• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thich Nhat Hanh (Thích Nhất Hạnh) passed away

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thich Nhat Hanh, one of the most important spiritual leaders of our time, died today at Từ Hiếu Pagoda in Vietnam. He was 95.

Affectionately referred to as “Thay,” by his students, Thich Nhat Hanh has often been referred to as “the father of mindfulness.” In his 95 years, he made a global impact as a teacher, author, activist, and founder of the Engaged Buddhism movement. His simple yet deeply profound teachings led countless people towards a life of mindfulness, joy, and peace and helped define Buddhism for the modern world.

We at Lion’s Roar are deeply saddened to share the news of his passing. The three pieces below offer a look into the remarkable life and teachings of this wonderful teacher. We hope his words and life’s example will touch your heart as they have ours.

In his book, At Home in the World, published in 2016, Nhat Hanh addressed the idea of his death, writing:

“Even when the cloud is not there, it continues as snow or rain. It is impossible for the cloud to die. It can become rain or ice, but it cannot become nothing. The cloud does not need to have a soul in order to continue. There’s no beginning and no end. I will never die. There will be a dissolution of this body, but that does not mean my death.”

“I will continue, always.”

Lilly Greenblatt, Digital Editor, Lion’s Roar

Here is a sample of his teachings -

Thich Nhat Hanh on The Practice of Mindfulness

Best wishes to all his students & admirers

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! :(

a very, very important teacer

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
First time I hear from Him

This picture radiates friendliness

IMG_20220122_103144.jpg

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
A wonderful teacher who will be greatly missed. I was involved in a TNH sangha for many years, and used to lead mindfulness days.