• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These people...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
You know those over dramatizations in infomercials where people are constantly fumbling over themselves trying to do the most basic tasks?

12ab4bfe1320f872036ed40b989199d6.gif

I want to imagine how these people manage to not die in some random way, let alone manage to live an ordinary life. Like... How do they not stab themselves in the eye while trying to eat with a fork? What would it look like to see these people mow their lawn, or go to an all you can eat buffet?

Viker

Häxan
You know those over dramatizations in infomercials where people are constantly fumbling over themselves trying to do the most basic tasks?

I want to imagine how these people manage to not die in some random way, let alone manage to live an ordinary life. Like... How do they not stab themselves in the eye while trying to eat with a fork? What would it look like to see these people mow their lawn, or go to an all you can eat buffet?
This is why I hire people to wash my car. I'm clumsy like that, too. :( Maybe I could be an infomercial actress?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Mate. Try multitasking whilst in heels and a “fancy night out” dress. Killer combo, trust me

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Mate. Try multitasking whilst in heels and a “fancy night out” dress. Killer combo, trust me

I once went whole hog Marilyn Manson to a dress up party. The long hair and feather boa were mildly annoying at the start of the night, and a down-right pain in the neck once I was drunk.
Kept smudging my damn make-up, too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yup. I don't do the heels because my shins are bowed and feet lopsided, but my ex went kersplat in hers on our first date as she was going to my car when I picked her up. And with crooked feet that's why I don't do heels, lol.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I once went whole hog Marilyn Manson to a dress up party. The long hair and feather boa were mildly annoying at the start of the night, and a down-right pain in the neck once I was drunk.
Kept smudging my damn make-up, too.

And now you know what it's like for 51% of the human race.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Yep....I have wondered about that too. Whenever I have stumbled across infomercials whilst channel surfing, I want to know why marketers infer that the average mentality of their viewers is about that of a 4 year old. Women can’t even dust or clean without the product that these people want to sell. Are they right though? Are their viewers really that stupid? :eek: What a scary thought!!!!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup. I don't do the heels because my shins are bowed and feet lopsided, but my ex went kersplat in hers on our first date as she was going to my car when I picked her up. And with crooked feet that's why I don't do heels, lol.
Ouch!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Yep....I have wondered about that too. Whenever I have stumbled across infomercials whilst channel surfing, I want to know why marketers infer that the average mentality of their viewers is about that of a 4 year old. Women can’t even dust or clean without the product that these people want to sell. Are they right though? Are their viewers really that stupid? :eek: What a scary thought!!!!

Well... If they didn't think it worked, they wouldn't utilize it as a marketing tactic. Same with companies paying millions to have their logo feces plastered in movies or catchy jingles in commercials that you will remember until the day you die. It's all about that money!

As a stark, bald faced reminder of just how prevalent this stuff is, here is George Carlin's advertising lullaby. I highly suggest everyone watch it, but it does have some foul language. That's kind of just the style George Carlin has, but meh. :D it's only about a 2 min watch, though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well... If they didn't think it worked, they wouldn't utilize it as a marketing tactic. Same with companies paying millions to have their logo feces plastered in movies or catchy jingles in commercials that you will remember until the day you die. It's all about that money!

As a stark, bald faced reminder of just how prevalent this stuff is, here is George Carlin's advertising lullaby. I highly suggest everyone watch it, but it does have some foul language. That's kind of just the style George Carlin has, but meh. :D it's only about a 2 min watch, though.

I sometimes say Jesus started raising me. George Carlin finished the job. True story, I knew a HUGE chunk of my humanities courses as an undergrad because of George Carlin.
(I discovered him not too long after I left the Church, through Kevin Smith movies. So he was my "male role model" for the latter years of my teens).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
And now you know what it's like for 51% of the human race.

Oooh...
At the risk of being a little too serious where it's unwarranted, this isn't true, and is kinda a first world assumption.

I lived in remote Papua New Guinea and most people walked around barefoot. Certainly no heels. Bras were a rarity. No makeup or hair care products (generally).

F1fan

Veteran Member
Isn't this the commercial where they were selling you a girl in a bikini to wash your car and doing a very acrobatic job of it, and .....

Sorry, I was just thinking about my car being all suds up. What were you saying?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oooh...
At the risk of being a little too serious where it's unwarranted, this isn't true, and is kinda a first world assumption.

I lived in remote Papua New Guinea and most people walked around barefoot. Certainly no heels. Bras were a rarity. No makeup or hair care products (generally).
YAY!!!! Someone else pointed it out, lmao. Guys sometimes have long hair and wear makeup. Just as some women have short hair and don't wear makeup.
It really is a first world perspective. And I think glam bands probably used more makeup than all the women and other men throughout history combined.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Not to be a downer, but my perspective on those infomercials changed significantly when I learned that a good majority of them are designed for disabled folk.