• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These times are no good: the human race is rotten

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am age 55. I am American-born. I served in the army last century. I was raised in middle-to-upper-middle-class communities in coastal northern California. America used to look much more attractive last century. People used to look much more attractive last century. The western free world looked much more attractive last century. There was much less litter in the streets. Infrastructures were nicely kept. People had manners. People were well-dressed. Men were clean-shaven. Beards were the exception and not the rule. Men in business including car salesmen and grocery clerks wore clean shirts and ties. People spoke better English and presented themselves as educated and not dumbed-down. Women were feminine and beautiful and nicely dressed like ladies. People didn't dress like homeless bums as a fashion statement. Stores and restaurants were often very clean and given constant janitorial attention. I worked at a Burger King in 1985. We had to shine the brass railings around the tables in the dining room to perfection with brass polish. Males had to be clean-shaven and clean-cut. No visible tatts were allowed. Management wore clean shirts and ties. Not a spot of squalor in the restaurant would be permitted. Floors were constantly swept and mopped and tables were constantly wiped down with clean, hot soapy towels.

Nowadays people are largely lazy, stupid and uncaring. People look barbaric, like savages, in their decorum and demeanor. People look and act like disgusting pigs. Most consumer manufactured goods are rotten crap made in China sans longevity. Pride in workmanship is long dead. America largely looks ghetto-ish and third-world-like on the surface. Whatever happened to one nation under God? Whatever happened to America the Beautiful? Whatever happened to green well-mown lawns in front of houses that lacked any sign of indoor furniture outside?

Corporate greed was limited back then. Mom and pops flourished back then. The middle class was the norm and not the exception.

Good people make a good world. Rotten people make a rotten world.
I do agree that the past was better in many areas :) I was only a Child in 1985, but i still remember many of the things you describe here. And today a lot of things are more or less garbage compared to earlier times.
Take art as an example, today people pay millions for a canvas with splattered painting. and they praise it as a masterpiece only to discover it was made by an ape (yes an actually ape).
People does seem to value the "wrong" things today. in my humble view

amorphous_constellation

couple of old coots from the woods

So that explains it. All these people from that time period thought there own grandparents in the 1800's were completely off the handle with there giant forked beards, and infinite mustaches. Their hairstyles actually leave any hippie or hipster completely in the dust. Of everything I've posted on the internet, my points to you were surely the most airtight points I've made, climaxing in the most caviler dismissal possible.