• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Are Billions

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
How in the absolute flying **** do you beat the first level?!?!?!?!?!?

I got to the very end, day 110 on EASY no less, and only one of my perimeter defenses succumbed to the zombie hoard. I tried to draw the hoard to my still standing defenses but the infection already was out of control. HOLY CRAP I'm so pissed. The only section where I didn't have enough shock tesla towers.

This is the hardest game ever. I will keep trying tomorrow.

Ok the last 'wave' is I think on this setting is about 30-50,000 zombies attacking you on all sides at once. Every wave before that starts at a 12-24-48-100-200-500-1000 etc etc you get the picture, but's it's only one side so you can compensate weaknesses. Oh and you can't save prior, just upon exit exactly where you left off. ugh... I am so pissed off right now....oh and when your buildings get attacked they don't have to be destroyed only partially before they become infected and all the people working inside the structure burst out and are added to the hoard.

This is the Dark Souls of strategy games.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
How in the absolute flying **** do you beat the first level?!?!?!?!?!?

I got to the very end, day 110 on EASY no less, and only one of my perimeter defenses succumbed to the zombie hoard. I tried to draw the hoard to my still standing defenses but the infection already was out of control. HOLY CRAP I'm so pissed. The only section where I didn't have enough shock tesla towers.

This is the hardest game ever. I will keep trying tomorrow.

Ok the last 'wave' is I think on this setting is about 30-50,000 zombies attacking you on all sides at once. Every wave before that starts at a 12-24-48-100-200-500-1000 etc etc you get the picture, but's it's only one side so you can compensate weaknesses. Oh and you can't save prior, just upon exit exactly where you left off. ugh... I am so pissed off right now....oh and when your buildings get attacked they don't have to be destroyed only partially before they become infected and all the people working inside the structure burst out and are added to the hoard.

This is the Dark Souls of strategy games.

I did about the same. It was a struggle just to get to that point. It's a lot of micro-management.

Thought I was finally going to win, last horde wiped me out. Haven't tried again. Been maybe 6 months.

So good luck.

Kind of like Command and Conquer meets World War Z.

'They Are Billions' Isn't About Zombies, It's About Wishful Thinking

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I did about the same. It was a struggle just to get to that point. It's a lot of micro-management.

Thought I was finally going to win, last horde wiped me out. Haven't tried again. Been maybe 6 months.

So good luck.

Kind of like Command and Conquer meets World War Z.

'They Are Billions' Isn't About Zombies, It's About Wishful Thinking

I just won this morning. feels GREAT.

key defenses barbed wired in the front. double stone walls, then shock towers, then double thick walls, then towers full of soldiers, then executor towers behind them, then towers with snipers behind them.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
NOT over expanding and getting the crystal palace, the lightning spire, and titans is absolutely essential to winning the first level.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
This should be your minimum amount of defenses towards the end., resources are hella scarce in the next level and it's way more wide open.
Screenshot 2018-10-26 01.03.50.png
Screenshot 2018-10-26 01.04.35.png

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
where ever its weak put titans in for support, I had 13 by the end of this one. and if your walls fail drop walls behind to slow em down to give you r troops ime to reach the collapsed sector.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
ugh I made it to day 90 on the second level. In order to progress to the 3rd made you have to play it at the next hardest difficulty. so first on east, not easiest, second on "accessible" whatever that means. Next on hard, hardest then brutal I wish they didn't force you to play on increasingly difficult settings. Oh well each attempt I get 15-20 days further than the last now. I suspect I shall win level 2 tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
This defense WILL succeed no matter how many zombies there are, PERIOD. all guard towers and executers and great ballistae should be targeting higher level, while the shock towers decimate anything under the giants.

works best in wide open perimeter defenses, better with rear guard tower snipers in bottlenecks. I think in my last run, the last wave managed to destroy 4 wall sections and two shock towers.

Wonders to get are: The Crystal Palace, The Victorious, The Lightning Spire, The Immortal Bunker, maximize your gold with banks, the Inn, the bunker, advanced mills trump power plants as they don't take away wood production.

On your wall defense. one wall separates you guard sniper towers from your soldier towers and your executors chain gun towers, a double wall separates your soldier and chain guns from your shock towers and you form double walled "spikes" in front of your shock towers to force the swarms of zombies around the shock towers to maximize their effectiveness. I won stage two, today, using this strategy.

Screenshots from both stage 2 and 3. shocks decimate and I mean decimate the hoard. It's almost not even fair.

Screenshot 2018-10-27 21.35.31.png View attachment 25066
View attachment 25067

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I have improved the defenses, tested it on challenging, granted I gave myself 150 days to do it though.

the final horde broke through to one tower. here's le whole base, I don't know if anyone is reading this thread still but I am absolutely addicted to this game. i love that it is ridiculously difficult to master and keeps you on your toes with it's micro and macro management.
View attachment 25124 View attachment 25123
View attachment 25125 View attachment 25126

Last edited:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I finally beat the last level. Holy moley. the difficulty ramp is super steep on that one. Don't use soldiers...at least for the 1st 60 days. they are too loud.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
yeehaw, I just beat it on challenging 120 days with no attack towers, now, I have to refine my strat to 100 days for the achievement.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
for that defense I had the bottlenecks with three tiers of stone towers filled front 2 with soldiers back on with snipers targeting the high levels on the open perimeters with an open field to defend, I had 2 tiers of stone towers. front row full of soldiers and back row alternating snipers and soldiers. at about half of the perimeter I had groups of 6 lucifer flamethrower troops lined right in fron of the wall and built stake and barbed wire about 8 deep in front of the walls. At all defense perimeter sections I had between 6-8 Thanatos rocket launch/mortar troops nestled between the towers.

Food and population will definitely be a problem for this achievement. But you have to weight your options with towers Energy is usually a huge problem. I used the lightning spire to build spike traps way out on my most open perimeter to thin the herd of the undead before they reached my base. Make sure you have the transmutator to support all those heave troops if your oil production is lacking.