• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are two stronger arguments the PoE.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't disagree with what you said. I in fact empathize with you over this issue. I can't prove my faith is correct on these forums nor able to share my knowledge. I will write books though one day after I finish my degree (1 year left in Comp Sci), proving God, Day of judgment, Prophets, Messengers, and the Ahlulbayt forms that chosen ones are sent in (groups known as "the holy family" of the time) and also the details of the religion and code of conduct from rituals to everything else.

Until I prove my stance, I have no right to call to it. And this little display here and there, doesn't prove anything. And so to that I apologize for my lack of effort so far.

I'm retiring from religious calling type posts. No more. Either I write books that go all out and prove everything or nothing, but no more of this shallow religion talk I've been doing.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
One, the argument from divine hiddenness.
Second, is why God does not talk to us.

Both of these, are stronger arguments than PoE in my view and there explanations are harder to justify. Yet to me, there is an explanation to both, and actually, to explain PoE, you have to explain these two anyways.
God does talk to us.
First of all through the Bible, been through nature, then through preaching.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They are two arguments against God's existence. One is saying God would display himself in more clear way (like through miracles) if he wished to be known and would wish to be known if he was a God.
That's more of an argument that God is shy, or just not that into humans anymore.

The other is God would talk to us if existed and I don't mean through divine scripture but to all humans.
Well that doesn't mean a God doesn't exist, just that it is spending time with more advanced people like Vulcans. God gave humans a chance to get our **** together, we just can't do it.

lukethethird

unknown member
They are two arguments against God's existence. One is saying God would display himself in more clear way (like through miracles) if he wished to be known and would wish to be known if he was a God. The other is God would talk to us if existed and I don't mean through divine scripture but to all humans.
Another is that God is invisible.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Both of these, are stronger arguments than PoE in my view and there explanations are harder to justify. Yet to me, there is an explanation to both, and actually, to explain PoE, you have to explain these two anyways.

I would argue that these are the same argument: the second seems to be a microcosm of the first.

I think the purpose of the argument from divine hiddenness is a response to particular premises about gods (not unlike the PoE). So whether or not we use that argument or the PoE (or something else, like aseity-sovereignty) depends on what premises are being put up by the theist in question.

PoE - God chose the best of all optimal solutions. The optimum is impossible for a multivariate multifunctional problem - life and needs of many vs the capabilities of many.

Divine Hiddenness - Teleological arguments - cosmological constant is ridiculously small, the improbability of sentience in this universe, etc... . The anthropic inequality - we are exist when the cosmos is visible.

Why God does not talk to us - He does through the Messiah, Prophets, and the Scriptures.