• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thessalonians and Revelation

Frank Goad

In 1 Thessalonians 4:14 it says Jesus brings people back from heaven.Also in Revelation 19:14.It says two different armies are coming from heaven.I think the two armies are the souls of dead believers and angels.What do you think?Dead people and angels or not?:)

Palehorse

In 1 Thessalonians 4:14 it says Jesus brings people back from heaven.Also in Revelation 19:14.It says two different armies are coming from heaven.I think the two armies are the souls of dead believers and angels.What do you think?Dead people and angels or not?:)
I often wander...why people wait for saints to die...and then call them saints...

Brian2

Veteran Member

Those asleep in Christ will be brought back by Jesus when He returns and resurrected bodily as Jesus was. The armies are angels.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I often wander...why people wait for saints to die...and then call them saints...

All those in Christ are saints even though it does not appear that way at times.
The meaning of saints, when it comes to Christians, I think has changed since the writing of the New Testament.
Christians are set apart and holy should try to act that way for the service God has called us to.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I find people like those of Luke 22:28-30 are the 'saints or holy ones' (Daniel 7:18) who have that first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10. As 'saints/holy ones' they are Not classed as angels.
So, yes, they will be in Heaven with the angelic armies of Revelation 19:14; Revelation 17:14 B.
The rest of dead mankind will still be part of Acts of the Apostles 24:15 who have a future earthly resurrection.

I don't read 1 Thessalonians 4:14 as saying Jesus brings people back from Heaven, rather they are resurrected to Heaven at this time frame - Revelation 20:4; 5:9-10.

I have understood 1 Thessalonians 4:14 is about Jesus raising people from death. And Revelation 19:14 is not about the same thing, but about angels coming from heaven.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I find people like those of Luke 22:28-30 are the 'saints or holy ones' (Daniel 7:18) who have that first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10. As 'saints/holy ones' they are Not classed as angels.
So, yes, they will be in Heaven with the angelic armies of Revelation 19:14; Revelation 17:14 B.
The rest of dead mankind will still be part of Acts of the Apostles 24:15 who have a future earthly resurrection.

I don't read 1 Thessalonians 4:14 as saying Jesus brings people back from Heaven, rather they are resurrected to Heaven at this time frame - Revelation 20:4; 5:9-10.

1Thess 4:14 does however say that when Jesus comes He will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Him. It also says that when He comes the dead in Christ will be resurrected first.
It really looks like the souls of the dead will be with Jesus when He returns so that they can be resurrected into new bodies.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1Thess 4:14 does however say that when Jesus comes He will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Him. It also says that when He comes the dead in Christ will be resurrected first.
It really looks like the souls of the dead will be with Jesus when He returns so that they can be resurrected into new bodies.
Interesting thought ^ above^ except Jesus informs us at John 14:19 the world would see Jesus No more.
So, Jesus' appearance is in a heavenly spirit body and so are those who have that first or earlier resurrection.
- Revelation 20:6; 2:10; Luke 22:28-30.
Yes, I agree in that those who have that first or earlier resurrection will be with the angelic armies of Revelation 19:14-15; Revelation 17:14.
Thus, like Jesus they do Not need a new body because they remain in heavenly bodies with Jesus.
They take action for the living humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised:
- Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have understood 1 Thessalonians 4:14 is about Jesus raising people from death. And Revelation 19:14 is not about the same thing, but about angels coming from heaven.
Yes, angels and those of Revelation 20:6; 2:10 who have a first or earlier resurrection.
They are like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18 who are classed as saints or holy ones.
They take action with both Jesus and the angelic armies - Revelation 17:14 B.
Take action for the humble meek people who are promised everlasting life on Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11.
The 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All those in Christ are saints even though it does not appear that way at times.
The meaning of saints, when it comes to Christians, I think has changed since the writing of the New Testament.
Christians are set apart and holy should try to act that way for the service God has called us to.
Yes, do one's best to ' act that way ' (act responsibly toward God) whether with a heavenly or earthly calling.
The heavenly who have that first or earlier resurrection of Revelation 20:6; Revelation 2:10; Revelation 5:9-10.
The earthly who have that future or later resurrection on earth - Acts of the Apostles 24:15.
Such as King David - Acts of the Apostles 2:34.
Who when resurrected on Earth David will be ' prince ' under those heavenly king/priests.
Isaiah 32: Ezekiel 34:24; Psalms 45:16 B.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' at Jesus coming Glory Time can remain alive on Earth, and live forever on Earth.
- Matthew 25:31-33,37

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I find those who have that first or earlier resurrection of Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10 are in Heaven with Jesus.
They are the 'saints or holy ones ' of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; 1 Thessalonians 3:13. They keep heavenly bodies.
The majority (the other sheep) are resurrected with healthy physical bodies with the opportunity to live forever on a beautified paradisical Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Earth Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11. God's will be done on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
God's will, His purpose for Heaven is No war, No crime, No pollution, No death in Heaven.
So, we are praying for those same heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth as they exist in Heaven.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come!
Come and being ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
Healing to the point that No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and it's people will be happy-and-healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why would a God need an army?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I find those who have that first or earlier resurrection of Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10 are in Heaven with Jesus.
They are the 'saints or holy ones ' of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; 1 Thessalonians 3:13. They keep heavenly bodies.
The majority (the other sheep) are resurrected with healthy physical bodies with the opportunity to live forever on a beautified paradisical Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Earth Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11. God's will be done on Earth as it is done in Heaven.
God's will, His purpose for Heaven is No war, No crime, No pollution, No death in Heaven.
So, we are praying for those same heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth as they exist in Heaven.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come!
Come and being ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
Healing to the point that No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and it's people will be happy-and-healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

I still see that that those who sleep in Christ will be brought back with Christ to be resurrected.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I still see that that those who sleep in Christ will be brought back with Christ to be resurrected.

Even faithful ones still ' sleep' in death - David (Acts 2:34) the faithful of Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 still sleep.
So, to me the question is when will they 'wake up' from death's long sleep___________
Since they died before Christ died (John 3:13) they will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on Earth.
As to 'How close' is answered for us at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3. We are now waiting for the ' final signal', so to speak.
Whenever the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...." that is when the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 will begin, then followed by Jesus' rescue action for the great crowd as found at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think Jesus answers your question at Matthew 24:13 because one must endure to the end in order to be saved.
In other words, 'saints/ holy ones' can fall away - 1 Corinthians 10:12; 1 Corinthians 9:27.
Since ' flesh' (physical) can't inherit the heavenly kingdom they need a resurrection - Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10.
It is Not for men to say who is chosen - Daniel 7:18; Luke 22:28-30 - but up to God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Since they are already resurrected (Revelation 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10 ) they don't need a new body but they are like invisible angelic or spirit bodies - Revelation 17:14; Revelation 19:14.
They will then govern with Jesus from the heavens .