• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things Look Good for Biden

Yerda

Veteran Member
We're still three months away from election day, so the situation could change.

However, the polls consistently show Biden with a lead over Trump that can't be ignored. This is the case nationally as well as in the swing states that won the election for Trump in 2016.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Current Polling Averages:

National: Biden +7.4
Florida: Biden +6.2
Wisconsin: Biden +5.0
Michigan: Biden +7.8
Pennsylvania: Biden +6.0
North Carolina: Biden +4.7

What would have to happen for the polls to shift substantially enough for Trump to pull out a win?
At this rate they could probably wake Biden up 15 minutes before the inauguration. I can't think of a candidate in any election I've ever followed who has been less present in the race.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I can't think of a candidate in any election I've ever followed who has been less present in the race.
He doesn't have to be as Trump is digging his own political grave.

Also, Biden is pretty much a known entity-- for better or worse.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
At this rate they could probably wake Biden up 15 minutes before the inauguration. I can't think of a candidate in any election I've ever followed who has been less present in the race.
He certainly is a person one would consider as incognito.

InChrist

Free4ever
He doesn't have to be as Trump is digging his own political grave.

Also, Biden is pretty much a known entity-- for better or worse.
I’d say for worse. Besides being mentally impaired, even according to this linked left- leaning publication, Biden has a long history of being a
racist.
“Joe Biden is a dedicated, lifelong racist. He won’t save any of us, least of all the victims of police brutality.”

Joe Biden is a Racist Who Loves Police Brutality

metis

Besides being mentally impaired,...
What an idiotic thing to believe and say. Certainly with age we all lose a step or two, and I can vouch for that being 75, but you really would have to lose all your steps to believe that Biden is more "mentally impaired", to use your words, than Trump. Maybe use your own brain instead of just regurgitating partisan talking points.

Biden has a long history of being a racist.
Oh, so all those black people are stupid because they support him much more than Trump? The last poll I saw had it that Trump's approval rating within the black community was at a whopping 3%.:rolleyes:

Joe Biden is a Racist Who Loves Police Brutality
I'm much more into actual facts versus articles based on political opinions. Here's about Trump on the issue of race from a non-partisan source: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia Also, people of faith do tend to change over time, and this definitely applies to Biden as he has admitted.

And finally let me leave with this thought: one can believe in Jesus, or one can believe in Trump, but one cannot believe in both. Trump's words and actions strongly reflect his materialistic, hedonistic, and blatantly dishonest approach to life [for the latter, maybe check these two non-partisan sources out: Veracity of statements by Donald Trump - Wikipedia and List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump - Wikipedia] . And his last two pastors have publicly stated he has never attended services at either of their churches, whereas Biden attends services weekly.

If all this means nothing to you, then maybe find a church that actually teaches the Gospel and what it entails versus secular right-wing politics.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
What an idiotic thing to believe and say. Certainly with age we all lose a step or two, and I can vouch for that being 75, but you really would have to lose all your steps to believe that Biden is more "mentally impaired", to use your words, than Trump. Maybe use your own brain instead of just regurgitating partisan talking points.

Oh, so all those black people are stupid because they support him much more than Trump? The last poll I saw had it that Trump's approval rating within the black community was at a whopping 3%.:rolleyes:

I'm much more into actual facts versus articles based on political opinions. Here's about Trump on the issue of race from a non-partisan source: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia Also, people of faith do tend to change over time, and this definitely applies to Biden as he has admitted.

And finally let me leave with this thought: one can believe in Jesus, or one can believe in Trump, but one cannot believe in both. Trump's words and actions strongly reflect his materialistic, hedonistic, and blatantly dishonest approach to life [for the latter, maybe check these two non-partisan sources out: Veracity of statements by Donald Trump - Wikipedia and List of lawsuits involving Donald Trump - Wikipedia] . And his last two pastors have publicly stated he has never attended services at either of their churches, whereas Biden attends services weekly.

If all this means nothing to you, then maybe find a church that actually teaches the Gospel and what it entails versus secular right-wing politics.

You are certainly correct, one cannot believe in Jesus and in Trump, nor any politician for that matter. Over my many years of life, I have noticed that most, but not all, of those involved in politics are materialistic, hedonistic, and dishonest as Trump. I don’t “believe” in Trump or any human politician. Biden is at least as bad as a Trump or maybe from observing his record and past political career, he’s worse.

Not sure where you get your information from, but it appears more and more blacks and non-whites are favoring Trump and getting tired of being used by the Democrats.

“Black approval and other non-white approval of the job POTUS is doing are today at 43% and 55%, respectively. The Democrats, well, they are at 30% approval. Nobody apparently likes urban riots:”

THIS IS HUGE! Black and Minority Voter Approval for President Trump At Record Highs

”In November, an Emerson poll reported a 34.5 percent approval rating among black voters, and a January Gallup poll reported a 14 percent increase in satisfaction over race relations among Americans.”

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/why-these-black-new-yorkers-are-voting-for-trump-in-2020/

metis

Biden is at least as bad as a Trump or maybe from observing his record and past political career, he’s worse.
I gave you non-partisan links to show Trump's horrific record when it comes to his dishonesty, now it's time for you to give us non-partisan links to show that Biden is supposedly worse. Even numerous Pubs have complained about Trump's self-centered materialism, his hedonism, and his dishonesty, and that's just for starters. If you can't even see that, well ...

Not sure where you get your information from, but it appears more and more blacks and non-whites are favoring Trump and getting tired of being used by the Democrats.
Well, here's a recent non-partisan Pew Poll {scroll down to "2020"], and it shows Trump at 7% versus Biden: Trump Trails Biden on Most Personal Traits, Major Issues

THIS IS HUGE! Black and Minority Voter Approval for President Trump At Record Highs.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/why-these-black-new-yorkers-are-voting-for-trump-in-2020/
As long as you are using partisan right-wing sources, such as where your links came from, you will almost always be spoon-fed distortions and lies. You are allowing yourself to be manipulated by that "echo-chamber".

The fact that you are so willing to try and justify and defend Trump's words and actions is so truly pathetic. Biden ain't a saint, but compared to Trump, he's clearly head & shoulders more moral. Lindsey Graham stated a few years ago that Biden was the most moral person in Congress, as far as he's concerned. Meghan McCain has said she will support and vote for Biden. George Will, former chief editor of the "National Review", stated that not only must Trump be defeated but also most of the rest on the congressional Republicans because they refuse to stand up against Trump's words and actions.

Your willingness to defend Trump's dishonesty, materialism, and hedonism is so utterly contrary to what Jesus taught us to be like, and as the adage goes "You are like the company you keep". Either way, this is my last post on this with you as I'm leaving for a vacation tomorrow and won't be back on-line until Monday.

Tambourine

All this talk about Biden has got me curious whether there exists a person in US politics that would have the capacity to be worse in all aspects than Trump at being a president.

Just how reprehensible would such a person have to be?

tytlyf

Not Religious
All this talk about Biden has got me curious whether there exists a person in US politics that would have the capacity to be worse in all aspects than Trump at being a president.

Does Hannity count? Low IQ, Low education, incompetent, etc? Unfortunately, I think Hannity would be a step up.

metis

Now that is a really tough question to answer.

BTW, Trump gave money twice to the Kamala Harris campaign when she was running in California, and Ivanka gave once to her.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Polling Update:

National: Biden +7.6
Wisconsin: Biden +6.5
Florida: Biden +5.0
Pennsylvania: Biden +5.7
North Carolina: Trump +0.6
Michigan: Biden +6.7
Arizona: Biden +2.0