• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No, Muslims don't worship any prophet. they follow their message.
Hence my clarifying to usage of the term as hero worship. That is almost incontestable in the relationship between Muslims and Muhammad.

In all honesty though Muslims claim to respect and follow all so-called "prophets" they do hold Muhammad to be above all other prophets. For example, in the Islamic pantheon, Jesus is 2nd to Muhammad, who is the Final prophet.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hence my clarifying to usage of the term as hero worship. That is almost incontestable in the relationship between Muslims and Muhammad.

In all honesty though Muslims claim to respect and follow all so-called "prophets" they do hold Muhammad to be above all other prophets. For example, in the Islamic pantheon, Jesus is 2nd to Muhammad, who is the Final prophet.

Not true, we'll follow Jesus exactly as we followed Muhammed and Muslims today are waiting for Jesus and not Muhammed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Not true, we'll follow Jesus exactly as we followed Muhammed and Muslims today are waiting for Jesus and not Muhammed.
That's not quite the whole story. Muslims follow the Islamic version of Jesus. That is simply not the same vision of Jesus promoted in the Christian world. Your vision of Jesus is the one presented by Muhammad. Back to my point though is that Muslims, to this day, emulate every action Muhammad made, echo his every thought. You don't see them doing that with even their version of Jesus to the same extent.

You know, stuff like this:

http://www.inquiryintoislam.com/2010/08/mohammad-is-ideal-example.html
http://www.iqrasense.com/quranic-tafsir/prophet-muhammad-was-sent-as-an-example.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover-islam/134292401-prophet-muhammed-example-mankind.html
http://islamawakened.com/quran/33/21/
http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=10532

etc... etc... etc... etc...

Last edited:

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
I'm saying what goes around comes around. Allah is just, right?

You are not saying anything useful..... sorry
I asked a clear question, I expect a clear answer not your own philosophy

Oh, how quickly Muslims forget when they are the perpetrators! They revile the "crusaders" but forget it was in response to Muslim aggression. (Islam means "peace"? Yeah, sure.)

It was in Bethlehem a few years ago when Muslims occupied a Christian church. But heaven forbid if there is even a false rumor that a Koran was flushed down a toilet! (Must of been one of those super-flushers I've seen advertised.)

Note: Why didn't Obama say why Jefferson had a Koran in his speech at a mosque? Because it wouldn't have gone over very well. (When asked why Tripoli pirates were attacking American ships and enslaving Americans, the Muslim ambassador explained that Muslims are commanded to do so by the Koran. It was a "know your enemy" sorta thing.)

Sorry, again. your words doesn't equal a dirt without an authentic reference

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's not quite the whole story. Muslims follow the Islamic version of Jesus. That is simply not the same vision of Jesus promoted in the Christian world. Your vision of Jesus is the one presented by Muhammad. Back to my point though is that Muslims, to this day, emulate every action Muhammad made, echo his every thought. You don't see them doing that with even their version of Jesus to the same extent.

Jesus is still Jesus the son of Mary, the message is submission to God, not to Muhammed and not to Jesus.
Messengers are just warners, you may follow their advice or rejecting it.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim

Well,,,,, no
that is not what the topic is all about. I hero worship my father, but that is not a worship...... sorry irrelevant

then what!!! what is the problem even if what you say is true!!!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well,,,,, no
that is not what the topic is all about. I hero worship my father, but that is not a worship...... sorry irrelevant
No, it's not irrelevant. To this day, all too many Muslims, all over the world, emulate every action and echo every thought attributed to Muhammad. That is serious hero worship. Most Muslims cannot even handle the idea of a minor insult towards their "prophet", the worship is so exaggerated. There really is no other example, in the annals of history, where people took another person so seriously.

then what!!! what is the problem even if what you say is true!!!
It proves Feargod's suggestion that Muslims follow all so-called "prophets". You don't. You follow only the Islamized version of the given "prophets" they neatly dovetail with the narrative promoted by Muhammad - that placed him above all others - by being the last or final "prophet".

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No, it's not irrelevant. To this day, all too many Muslims, all over the world, emulate every action and echo every thought attributed to Muhammad. That is serious hero worship. Most Muslims cannot even handle the idea of a minor insult towards their "prophet", the worship is so exaggerated. There really is no other example, in the annals of history, where people took another person so seriously.

To follow his example, that isn't worshipping, for example he took care about the orphans and it
is good if we can emulate him on this, to help the poor, to be justice, to clean our bodies in daily basis,
brushing our teeth several times a day ....etc

It proves Feargod's suggestion that Muslims follow all so-called "prophets". You don't. You follow only the Islamized version of the given "prophets" they neatly dovetail with the narrative promoted by Muhammad - that placed him above all others - by being the last or final "prophet".

Muslims believe that all prophets came with the same message and which is submission to God.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim

In that way, that means every single person has a hero to worship. but Muslims worship is serious and not kid's play like the others. isn't it a good thing to take what you believe in seriously!!

Note: However, I don't agree with the acts of some Muslims when the Prophet is insulted

Actually, We do follow all the Prophets. you can give examples on how We don't follow a certain prophet rather than guessing maybe.... Yes?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Please quote the religions that have claims to this effect in the scriptures they have from their founders with reason also mentioned in those scriptures.
Regards
Well of course there's Christianity, they believe there is no fault in their scriptures as much as you do, so can you respect that ?.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Well of course there's Christianity, they believe there is no fault in their scriptures as much as you do, so can you respect that ?.

Well, Which bible? what version? didn't you hear bible scholars say the Bible is corrupt!
why should We believe in it while they don't or they have not sure about it!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Well, Which bible? what version? didn't you hear bible scholars say the Bible is corrupt!
why should We believe in it while they don't or they have not sure about it!
So you believe your scriptures are the only true scriptures, I thought so, there is no hope in arguing with someone who's mind is already made up.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
So you believe your scriptures are the only true scriptures, I thought so, there is no hope in arguing with someone who's mind is already made up.

You asked a question and I answered.
this is not a daycare you know
Good day sir, I can't debate with a child

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Ha, how can I debate about something that isn't even true, and all based on a culture that made its own biased beliefs because it didn't like Jews or Christians. .

Then can you please tell me why you are here on debate forum!!!!
this is the 3rd time I attempt to debate with you but you chicken out

Good day Sir

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Then can you please tell me why you are here on debate forum!!!!
this is the 3rd time I attempt to debate with you but you chicken out

Good day Sir
Its also a forum for disccusion, I cannot debate something that is man made to suit its time, its hate for Jews and Christians.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Its also a forum for disccusion, I cannot debate something that is man made to suit its time, its hate for Jews and Christians.
It actually began as envy. Muhammad's inserting himself into the Christian and Judaic prophetic lineage(s) was a stroke of genius. That people actually fell for it is nothing short of miraculous. That people continue to be taken in is breathtaking.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
To follow his example, that isn't worshipping, for example he took care about the orphans and it
is good if we can emulate him on this, to help the poor, to be justice, to clean our bodies in daily basis,
brushing our teeth several times a day ....etc
At first glance this sounds wonderful but then it hit me how peculiar a thing this is to say. What I mean is that you needed someone to tell you to take care of others in need? You needed someone to tell you to have good personal hygiene? As a small child it didn't take long for my parents to make me understand that it was better to be clean and fresh and to help others who needed my help. To cite those as the best things your "prophet" taught is incomprehensible in this day and age.

Muslims believe that all prophets came with the same message and which is submission to God.
Of course you believe that. That is precisely what Muhammad's narrative said. From the few scant lines written about previous sages it is a bit much to claim to follow in their footsteps. It's not like they all left extensive writings.