of course that is all relative to who I am as an individual. Subjectively speaking, I think guys are disgusting and some woman to be almost irresistible, so ... As a man I will always prefer what I'm most attracted to subjectively because my subjective experience are well relative to who I am as an individual. Is that an absolute? I mean, Is it an absolute that I find some things disgusting and other things extremely appealing based on who I am and how I am as an individual who experience life subjectively and in a way that is by and large only relative to me?
I think the question to you is WHY you feel as you do when it is clearly not logical to do so. Being you is one thing. Taking responsibility for being you is another. People are filling us with BS throughout our childhoods until we become adults, and then we continue wallowing in it, ourselves. Part of being an authentic human being, to me, means being willing to uncover, and jettison as much of that BS as we can so that we don't spend our lives embodying and perpetuating it. And so that we can become who we are, as opposed to who we think we are, according to the crap everyone else has taught us about ourselves.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
I think the question to you is WHY you feel as you do when it is clearly not logical to do so. Being you is one thing. Taking responsibility for being you is another. People are filling us with BS throughout our childhoods until we become adults, and then we continue wallowing in it, ourselves. Part of being an authentic human being, to me, means being willing to uncover, and jettison as much of that BS as we can so that we don't spend our lives embodying and perpetuating it. And so that we can become who we are, as opposed to who we think we are, according to the crap everyone else has taught us about ourselves.

I like peach ice cream, I prefer coke over pepsi, meduim well steak over well done, lots of sugar in my coffee as opposed to none, the scent of a natural woman over perfume, smaller breasts over larger breasts, nice curves over straight lines, an ample cushion as opposed to flat, etc. Now all the above is relative to who I am, based on my personal subjective preferences as a man who has a little experience under his belt ... so to speak, I mean, if you're satisfied with eating a dirt sandwich instead of philly steak and cheese, then that would be relative to you based on your personal subjective preferences as a person also. In short, we are who we are, we enjoy what we enjoy and I'm ok with you enjoying what you enjoy as long as you're not forcing or attempting to dupe me or others into finding things that would otherwise be disgusting and in the end, would be disgusting still if and when the time ever came to reveal that truth. It not only limits those being duped, but it likewise limits the one's doing the duping, as in it prevents all involved from truly enjoying and being satisfied and happy.

It's almost like say ... Umm ... I can go to this place and make 1,000,000,000.00 dollars legitimately and it would be much more beneficial for all involved than it would otherwise, yet deciding to go 100 ft away and make only 10.00 illegally and harm all involved by doing so. It's the difference between a dirt sandwich and a bacon wrapped fillet mignon served with a baked potato and a nice chefs salad and roll. .

PureX

Veteran Member
I like peach ice cream, I prefer coke over pepsi, meduim well steak over well done, lots of sugar in my coffee as opposed to none, the scent of a natural woman over perfume, smaller breasts over larger breasts, nice curves over straight lines, an ample cushion as opposed to flat, etc. Now all the above is relative to who I am, based on my personal subjective preferences as a man who has a little experience under his belt ... so to speak, I mean, if you're satisfied with eating a dirt sandwich instead of philly steak and cheese, then that would be relative to you based on your personal subjective preferences as a person also. In short, we are who we are, we enjoy what we enjoy and I'm ok with you enjoying what you enjoy as long as you're not forcing or attempting to dupe me or others into finding things that would otherwise be disgusting and in the end, would be disgusting still if and when the time ever came to reveal that truth. It not only limits those being duped, but it likewise limits the one's doing the duping, as in it prevents all involved from truly enjoying and being satisfied and happy.

It's almost like say ... Umm ... I can go to this place and make 1,000,000,000.00 dollars legitimately and it would be much more beneficial for all involved than it would otherwise, yet deciding to go 100 ft away and make only 10.00 illegally and harm all involved by doing so. It's the difference between a dirt sandwich and a bacon wrapped fillet mignon served with a baked potato and a nice chefs salad and roll. .
More zen, less monkey, please.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
More zen, less monkey, please.

I know right, but sometimes the beast comes out to play, but only because of the way some are treated, abused, and taken advantage of. Here's the thing, say there's 25 people who about a millisecond away from stomping a mudhole in your you know what, and then there's 150 more people who are there to protect and defend you. I wonder if you'd be ok with the monkey then and the beast chomping at the bit within them to be the monkey too? The point is this: I prefer people to be happy, to not settle for less when they could and should and otherwise would have more, but because they choose deception over truth, to dupe as opposed to truly being into, and to be spiteful instead of kind and/or respectful, the monkey and beast are always on alert and ready to umm ... stomp a few mudholes in you know what's. In the end, peaceful resolutions, respect, and common courtesy and kindness work wonders, but some seem to be so hell bent on being ugly that these peaceful resolutions are like a candle with a 1/8 of an inch wick and flame being in a category 5 hurricane with wind gusts upward of 150 mph. I like a nice zen vibe, I enjoy the feel and scent of a woman who is turned on like a faucet. but then some people enjoy turning the faucet off when the water is needed more than a next meal ... if you catch my meaning. What's the point otherwise? To eat without water...

PureX

Veteran Member
I know right, but sometimes the beast comes out to play, but only because of the way some are treated, abused, and taken advantage of. Here's the thing, say there's 25 people who about a millisecond away from stomping a mudhole in your you know what, and then there's 150 more people who are there to protect and defend you. I wonder if you'd be ok with the monkey then and the beast chomping at the bit within them to be the monkey too? The point is this: I prefer people to be happy, to not settle for less when they could and should and otherwise would have more, but because they choose deception over truth, to dupe as opposed to truly being into, and to be spiteful instead of kind and/or respectful, the monkey and beast are always on alert and ready to umm ... stomp a few mudholes in you know what's. In the end, peaceful resolutions, respect, and common courtesy and kindness work wonders, but some seem to be so hell bent on being ugly that these peaceful resolutions are like a candle with a 1/8 of an inch wick and flame being in a category 5 hurricane with wind gusts upward of 150 mph. I like a nice zen vibe, I enjoy the feel and scent of a woman who is turned on like a faucet. but then some people enjoy turning the faucet off when the water is needed more than a next meal ... if you catch my meaning. What's the point otherwise? To eat without water...
Engaging in "what if's" is very un-zen-like. And what other people do/enjoy doing/whatever is not under your control. The only thing you can control is how you choose to live in the world, and how you choose to leave it. That's what zen is all about: recognizing this, and then embodying it.