• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no Truth, and if there was you don't have it.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
None of you have the truth and you never will. The truth of the truth is that it doesn't exist, sorry but that is the honest truth. This is not solipsism, as solipsism recognizes at least one truth, the sad fact is when everyone claims they have the the truth then no one has the truth. The subjectively greedy want to suck up all the truth for themselves and in doing so have made it so no one can have truth anymore. If you want to have your truth back then everyone needs to share, sorry but that is the truth of it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The hard cold fact of the matter is "They" don't want you to have the truth, then "They" hope to become the next best thing.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
None of you have the truth and you never will. The truth of the truth is that it doesn't exist, sorry but that is the honest truth. This is not solipsism, as solipsism recognizes at least one truth, the sad fact is when everyone claims they have the the truth then no one has the truth. The subjectively greedy want to suck up all the truth for themselves and in doing so have made it so no one can have truth anymore. If you want to have your truth back then everyone needs to share, sorry but that is the truth of it.

I disagree, there is truth and it can be found but it becomes individualized by the seeker and therefore can not be explain to another. It not the truth that is different but the understanding of the individual

Similar things happen in our lives all the time. We we are adamantly defending or agreeing with another person only to relieve that our stance is wrong. We now have a new understanding of the person because we have a shared experience we can relate to.

With the Truth it tends to encompass all because of that no one will understand it the same way. If you spend the time to learn the truth from another person by matching shared experiences you might be able to do it but it will be another long journey so you need to make sure you like the person.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What a great truth you have just declared. :):rolleyes:

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I disagree, there is truth and it can be found but it becomes individualized by the seeker and therefore can not be explain to another. It not the truth that is different but the understanding of the individual

Similar things happen in our lives all the time. We we are adamantly defending or agreeing with another person only to relieve that our stance is wrong. We now have a new understanding of the person because we have a shared experience we can relate to.

With the Truth it tends to encompass all because of that no one will understand it the same way. If you spend the time to learn the truth from another person by matching shared experiences you might be able to do it but it will be another long journey so you need to make sure you like the person.

The moment you individualize it, it becomes a personal opinion. You may be wrong but you may be right. I may be crazy and you may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right. The truth does not belong to you, it is not yours, it belongs to us.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The moment you individualize it, it becomes a personal opinion. You may be wrong but you may be right. I may be crazy and you may be wrong for all I know, but you may be right. The truth does not belong to you, it is not yours, it belongs to us.

I have no problem with the Truth being considered a personal opinion. It is true I could never convey it to you. It is also true it is not mine but every ones. I could also be wrong but as of yet never seen anything to make it untrue, even your post.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I have no problem with the Truth being considered a personal opinion. It is true I could never convey it to you. It is also true it is not mine but every ones. I could also be wrong but as of yet never seen anything to make it untrue, even your post.

Listen to the Bullfrog, not only am I a good friend but I also have some mighty fine wine, the truth is to the world. To covet truth is an unwillingness to face the truth, and the tenth commandment does also declare, "You shall not covet."

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

How about things like the speed of light having a certain velocity? or Pi? things like that?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Listen to the Bullfrog, not only am I a good friend but I also have some mighty fine wine, the truth is to the world. To covet truth is an unwillingness to face the truth, and the tenth commandment does also declare, "You shall not covet."

Not at all to find the truth can only be done by openness.

The Truth itself revealed would never be coveted. In fact the truth itself is not that important, its the seeking that is the important part. It is the changes in the person that finds the truth that is important. The only way to find the truth is to be truthful and open. Truthful about your hangups, truthful about facts and open to new information. Its actually the journey that's the important part which is another reason why it can't be explained to another.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Now everyone tell the truth. . . .

:glomp:

Is this emoji suppose to be a surprise hug emoji, or a surprise butt sex emoji?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
You can be relatively confident than anyone who uses the word "truth," outside of the context of a casual colloquialism, probably doesn't understand what the word means, and probably has the furthest thing from the truth.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Just one more because I'm having fun.

The Truth,

Its like being in a bar with your best friend or lover and your debating over the beak of a bird and why it is curved a certain way. You finally reach the point where you make a bet, the next beer or a massage but a friendly wager. The truth revealed is that the bird you where fighting about doesn't have that type of beak. Your still going to get the next beer or someone will get the massage and your still going to be friends or lovers.

DavidFirth

You can have truth if and only if you have the Absolute. The Absolute is the truth and defines truth.

Without the Absolute you are correct, there is no real truth.