• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thesis: YEC are Conspiracy Theorists

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It is historical, for one, and we believe in an enemy (satan) who has a counterfeit philosophy (which is what 'toe' is:

For instance, the vast majority of so-called "ECF" were YEC, and believed in the global flood (not an ethnocentric (local) one):

I don't really care what the Early Church Fathers thought. They were simply unqualified to make any pronouncements on the matter.

They worked under Aristotelian physics, which we know is wrong. They imagined a universe smaller than what we now know is the orbit of Saturn, which is clearly wrong. Their cosmology was based on a difference between the lunar realm and the earthly realm in terms of physics, which is also wrong.

Now, can you find anyone who has considered the problem in the last century, that disagrees with evolution, and that doesn't think that evolution is the result of a huge conspiracy?

At the very least, the universal scientific consensus against YEC would be a hint, you would think.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't really care what the Early Church Fathers thought. They were simply unqualified to make any pronouncements on the matter.

They worked under Aristotelian physics, which we know is wrong. They imagined a universe smaller than what we now know is the orbit of Saturn, which is clearly wrong. Their cosmology was based on a difference between the lunar realm and the earthly realm in terms of physics, which is also wrong.

Now, can you find anyone who has considered the problem in the last century, that disagrees with evolution, and that doesn't think that evolution is the result of a huge conspiracy?

At the very least, the universal scientific consensus against YEC would be a hint, you would think.
...UNLESS you think there is huge conspiracy.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I was thinking more along the lines of Satan clouding the minds of scientists to make them believe the earth is much older than it is. So these scientists aren't necessarily in on it.
Something like this?
devil.450.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's all very simple really.....if one can "see" it. This physical creation, including mankind, is terribly FLAWED...
And it all, including mankind, was created this way intentionally, by an inferior (flawed) "god"....that is "jealous" by his own admission...

And jealous most of all of us......YOU and me. Because he knows that we, us, the "Spirit" that is who and what we really are...
are superior to him. So long ago he trapped us in this monkey suit, and keeps us here in this hell hole so he can lord it over us.

The greatest "conspiracy" in the history of human civilization is HIDDEN from us, right in front of our faces...
because the greatest conspiracy in the history of human civilization......IS HUMAN CIVILIZATON.
That's quite a twist to the plot.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have heard of "drunk dialing" but what is Trunk Dialing?

In the old days, the main telephone lines between cities were called trunks. Being able to tap into those lines was trunk dialing.

Not to be confused with drunk dialing, which still happens on modern equipment.

ecco

Veteran Member
What we learn in very early childhood is deeply ingrained in our brain.

I was born and raised in America, just outside of New York City and then a little way upstate. I was raised bi-lingually. English with my parents and the general world, German with my grandparents with whom I spent a lot of time.

In my 30's I was at a party where there were a few people from Germany among the native Americans. Since I hadn't used it in many years, I thought to test out my German and started talking with them in German. After a bit of exchange, one of them asked where I was born and was quite surprised to learn that I was born and raised in America. From my "regional accent," he had deduced that I was from the Berlin area.

Not only had I learned conversational German at the same time as I learned English, I learned to speak German the same regional accent as my Grandparents.

Very young children are taken to church. Very young children are taught to say their prayers. In some households, this is done much more than others. Even as children grow older, no one ever tells them that god, like Santa, is just make-believe. Most religious people believe in the same god as their parents do. Most religious people practice the same religion that their parents do.

To the non-atheists, if you can't understand how a YEC could be a YEC, ask yourself why you still believe in god. The answers are the same. Just the degree of indoctrination is different.

To the now atheists who went through a process of conversion from belief in a god to acceptance of reality, the difficulty of the process was probably part directly related to how you were raised.

WhyIsThatSo

What we learn in very early childhood is deeply ingrained in our brain.

I was born and raised in America, just outside of New York City and then a little way upstate. I was raised bi-lingually. English with my parents and the general world, German with my grandparents with whom I spent a lot of time.

In my 30's I was at a party where there were a few people from Germany among the native Americans. Since I hadn't used it in many years, I thought to test out my German and started talking with them in German. After a bit of exchange, one of them asked where I was born and was quite surprised to learn that I was born and raised in America. From my "regional accent," he had deduced that I was from the Berlin area.

Not only had I learned conversational German at the same time as I learned English, I learned to speak German the same regional accent as my Grandparents.

Very young children are taken to church. Very young children are taught to say their prayers. In some households, this is done much more than others. Even as children grow older, no one ever tells them that god, like Santa, is just make-believe. Most religious people believe in the same god as their parents do. Most religious people practice the same religion that their parents do.

To the non-atheists, if you can't understand how a YEC could be a YEC, ask yourself why you still believe in god. The answers are the same. Just the degree of indoctrination is different.

To the now atheists who went through a process of conversion from belief in a god to acceptance of reality, the difficulty of the process was probably part directly related to how you were raised.

Anyone can be indoctrinated into any kind of belief system at an early age. Much like learning to speak another language like German,
and yes, even "christianese".
But TRUE spirituality has absolutely nothing to do with how one is raised.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have seen countless claims of the ability of Satan to create a distorted reality so realistic that it cannot be discerned from "true" reality. If Satan is so powerful and capable, how can anyone tell what is real and what is false? How would I know that those claiming to be messengers of God, posting pages of scripture and libraries of videos, are not agents of Satan themselves?

Following the logic and claims of some, there is no way we could know anything.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Many have hinted at the "Satan hid the bones / confused the scientists" argument but nobody really made that argument. So let's assume a YEC making it. I'd agree that that isn't a conspiracy theory. But ...
In order to make the argument one needs to believe to have knowledge that all the confused scientists don't have and can't understand (Satan exists and has the power to hide the bones and in fact did so). I'd call that "a serious case of superiority complex" which is a limiting factor in the original thesis.

WhyIsThatSo

I have seen countless claims of the ability of Satan to create a distorted reality so realistic that it cannot be discerned from "true" reality. If Satan is so powerful and capable, how can anyone tell what is real and what is false? How would I know that those claiming to be messengers of God, posting pages of scripture and libraries of videos, are not agents of Satan themselves?

Following the logic and claims of some, there is no way we could know anything.

Everything will become clear to you when you get to the point that you realize how badly this world has deceived you.
When you come to understand that the "Satan" (Adversary) you acknowledge exist is in fact and in truth...
"THE GOD OF THIS WORLD", just as your Bible states.

This world , this universe, was created by him, it belongs to him. He created your body, it belongs to him as well.
But "you" are not your body. And this world is not yours. Again, all this is in your bible .

WhyIsThatSo

And all over the world young children are indoctrinated into the religious beliefs of their parents.

What is true spirituality? Do you possess true spirituality?

True spirituality is being led by the True Spirit, and not the counterfeit one.
yes

WhyIsThatSo

Ah. The TRUE spirit.
Ah. You have TRUE spirituality.

It must be a wonderful feeling being of the chosen few.

Oh, it is.….a very wonderful feeling indeed.
You should try it sometime. Oh, that's right, you will...
when your time comes.

dad

Undefeated
I'm recycling an other OP I made on an other forum where the above thesis was generally accepted, even by YEC. But in good scientific manner, an experiment has to be repeatable. So my challenge is: show how someone, with an at least average education about the facts and sans a serious case of superiority complex, can believe in YEC without also believing in a grand conspiracy.

The conspiracy does not need to involve very many humans. Dark inspiration from the pit would be considered a conspiracy. Those few Satanists or possessed people or willing liars who push the agenda would be a conspiracy. But probably not the average duped so called scientist that worked in the origins game.