• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There isn't a single religion

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well, that wasn´t the case in 1973.
No, in 1973, the urban legend was alive and going strong. People actually believed it. I think it was in the eighties that it was at its witch hunt stage, when we had the McMartin preschool trial, and people unjustly convicted and thrown into jail for nonsense.

shmogie

You
No, in 1973, the urban legend was alive and going strong. People actually believed it. I think it was in the eighties that it was at its witch hunt stage, when we had the McMartin preschool trial, and people unjustly convicted and thrown into jail for nonsense.
Do you truly believe that there are not, for whatever reason, band together to support each other in a variety of perverse illegal activities ? Like child abuse, human trafficing, sex slaves etc. ?

Are you aware of the the ¨religion¨ that gangs like MS 13 practices ? I have seen their shrines

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You

Do you truly believe that there are not, for whatever reason, band together to support each other in a variety of perverse illegal activities ? Like child abuse, human trafficing, sex slaves etc. ?

Are you aware of the the ¨religion¨ that gangs like MS 13 practices ? I have seen their shrines
There is absolutely no evidence that child sacrifice and ritual sex abuse is going on. As for other illegal activities, I couldn't say. I would assume they are at least as guilty as the population at large, or at least that population which feels not bound to laws, in which case they would still take into consideration the penalties when one gets caught.

I have not studied MS 13's religious predilections. What makes you think that they are Satanists? Do you have good solid links to information about such shrines? Are they Santa Muerte shrines? (That would not be satanism, although it definitely is a dangerous cult.)

syo

Merely saying that you follow or believe in God/love doesn't magically make you a good person. Actions speak louder than words. It's all about how you live your life, and atheists don't need to prove anything to anyone.
In my opinion, all people should prove that they are not evil.

syo

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
Steven Weinberg 1999
cults and not religion.

syo

As an atheist i can honestly say that i am as moral, if not more so than many religious folk. And I am as capable of love as any other human being.

One does not need a god sitting on your shoulder to tell you what is good and evil, or who to love ore hate. All one needs is humanity and it is an insult to humanity in general to cherry pick who is or isnt a human being based solely on your personal faith.

Now consider the prison population of the usa. There are considerably more inmates of the christian faith than the average for the general population. For atheists the reverse is true. Which seems to indicate that in america at least atheists are less evil than christians.
true religious people aren't evil. the fake ones are in jail or they cause misery.

syo

So when a religious person tells you that they choose love, you automatically take their word for it, but when an atheist tells you the same thing, you question whether they're telling the truth?
No. A truly religious person isn't evil. the atheist have to give me reasons to believe they are not evil too.

syo

Why?
Example please.
Are you defining people who attack abortion clinics as cult members; Islam as a cult, what is your definition of a cult?
a cult preaches evil and it's dangerous. a cult is an organization that isn't dharma based.

syo

You think that telling people if they don't convert to the religion that God will send them to hell to be tortured for eternity in flames isn't evil? That's terrorism. I see no spiritual benefit to selling fear. It is the opposite of love. Fear creates hell.
this is christian priests preaching wrong.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
true religious people aren't evil. the fake ones are in jail or they cause misery.

You have statistical evidence to prove this?

Would you like to hear my several and personal experiences of just how evil true christians can be?

I do find it quite funny how many "true" christians are so quick to judge other christisans despite the bible telling you that true christians do not judge others