• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's Fox News and then there's Fox News

tytlyf

Not Religious
One is a paid shill
The other is an actual newsperson

Both have the same script writers for their teleprompters. I'd be curious to know who writes the scripts for all their shows? Todd Starnes?

suncowiam

One is a paid shill
The other is an actual newsperson

Both have the same script writers for their teleprompters. I'd be curious to know who writes the scripts for all their shows? Todd Starnes?

And one apparently has a good relationship with Trump while the other is referred to as fake news by Trump.

I haven't named any names.

Ah... The world we live in today.

tytlyf

Not Religious
And one apparently has a good relationship with Trump while the other is referred to as fake news by Trump.

You can't help those people, decades of indoctrination and this is the result. Additionally, social media now is their news source. Perfect targets for people who want to dupe the public.

Phantasman

Shep brings more of a (fair and) balance, where Sean is mid/far right. I like Juan Williams and Cathy Areu as well. Fox has assembled a good group of Dems that brings more than just "hate Trump" talk, but debate the Dems views of the issues. Jessica Tarlov is another that debates Hannity well and holds her own.

I find CNN/MSNBC more of frustration, complaining and whining, over Fox's debating by both sides in real time.

I liked it when Hannity and Colmes were on. Two voices, two sides. As an Independent voter, I want both sides. The hate Trump/love Trump isn't as important as the hate country/love country.

suncowiam

Shep brings more of a (fair and) balance, where Sean is mid/far right. I like Juan Williams and Cathy Areu as well. Fox has assembled a good group of Dems that brings more than just "hate Trump" talk, but debate the Dems views of the issues. Jessica Tarlov is another that debates Hannity well and holds her own.

I find CNN/MSNBC more of frustration, complaining and whining, over Fox's debating by both sides in real time.

I liked it when Hannity and Colmes were on. Two voices, two sides. As an Independent voter, I want both sides. The hate Trump/love Trump isn't as important as the hate country/love country.

Has Sean Hannity ever criticised Trump? I'm not even sure if he's far right as you suggest. I just think he's completely biased and unreliable as a news source.

Phantasman

Good point. I like to watch what Trump says in real time, beginning to end, rather than snippits hours later with pundit evaluations (on either side). CNN/MSNBC has been a poor source ever since the "Trump doesn't stand a chance of winning the election" days. Rather than to say "we were wrong", they push to prove that they were correct. Hence, it must have been the Russians, heaven forbid we were wrong and didn't actually know the people.

And the beat goes on.

suncowiam

Good point. I like to watch what Trump says in real time, beginning to end, rather than snippits hours later with pundit evaluations (on either side). CNN/MSNBC has been a poor source ever since the "Trump doesn't stand a chance of winning the election" days. Rather than to say "we were wrong", they push to prove that they were correct. Hence, it must have been the Russians, heaven forbid we were wrong and didn't actually know the people.

And the beat goes on.

Honestly, I don't know how much of that was sarcasm.

If you do like to watch Trump real-time then I hope you are filtering and double checking his statements. It's already been proven that he's not the most honest president around. True news organizations report and criticize trying to adhere to facts. I can't say all do but that is what news should be doing. So maybe a mix of both by listening to the president and to the press would help with your overall view.

tytlyf

Not Religious

And the beat goes on.
Trump won the election by 77,000 votes. Do I think 77,000 people out of 100 million possibly changed their minds on voting day? Some people vote based on lies, that's dangerous

It's common sense the russians were able to change votes, otherwise they wouldn't go through the hassle

Phantasman

Honestly, I don't know how much of that was sarcasm.

If you do like to watch Trump real-time then I hope you are filtering and double checking his statements. It's already been proven that he's not the most honest president around. True news organizations report and criticize trying to adhere to facts. I can't say all do but that is what news should be doing. So maybe a mix of both by listening to the president and to the press would help with your overall view.
Which President has been honest in your opinion?

Phantasman

Trump won the election by 77,000 votes. Do I think 77,000 people out of 100 million possibly changed their minds on voting day? Some people vote based on lies, that's dangerous

It's common sense the russians were able to change votes, otherwise they wouldn't go through the hassle
We use the Electoral College to elect Presidents. Which of the "electors" were influenced by Russia to cast their vote for Trump? Which state was attacked by the Russians to go Red?

Why did Obama say it was almost impossible to think the election could be tampered with?

Anyone can get on social media to try to influence votes. The Russians as well as HuffPost, BBC, Facebook, whatever.

Grasping at straws here. He outplayed Hillary.

tytlyf

Not Religious
We use the Electoral College to elect Presidents. Which of the "electors" were influenced by Russia to cast their vote for Trump? Which state was attacked by the Russians to go Red?
Swing states found russia targeting conservatives and Bernie supporters. You know, states where the electoral college was close.

Why did Obama say it was almost impossible to think the election could be tampered with?
I'm sure he was referring to voting machines.
Anyone can get on social media to try to influence votes. The Russians as well as HuffPost, BBC, Facebook, whatever.
I don't remember a time in American history where a presidential candidate actually enlisted and encouraged the help of our enemies to win an election.
Grasping at straws here. He outplayed Hillary.
It's not a game. Enough people 'on the fence' were swayed by the propaganda attack and pulled the level for Don the Con.

That's all there is to it.

suncowiam

Which President has been honest in your opinion?

Obviously none. It is all relative.

You can ask me which presidents have been more honest... And I can give you a better answer.

[Edited] With this said, it supports the process of having extra reliable sources like news.

Has Sean Hannity ever criticised Trump? I'm not even sure if he's far right as you suggest. I just think he's completely biased and unreliable as a news source.

He's not a news source, just an entertainer/shill.

His position is that Dems are 100% wrong and Pubs 100% right 100% of the time. His positions frequently flip 180 degrees to maintain this. Assange and Russia have been recent examples.

suncowiam

He's not a news source, just an entertainer/shill.

His position is that Dems are 100% wrong and Pubs 100% right 100% of the time. His positions frequently flip 180 degrees to maintain this. Assange and Russia have been recent examples.

It's unfortunate that many people probably wouldn't agree with you.

tytlyf

Not Religious
It's unfortunate that many people probably wouldn't agree with you.
Most people dislike Fox and RW media outlets. People have an inherent sense to dislike liars. Hannity is a RW shill who reads a teleprompter. From the video, you can see he's a complete 180 from the truth. I doubt conservatives care. Very dangerous.

Phantasman

Swing states found russia targeting conservatives and Bernie supporters. You know, states where the electoral college was close.

I'm sure he was referring to voting machines.

I don't remember a time in American history where a presidential candidate actually enlisted and encouraged the help of our enemies to win an election.

It's not a game. Enough people 'on the fence' were swayed by the propaganda attack and pulled the level for Don the Con.

That's all there is to it.
Whatever. He won. He's President. And I am pleased with his performance. And THAT's all there is to it.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Whatever. He won. He's President. And I am pleased with his performance. And THAT's all there is to it.
Ya, but you're the one responsible. Not Donald. Donald is only responsible for conning you. The truth is important. Fact checking is important. Critical thinking is important.

People voting for a person based on lies is dangerous. It's a product of our failing education system that republicans like to see.