• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These Vaccines Work Really Well

ecco

Veteran Member
I also don't believe it's just not wearing mask and people not social distancing. The vast majority are

Perhaps you only watch Fox. I see people crowding bars and restaurants - without masks.

so gut feelings aren't science or god or anything, but it is what it is.
It seems you are the one relying on gut feelings and wanting to ignore science. To bolster your gut feelings, you also try to deny the body counts - in the US and around the world.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OK, fair enough, I should have said chemical drugs, which is how the term is commonly used.
I really think we need to quit trying to make it so drugs aren't drugs. And most drugs used are chemicals. We don't much chew on willow bark these days.
Drugs are drugs. We shouldn't even have this idea of "drugs and alcohol." Alcohol too is a drug, with the only separating characteristic being alcohol is socially accepted and it's periodic and occasional abuse is tolerated and accepted.

ecco

Veteran Member
It's not a plague and not a gas. It doesn't kill you on site and most people survive it because it depends on their health, pre-existing illness, how they were exposed, and other factors (just as any other condition).

It has killed 530,000 Americans, thus far. The Civil War killed 618,000. Not everyone who was in the Civil War died. Not everyone who was in the Civil War died immediately. Some COVID patients die within days. Some last for months on respirators. All are equally dead.

If it were THAT contagious, believe me, we wouldn't be wearing masks

It is spread through the air. If everyone wore proper masks properly, the rate of infection would be drastically reduced. In many parts of the world, people do get restricted to staying in their homes because idiot people cannot be trusted to wear masks and properly social distance. One big cause of that is our idiot ex-President and Governors like those of Texas and Florida thinking there is no need to enforce public mask wearing. Scientists say wearing masks and social distancing is imperative. You believe the idiot Governors and disdain the science.

A lot of people who have medical conditions like myself (I would think) have a good idea what works well for them and what does not. Especially with a lot of us who've had long term chronic illnesses.

How can you know what works well for you in regard to COVID when you obviously don't even understand what it is and how it is spread?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Perhaps you only watch Fox. I see people crowding bars and restaurants - without masks.

Fox knows every person in the US? The news isn't "God." The majority of people wear masks regardless their opinions about it.

It seems you are the one relying on gut feelings and wanting to ignore science. To bolster your gut feelings, you also try to deny the body counts - in the US and around the world.

Please. Please. Please read my posts.

This is a total lie. Please read my posts don't scan.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How can you know what works well for you in regard to COVID when you obviously don't even understand what it is and how it is spread?

I'll read the rest a bit later. This is a huge assumption. I did since the beginning (rather). It's best to be educated in this so I know how it spreads, if am in danger, stuff like that. Dont make this an argument. Opinions are just that.

Edit

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
If someone "did" have COVID or... then yes, I agree take the vaccine.

If someone already had a mild case of COVID are resistant to getting reinfected for a period of months. These people don't need a shot as much as those who have not had it.

However, I disagree that every person should take it "just in case" they may be asymptomatic.

You are really showing your ignorance of the basics of COVID and vaccines in general.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If someone already had a mild case of COVID are resistant to getting reinfected for a period of months. These people don't need a shot as much as those who have not had it.

You are really showing your ignorance of the basics of COVID and vaccines in general.

I was pretty calm about this conversation. Please stop making assumptions and read my posts. I don't mind you disagreeing but at least read the posts first so I know what you're referring to since you're making more accusations than you are discussing the topic.

ecco

Veteran Member
People who don't get vaccinated put other people at risk. We have already learned that this virus mutates. The more people it can infect, the more mutations it can make. Vaccinated people lower the possibility of more mutations. Is that so hard to understand?
They don't put others at risk Unless they are asymptomatic or have the illness.

Again, you are showing your ignorance.

Two people who do not have COVID...
Abel takes the vaccine.
Cain does not take the vaccine.

Both go to a party where someone has COVID. Abel does not get infected. Cain gets infected. Both go to a party. Cain infects other people. Abel infects no one.
Tens of thousands of infected Cain's allow the virus to mutate and become more resistant to current vaccines.
Tens of thousands of infected Cain's put a drain on the health care system.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Abel takes the vaccine.

Both go to a party where someone has COVID. Abel does not get infected. Cain gets infected. Both go to a party. Cain infects other people. Abel infects no one.
Tens of thousands of infected Cain's allow the virus to mutate and become more resistant to current vaccines.

Please read my posts. Don't scan.

ecco

Veteran Member
Like the AIDs example that was brought up. You can't catch AIDs from not having a condom but if one of you two has HIV, then you can spread it. If you don't, it can't spread. Transmission from person to person rather than coming out of the middle of no where. COVID is transmitted from person to person. So, some people it makes more sense to take the vaccine and others it does not. But you can't put someone at risk for a possibility.

AIDS is nothing like COVID.
I could go to a restaurant and sit next to a table with people who have AIDS. I would not get AIDS.
I could go to a restaurant and sit next to a table with people who have COVID. I could get COVID.

Why can't you see and understand the difference?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I could go to a restaurant and sit next to a table with people who have AIDS. I would not get AIDS.
I could go to a restaurant and sit next to a table with people who have COVID. I could get COVID.

ecco

Veteran Member
It's unethical for any doctor to push any treatment on someone unless they are in a life and death position

Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people that it is important for their children to get vaccinated against Polio?
Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people that it is important for their children to get vaccinated against measels?
Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people travelling to certain parts of Africa to get vaccinated for tuberculosis?

So, science in this vaccine thing is part of the point but at the end its up to the person since majority of us don't have COVID and not taking care of people who have it.

Sigh. Please get an understanding of how COVID is spread before making more silly posts.

If you're out in the middle of no where, I'd think it's unnecessary to get a vaccine.

If you're out in the middle of nowhere, there is no one to give you the shots. Do you have a point?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people that it is important for their children to get vaccinated against Polio?
Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people that it is important for their children to get vaccinated against measels?
Do you believe it's unethical for members of the medical profession to tell people travelling to certain parts of Africa to get vaccinated for tuberculosis?

Sigh. Please get an understanding of how COVID is spread before making more silly posts.

If you're out in the middle of nowhere, there is no one to give you the shots. Do you have a point?

Please read my posts. I don't take accusation posts seriously. They have no points and ruin the authenticity of your points.

ecco

Veteran Member
The majority of people wear masks regardless their opinions about it.

That is partially correct...
00virus-springbreak-top-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Some of these kids will go home to live with their parents. Their parents may wear masks in public but not in their homes.

I personally know six people who work in companies where masks are not worn.

Twenty nine million Americans had/have COVID. That's around ten percent.

ecco

Veteran Member
Please read my posts.

I do.

I don't take accusation posts seriously.

Why do you take my questions to be accusations?

They have no points and ruin the authenticity of your points.

Try answering them. Then you will see the point.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is partially correct...
00virus-springbreak-top-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Some of these kids will go home to live with their parents. Their parents may wear masks in public but not in their homes.

I personally know six people who work in companies where masks are not worn.

Twenty nine million Americans had/have COVID. That's around ten percent.

My posts are long so scanning is natural. Though, you're accusing me of something that's 100% not true (literally). This is not an opinion but very black and white. It's hard to reply to your posts or clarify what you may have gotten wrong through accusations.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why do you take my questions to be accusations?

Your posts started fine and then went into a heated argument or something. It threw me off. I can quote all what you said, but you may misinterpret it as an argument. But it's literally a black and white thing. I write long posts (I try to keep it short) and forget to break them up.

Maybe sum up all your posts in a more informative way. It doesn't mean I have to agree with all you say but at least it would be clear.

ecco

Veteran Member
I was pretty calm about this conversation. Please stop making assumptions and read my posts. I don't mind you disagreeing but at least read the posts first so I know what you're referring to since you're making more accusations than you are discussing the topic.

How can you suggest I am not reading your posts when I am quoting them and responding to what you wrote?

ecco

Veteran Member
They don't put others at risk Unless they are asymptomatic or have the illness. You can't affect person with a "possible" risk.

Abel takes the vaccine.

I read your post. I quoted your post. I responded to your post.

ecco

Veteran Member
Like the AIDs example that was brought up. You can't catch AIDs from not having a condom but if one of you two has HIV, then you can spread it. If you don't, it can't spread. Transmission from person to person rather than coming out of the middle of no where. COVID is transmitted from person to person. So, some people it makes more sense to take the vaccine and others it does not. But you can't put someone at risk for a possibility.

I read your post. I quoted your post. I responded to your post.