• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence that God Doesn't exist

God is love

Before Columbus sailed people thought there was nothing beyond those lands already found. He eventually bumped into South America.

Before Louis Pasteur invented a microscope people would look at a door knob and think nothing was there other than the door knob but today we know that if we touch a door knob in a public bathroom thousands of germs may be there.

We don't see the wind but we feel it and recently we have seen the effect of it's power in Louisianna.

Some have said "If there is a God, why doesn't He help the poor starving in poor countries? Why doesn't He send food? etc" Another person asked the same question to God in a prayer and the response He got was "Why don't you do something?" There are many needs in the world that could be met if people who have in abundance, (the Donald Trumps of the world}, would share what they have with those less fortunate.

There are those with diseases and people who are in research labs across the world that are trying to find cures. People have invented hearing aids and other things to improve the conditions of those disabled such as Louis Braille. Most that have wanted to invent something to help the disabled weren't disabled themselves. I believe they were moved with compassion and inspired. We all have intelligence to one degree or another but to invent or create something that hasn't had any precedent, there isn't anything like it {another invention} to build on it's concept, requires inspiration, an idea. It would require a higher intelligence beyond our own.

God is light 1 john 1.5, Christ shall give thee light, Eph 5.14 We are the children of light 1 Thes 5.5
The interpretation of light spoken in the bible is enlightenment or knowledge. we all have access to it if we are in tune to receive it. God has created brains {minds} as receptors like computers to receive inspiration.

joeboonda

I concur. The fool hath said in his heart there is no God. The Heavens declare the Glory of God. I don't even try to argue with people who don't believe in God, God has concluded them as fools and that's good enough for me.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Luckily, my goddesses have the understanding that everyone is walking the path that's best for them at this moment, even if that includes believing in no gods. They're compassionate enough not to declare people that don't believe in them as 'fools'. I don't even try to argue with people who've decided that theirs is the only path.

joeboonda

FeathersinHair said:
Luckily, my goddesses have the understanding that everyone is walking the path that's best for them at this moment, even if that includes believing in no gods. They're compassionate enough not to declare people that don't believe in them as 'fools'. I don't even try to argue with people who've decided that theirs is the only path.
Your arguement is with God, he said it, not me. Psalms 14:1 says the fool hath said in his heart there is no God. Take it up with him.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
God is love said:
Some have said "If there is a God, why doesn't He help the poor starving in poor countries? Why doesn't He send food? etc" Another person asked the same question to God in a prayer and the response He got was "Why don't you do something?"
So God lets others suffer out of either laziness or the vain hope that other people will take on the responsibility enough to ease the suffering in the world?

We all have intelligence to one degree or another but to invent or create something that hasn't had any precedent, there isn't anything like it {another invention} to build on it's concept, requires inspiration, an idea. It would require a higher intelligence beyond our own.
What has been invented that has not made use of or been inspired by previous technology?

God is light 1 john 1.5, Christ shall give thee light, Eph 5.14 We are the children of light 1 Thes 5.5
The interpretation of light spoken in the bible is enlightenment or knowledge. we all have access to it if we are in tune to receive it. God has created brains {minds} as receptors like computers to receive inspiration.
Where does this light come from? The sun? A flashlight?

God is not like germs or wind or hidden land masses. If he exists, it is only in the human mind and heart, and nothing we have can detect emotions and thoughts.

joeboonda

FeathersinHair said:
Anyway, I was a bit curt and I am sorry, didn't consider that non-christians would be on this post. But what is SO wrong for believing Jesus is the only way? If you were trapped in a collapsed and burning building and I knew the way out, and that the other ways were dead-ends, it would be wrong of me not to tell you. So if Jesus is the way, and I believe with all my heart and mind that he is, I am obligated to tell you, no matter what the backlash. I won't force you to believe it, but I am obligated to proclaim it to you, and that is all. Peace!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
joeboonda said:
I concur. The fool hath said in his heart there is no God. The Heavens declare the Glory of God. I don't even try to argue with people who don't believe in God, God has concluded them as fools and that's good enough for me.
Are you saying God is smug?

BTW, Should the title of this thread by changed to something else. There is already an active thread with a nearly identical title as this one.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
What is so wrong for not believing that and seeing other ways out? The burning building/lifeboat in an ocean scenarios don't work, simply because we can't see what's after life. It's like saying you know a way out of a burning building that you've never been in or out of before when there's nothing but black smoke everywhere.

joeboonda

I don't wanna debate, so sorry. I am simply convinced that Jesus is who he said he is, and that he paid for our sins, and that he is the only way. After a long spiritual search, that is the answer that I believe to be the truth. I will not tell you that you have to follow it, but I believe that He is the only way, that's all. He loved me and died for me and offered salvation as a totaly free gift, and when I look at my past attempts at earning salvation, or dismissing the issue, I accept his offer with joy and thanksgiving, for he loves me unconditionaly and died for me, and I feel in my studies, that this is true, that the story of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus is true, and He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and He is the only one I have found worthy of putting my trust and hope in. I can only tell you I believe this, and that is all I can do.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no evidence thet Mother Goose or the tooth faerie don't exist, either, but that is no cause to believe in them.

God is imagination. He is the product of our dreams of our wants for something better. For something like us, but better than us. God is us, Christ is us, Muhammad is us, buddha is us. The ability to love and show compassion is truth. Without these fundamental characteristics the human body is only a vessel for tyranny. Without love we are nothing.

joeboonda

Christ, Muhammad, and Budha taught the same on some things perhaps, but very differently on others. I cannot lump them all together quite like that, for there is truth and error to be sorted out.

Pah

Uber all member
joeboonda said:
Your arguement is with God, he said it, not me. Psalms 14:1 says the fool hath said in his heart there is no God. Take it up with him.
I think you don't understand something. If God does not exist (and some of us think he doesn't), the Psalms was writtten by man. We're only going to one of the live sources. There is no one else to clarify.

joshua3886

Great Purple Hippo
Yet supposedly God has all the money and power in the world and we never see him do anything. So does that make him more apathetic than Donald Trump and the rest of us? And if your God really cared if people believe in its existence then why does he go to such great lengths to conceal himself from the scientific community? As Galileo once said: your God gave us all this brain power and the ability to reason yet for some reason he wants us to abandon all of that in favor of sheer ignorance and blind faith. Even deep down you know this to be true, you would apply the scientific method to every other facet of life, but when it comes to the idea of YOUR God somehow it no longer applies.
"If Jesus could cure one blind man, why couldn't he cure blindness altogether?"