• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Knew

Now that Trump has literally endangered their personal safety, bowing to Trump and being silent is no longer the coward’s way out.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
They Know Now
Begs the question "why did they make Trump President"?
I can see a few "good" reasons why they did

In India is a story: Elephant chooses King, although it seems quite random ... from karma POV it should be right

I don't believe Trump coincidental became President ... America did not become coincidental a superpower
When a country is a Superpower, those in charge never give Superpower away easy/voluntary

Hence ... why?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It is entirely instructive that these are all quotes taken from the days before the primary voters nominated Trump for president, and their predominant will thus became crystal clear and decided.

Most politicians, just like the rest of us, will only tell the public the truth when they feel they can get away with it.

All politicians -- even the extraordinarily few who will now and then tell the public the truth when the public does not want to hear the truth -- know they can 'get ahead' in every way by telling the public what the public wants to hear, regardless of whether that is true or false.

In short, there are huge advantages to lying to people who want to hear lies, and few, if any, benefits to telling the truth to people who don't want to hear the truth.

You can only blame politicians so much -- even the worst of them -- before you must start looking at yourself, if you actually want to be realistic about it. When was the last time you voted for someone who told you something you knew deep down to be true, but did not want to hear?

If you hire someone to lie to you, and that person does the job you hired them for, are you going to place the whole and entire blame on them for doing their job?

Call it 'shameful behavior' and try to abolish it, if you must. I call it 'human nature' and try to figure out ways to work around it.

Bear Wild

They Know Now

They knew then too, but self interest and the desire to capitalize on the unreal support for a man despite the reality of the damage he would do to democracy was to intoxicating for their future amnions. And to continue support after and an invasion into the US capitol insisted by false claims did not stop Hawley and Cruz from containing to insight the over though of the government and deny the integrity of the US election tradition. As a Texan I am ashamed of how Texans, not only Cruz, took part in trying to destroy the democratic process in favor of a dictatorship that favored their interests. Cruz if he has any integrity left should step down from his office.

It is entirely instructive that these are all quotes taken from the days before the primary voters nominated Trump for president, and their predominant will thus became crystal clear and decided.

Most politicians, just like the rest of us, will only tell the public the truth when they feel they can get away with it.

All politicians -- even the extraordinarily few who will now and then tell the public the truth when the public does not want to hear the truth -- know they can 'get ahead' in every way by telling the public what the public wants to hear, regardless of whether that is true or false.

In short, there are huge advantages to lying to people who want to hear lies, and few, if any, benefits to telling the truth to people who don't want to hear the truth.

You can only blame politicians so much -- even the worst of them -- before you must start looking at yourself, if you actually want to be realistic about it. When was the last time you voted for someone who told you something you knew deep down to be true, but did not want to hear?

If you hire someone to lie to you, and that person does the job you hired them for, are you going to place the whole and entire blame on them for doing their job?

Call it 'shameful behavior' and try to abolish it, if you must. I call it 'human nature' and try to figure out ways to work around it.
Well said.

Mitt Romney gave a poignant speech after the insurrection.

He asked, what should elected representatives do, when their constituents have been mislead, and the election is being stolen from them, and they are angry, and feel they haven’t been listened to?

Mitt’s answer, which he actually shouted: “Tell them the truth!”

What a novel concept.

*edit: Actually Mitt’s rhetorical question was how do we show “respect” to those voters.

Last edited: