• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's no such thing as the "war on women"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Republicans in the Ohio state legislature, at the last minute the other night, snuck in ant-abortion language, rules and regulations in the state's budget. The only way now to strike it down is for the republican governor to "line item veto" the provisions. Some ("right to life") groups are feeling confident the measures will pass.

Great rebranding effort, Republicans!

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
They're all doing it..........

Pro-choice advocates respond to abortion propaganda bill « The Progressive Pulse

Anti-Choice Sex-Education Bill Passes the House, on route to the Governor’s Desk

This nonsense passed and it's what they want to teach our kids in the schools. This is a darn shame....:facepalm:

Edit: They don't have a transcript of the debates on this because a republican stopped the transcribing process on it.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2...-cause-of-pre-term-birth-gets-house-approval/

Rep. Martin is one of 44 state representatives who opposed the bill in what at some points was an emotional debate over privacy, health, the age appropriateness of the bill. and “bad personal choices,” according to some who witnessed it.*However, the transcript of the proceedings will not be available; although one lawmaker who opposed the bill requested the debate be transcribed, he was thwarted by another colleague who supported the bill.

This country is backsliding daily. One step forward and two steps backwards....

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"SB 132 would force teachers to tell students, starting in seventh grade, that abortion is a risk factor for pre-term delivery later in life. “This statement is utterly false. No respected medical authority has found evidence that links abortion care to later adverse effects on a woman’s reproductive health and fertility,” said Buckley. “Young people need facts about their health, not political propaganda.”

Forcing teachers to lie to their students shows how much you care about the student's welfare?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Sex Ed might be the most political subject taught in schools. When I was in school, they taught abstinence over awareness and that homosexuality was a matter of choice. Abortion was never even brought up as an option and they insisted that the majority of sexually active couples were married. Lol do I even have to say I was in a Christian school at the time? They swear education is the top priority in our schools, but legislation like this makes me believe the exact opposite...

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Sex Ed might be the most political subject taught in schools. When I was in school, they taught abstinence over awareness and that homosexuality was a matter of choice. Abortion was never even brought up as an option and they insisted that the majority of sexually active couples were married. Lol do I even have to say I was in a Christian school at the time? They swear education is the top priority in our schools, but legislation like this makes me believe the exact opposite...

Many of these people are actually against teaching sex-ed. They're against teaching the use and providing contraception to the youth. I work for a school system and we undertand that many children are sexually active at young ages and it's important to give them the facts about sex, pregnancy, desease etc..... but when you atempt to do this some parents cause an uproar and shuts the program down before it even starts.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Many of these people are actually against teaching sex-ed. They're against teaching the use and providing contraception to the youth. I work for a school system and we undertand that many children are sexually active at young ages and it's important to give them the facts about sex, pregnancy, desease etc..... but when you atempt to do this some parents cause an uproar and shuts the program down before it even starts.

That's both screwed up and tragic at the same time.

ZooGirl02

I am a woman and I completely and totally support the complete and total abolition of abortion. Abortion is murder and is intrinsically evil. There is absolutely nothing that can justify murdering an unborn baby. Anyone who brutally murders their unborn baby via abortion or assists them in doing so is committing a grave sin and is putting their eternal soul at risk of an eternity in Hell.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

It's horrible. :sad:

I've talked with plenty of parents over the years. Those who don't want their kids taking sex-ed in school because they want to be the ones who educate their kids on sex. Talking years later with their kids, all they heard was "don't do it until you're married." Unless they had parents who actually tried, and then it was the basics of reproduction on how a baby is conceived. Nothing about STD's. Nothing about orientation. Nothing about contraceptives. They're being given the notion that none of that is needed if they would just wait to get married to a person of the opposite sex.

As much as I gripe about the school district that one of our sons goes to, there is one thing they get right. Comprehensive sex education. Everything is covered. From awareness to orientation to contraception to masturbation to going over all the known myths and dispelling them one by one.

One of our other sons goes to a school district that doesn't have comprehensive sex education. Their teen pregnancy rate is through the roof. And let me tell you how often husband is talking with our son to be sure he's "not doing anything stupid"....according to husband. Not that he's trying to stop him. He'll be 18 in a few days. But he wants to be sure he's educated.

ZooGirl02

If that sexual education teaches that abortion is okay or that contraception is okay then it needs to be condemned and shut down. The only kind of sexual education that is justified is abstinence until marriage only sexual education.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If that sexual education teaches that abortion is okay or that contraception is okay then it needs to be condemned and shut down. The only kind of sexual education that is justified is abstinence until marriage only sexual education.

What statistics do you have to support your contention that abstinence-only education helps to reduce teen pregnancy and STD rates?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I am a woman and I completely and totally support the complete and total abolition of abortion. Abortion is murder and is intrinsically evil. There is absolutely nothing that can justify murdering an unborn baby. Anyone who brutally murders their unborn baby via abortion or assists them in doing so is committing a grave sin and is putting their eternal soul at risk of an eternity in Hell.
What about a medical emergency? That both mother and child/children would otherwise die unless there is an abortion which can at least save the mother.

What statistics do you have to support your contention that abstinence-only education helps to reduce teen pregnancy and STD rates?
There is a lot of evidence that practicing abstinence can reduce these.... but not much that suggests only teaching abstinence significantly increases the practice of abstinence.... It's an ideological position which is all well and good... except for it's abysmal results.

Last edited:

ZooGirl02

I don't base my beliefs on this issue on statistics. I base my beliefs on this issue on Truth. However, I can look up some statistics.

ZooGirl02

What about a medical emergency? That both mother and child/children would otherwise die unless there is an abortion which can at least save the mother.

There is a lot of evidence that practicing abstinence can reduce these.... but not much that suggests only teaching abstinence significantly increases the practice of abstinence.... It's an ideological position which is all well and good... except for it's abysmal results.

As I said, there is nothing on earth, NOTHING, that justifies murdering your unborn child via abortion.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I don't want anyone to die but abortion does cause people to die. Those people who die just so happen to be the unborn.
And sitting around and NOT aborting in some cases causes more people to die than would otherwise have occurred- as I said may be the case in some medical emergencies.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus

That's an extremely ignorant stance to take and has been proven to lead to more teen pregnancy and STDs than teaching about contraception as an option... More than a couple of the girls I went to middle school with were pregnant before we left middle school for that very reason.