• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things are looking very bad for Kent Hovind

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
His main channel was taken down by YouTube today. It had quite a few violations on it and YouTube finally had it. They shut it down cold and he has 24 hours to appeal. It probably will not work;

I am putting a link to a live discussion of this. Skip ahead to the 22 minute mark if you want to hear Kent, you can skip the prelim. And I am putting it behind a spoiler because there is quite bit of cursing going on:

Not to mention the problems that he is having from Christians because he has a convicted child molester working for him at Dinosaur Adventure Land and he even had access to a minor over a weekend.

Preacher Accused of Enabling Pedophile at Creationist ‘Dino’ Theme Park

Kent's current problems are not from "evolutionists", they are not from the IRS or the Justice Department. It is mostly from his own disillusioned followers.

Viker

Häxan
“The devil, I think, is using the dinosaurs to teach boys and girls the Earth is millions of years old,"

If that were true, then the devil is the good guy doing a valuable service for education and human progress.

Anyway, this article best illustrates a denial of inconvenient truths that do not fit Hovind's narrative. He's willing to overlook child molestation and habitual criminal behavior as long as the source of such locks in step with his line of bias. And now, he must face his ravenous followers rage against him alone.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
“The devil, I think, is using the dinosaurs to teach boys and girls the Earth is millions of years old,"

If that were true, then the devil is the good guy doing a valuable service for education and human progress.

Anyway, this article best illustrates a denial of inconvenient truths that do not fit Hovind's narrative. He's willing to overlook child molestation and habitual criminal behavior as long as the source of such locks in step with his line of bias. And now, he must face his ravenous followers rage against him alone.
The devil commissioned the Jurassic Park series confirmed

Heyo

Veteran Member
His main channel was taken down by YouTube today. It had quite a few violations on it and YouTube finally had it. They shut it down cold and he has 24 hours to appeal. It probably will not work;
I thought he hasn't had a channel for years? Maybe it was an other social media, Twitter? Some of his channels aren't official his but Matt Powell's.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought he hasn't had a channel for years? Maybe it was an other social media, Twitter? Some of his channels aren't official his but Matt Powell's.
No, he has had "Kent Hovind, official" since he got out of prison.

I found a video of his interview with a lady from the Daily Beast. It is rather hard to listen to since it was only intended for the magazine. Kent's audio is clear, but the questioner's is not. But I could tell the child that spent the weekend with a child at Kent's con camp did tell his mother that he was molested. Kent was also not exactly honest (who would have guessed?) claiming that this was the first that he had heard of this etc..

Soandso

It's always interesting to watch people debate Kent Hovind. His points are so transperent and easily disproven that people are sometimes eager to debate him. Unfortunately, he doesn't care about honest conversation, so it ends up turning into a mud wrestling match where Kent comes out on top due to his pig headedness and ability to pivot and weild logical fallacies

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's always interesting to watch people debate Kent Hovind. His points are so transperent and easily disproven that people are sometimes eager to debate him. Unfortunately, he doesn't care about honest conversation, so it ends up turning into a mud wrestling match where Kent comes out on top due to his pig headedness and ability to pivot and weild logical fallacies
The only truly satisfying one was where he agreed to a "discussion" with Aron Ra. Kent does not understand what a debate is so Aron wisely demanded a discussion. Every time that he started lying Aron jumped in and got him off script. I have never seen Kent so frustrated.

Soandso

The only truly satisfying one was where he agreed to a "discussion" with Aron Ra. Kent does not understand what a debate is so Aron wisely demanded a discussion. Every time that he started lying Aron jumped in and got him off script. I have never seen Kent so frustrated.

Oh! Imma have to look that one up

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That was one of the greatest things I've ever listened to in my life.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
LOL! I have not even clicked on the link and it is now playing in my head.

Sadly he is worse than that.
Especially that tragedy when a child drowned to death in his pond.

All he kept talking about was how the father and mother and family of that child would come back to his park in spite of loosing their child there because they had so much fun.

Creationist: Yes, a Boy Drowned at My Park, But His Siblings “Had a Blast Here”

This is not a kind man we are talking about here.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Especially that tragedy when a child drowned to death in his pond.

All he kept talking about was how the father and mother and family of that child would come back to his park in spite of loosing their child there because they had so much fun.

Creationist: Yes, a Boy Drowned at My Park, But His Siblings “Had a Blast Here”

This is not a kind man we are talking about here.
Read the article linked in the OP. One of his old prison buddies was a child molester. He did not care. A child spent the weekend at his camp in the molester's cabin. A few days after he got home he told his mother that he was molested. And he denied this regularly until this interview. Now he merely claims no knowledge of it.