• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence of God

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think there is a lot of evidence for God. The cumulative evidence comes from the paranormal and the cumulative experiences and teachings of saints/mystics/gurus.

If you’re looking for God in science that can only study things within the range of the five senses and physical instruments, then any mystic can tell you that you’re bound for failure. Science only studies creation, not the creator which is the basis for creation.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well everyone, I have returned to Catholicism and that also includes all of my previous views.

That said, I still believe there is no scientific evidence of God. I'm not sure if there ever will be. Regardless, I do believe that God exists. I do believe that there are several good philosophical arguments for the existence of God but believe me, I don't know them well enough to explain them. Saint Thomas Aquinas had several good philosophical arguments for God's existence. I believe Saint Augustine of Hippo did as well. And finally, there is the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano which some may see as evidence of God's existence. Scientific tests were done on it and proved several things. You can learn more here:

Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano

Miracle of Lanciano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Physician Tells of Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano | ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome

Thank you ZooGirl2.....those three links were great.

That's just one of a large number of miracle stories I've heard in my day.

I'm very glad to know this story fortified your beliefs ( I say 'beliefs' and not 'faith' here as cynics try to equate 'faith' with 'blind faith' as if you don't have any evidence like this story).

Yerda

Veteran Member
That there is something rather than nothing and that it functions in such a way as to fashion increasing order from disorder can be seen as providing the basis for asserting preternatural agency as a reasonable inference.
That looks a bit circular.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think there is a lot of evidence for God. The cumulative evidence comes from the paranormal and the cumulative experiences and teachings of saints/mystics/gurus.

If you’re looking for God in science that can only study things within the range of the five senses and physical instruments, then any mystic can tell you that you’re bound for failure. Science only studies creation, not the creator which is the basis for creation.

Yet science would have you believe in the singularity.
and in this state......all is void.

And 'in the beginning................'

outhouse

Atheistically
Welcome to the thread:faint:

There is plenty of evidence for deities, people have worshipped then for as long as we have writing from different cultures stating what they believed in.

It doesnt mean the deities are real. But we do have evidence.

There factually is no scientific evidence for any of the different god's, nor the thousands created in the past.

Unfortunatly most evidence points to man creating deities after being born into cultures with pre existing beliefs of such.

Evidence also points to man making errors, and attributing nature to different deities that he was severely ignorant about.

Evidence also sadly point's to cultures not letting go of ancient mythology, in favor of mythology and the supernatural over credible science.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is plenty of evidence for deities, people have worshipped then for as long as we have writing from different cultures stating what they believed in.

It doesnt mean the deities are real. But we do have evidence.

There factually is no scientific evidence for any of the different god's, nor the thousands created in the past.

Unfortunatly most evidence points to man creating deities after being born into cultures with pre existing beliefs of such.

Evidence also points to man making errors, and attributing nature to different deities that he was severely ignorant about.

Evidence also sadly point's to cultures not letting go of ancient mythology, in favor of mythology and the supernatural over credible science.

More like Man woke up.
And over the centuries has refined his thinking about God.
Science now helps to support belief.
As soon as someone gets the equation right.....we will hear of it.

God particles?

outhouse

Atheistically
More like Man woke up.

Really, it is obvious many are still sleeping in willful ignorance.

And over the centuries has refined his thinking about God.

Maybe you could provide evidence of evolution of mans ever changing definition of deities that mirrror their changing cultural needs.

Science now helps to support belief.

How so.

As soon as someone gets the equation right.....we will hear of it.

The only thing scientist are working on is the ToE Theory of Everything. Because they dont know, doesnt mean you get to attribute your deity of choice and insert it in your lack of knowledge in this area.

So far every single thing science has discovered regarding nature, has lacked anything that can be attributed to any deity.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Really, it is obvious many are still sleeping in willful ignorance.

Granted!

Maybe you could provide evidence of evolution of mans ever changing definition of deities that mirrror their changing cultural needs.

Check any current science documentaries.
God gets an honorable mention nowadays.

The only thing scientist are working on is the ToE Theory of Everything. Because they dont know, doesnt mean you get to attribute your deity of choice and insert it in your lack of knowledge in this area.

So far every single thing science has discovered regarding nature, has lacked anything that can be attributed to any deity.

Expand your tv programming.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I'm not trying to be a d*. I have already seen half a dozen rant threads stating there is no god because of A,B, and C. Trying to provide an non-overflowed thread that has a civilized discussion of the theories and evidence of god. If there is something that is solid I would be more than willing to hear about it. So quit your s*:slap:.

Naw, I'm joking about you quitting your s*. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I look forward to debate.;)

Did these things solely cause you to convert? Were there other factors?

The thing is that there is evidence in God- there's just not any scientific evidence of God. I am not saying the evidence that I have will be accepted by everyone, by any means. I don't usually share my own personal evidence with anyone outside of my faith, however, because it opens up to ridicule (yes, I have been ridiculed about it by a couple of people but not here on the RF).
And I agree with others who have stated that God is not some magic "sky-daddy". As far as I know, he doesn't appear to have a physical body.