• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

Shad

Veteran Member
I haven't read the links yet, but if what you're saying is true then that's pretty damning.

It is true. Alexander has been associated with a two horned ram for centuries. The Romances became part of Christian and Jewish theology but not part of the now canon scriptures. Alexander was created as a righteous monotheist icon, you can see this in the story I linked. It wasn't until the 16th century that people discovered he was a "dirty pagan polytheist". Christians and Jews stopped using the Romances, again since none were part of canon. However Islam included the story in canon. The only options are to acknowledge the incorrect folklore in the Quran or to produce horrible arguments using verses that refute the argument it supports or to make up fallacious arguments such as there is only one pass in the Caucasus mountain range as an ad hoc rescue. Nevermind the lowlands near the Black and Caspian Seas which could not be blocked. Keep in mind only Muslims even entertain the idea of Cyrus, academia in general doesn't at all. The only reason for this is due to Islamic theology with the need to defend literalism

Aquitaine

That's hereafter , you are free now :)
That would be like a dictator saying you are free to obey or disobey me today, but if you disobey then tomorrow you will be jailed and tortured.

It's primitive bullying using fear and threats: "obey me or be tortured".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There are no mistakes in Quran

For correct understanding of the verses of Quran, please read Post #426, it is relevant here also.
Regards

Reflex

I didn't say one is into idolatry. Did I? Please
Regards
You seem to be encouraging people to idolize the same book you do. All I'm saying is, "No thanks." From another book:

In olden times the fetish word of authority was a fear-inspiring doctrine, the most terrible of all tyrants which enslave men. A doctrinal fetish will lead mortal man to betray himself into the clutches of
bigotry, fanaticism, superstition, intolerance, and the most atrocious of barbarous cruelties. Modern respect for wisdom and truth is but the recent escape from the fetish-making tendency up to the higher levels of thinking and reasoning. Concerning the accumulated fetish writings which various religionists hold as sacred books, it is not only believed that what is in the book is true, but also that every truth is contained in the book. If one of these sacred books happens to speak of the earth as being flat, then, for long generations, otherwise sane men and women will refuse to accept positive evidence that the planet is round.​

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You seem to be encouraging people to idolize the same book you do. All I'm saying is, "No thanks." From another book:

In olden times the fetish word of authority was a fear-inspiring doctrine, the most terrible of all tyrants which enslave men. A doctrinal fetish will lead mortal man to betray himself into the clutches of
bigotry, fanaticism, superstition, intolerance, and the most atrocious of barbarous cruelties. Modern respect for wisdom and truth is but the recent escape from the fetish-making tendency up to the higher levels of thinking and reasoning. Concerning the accumulated fetish writings which various religionists hold as sacred books, it is not only believed that what is in the book is true, but also that every truth is contained in the book. If one of these sacred books happens to speak of the earth as being flat, then, for long generations, otherwise sane men and women will refuse to accept positive evidence that the planet is round.​
We don't worship Quran. So one's point is not valid.
Regards

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Then I can burn it or use its pages to wipe my butt without repercussions? Muslims have done that with the Bible without Jews or Christians taking to the streets.

What are you? 8 !!!
Why do you burn something if We don't worship it!!!
do you worship your house? so, I can burn it

Milton Platt

Asexual and other that we don't know is mentioned in the quran but the problem with the interpretation.

(36:36) سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْأَزْوَاجَ كُلَّهَا مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

الْأَزْوَاجَ : pairs
وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ : from themselves (asexual)
وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ : from unknown
No enough context in this to know what was even being described.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Doesn't every religion say there's no mistakes in their scriptures, well someone is lying lol.
Please quote the religions that have claims to this effect in the scriptures they have from their founders with reason also mentioned in those scriptures.
Regards

Shad

Veteran Member
Asexual and other that we don't know is mentioned in the quran but the problem with the interpretation.

(36:36) سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْأَزْوَاجَ كُلَّهَا مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

الْأَزْوَاجَ : pairs
وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ : from themselves (asexual)
وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ : from unknown

From themselves is still part of sexual reproduction not asexual. You have injected modern knowledge into your text which never suggested asexual reproduction as Mo didn't know about it at all.

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=36&verse=37

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
If you don't worship it, why not? Muslims had no problem with doing what I said with the Bible.

Are you saying it is ok to do it regardless or (Why?) isn't this childish!
it is ok to do it because Muslims do it (Are Muslims your idols?)

and how did Muslims do it

Note: there are 3 questions

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Note: there are 3 questions
Muslims do worship Muhammad, but not in the ordinary sense of the word, more in the sense of hero worship. Likewise, Muslims do not outright worship the Qur'an, but given that it is supposedly authored by your angry god, there is an element of worship - through utter reverence - to the text that would be disingenuous to ignore. In effect, the Qur'an, Muhammad and Allah form the Islamic trinity as each is dependent on the other in a weird authoritarian sharing game.

Reflex

I'm saying what goes around comes around. Allah is just, right?

Oh, how quickly Muslims forget when they are the perpetrators! They revile the "crusaders" but forget it was in response to Muslim aggression. (Islam means "peace"? Yeah, sure.)

It was in Bethlehem a few years ago when Muslims occupied a Christian church. But heaven forbid if there is even a false rumor that a Koran was flushed down a toilet! (Must of been one of those super-flushers I've seen advertised.)

Note: Why didn't Obama say why Jefferson had a Koran in his speech at a mosque? Because it wouldn't have gone over very well. (When asked why Tripoli pirates were attacking American ships and enslaving Americans, the Muslim ambassador explained that Muslims are commanded to do so by the Koran. It was a "know your enemy" sorta thing.)

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Muslims do worship Muhammad, but not in the ordinary sense of the word, more in the sense of hero worship. Likewise, Muslims do not outright worship the Qur'an, but given that it is supposedly authored by your angry god, there is an element of worship - through utter reverence - to the text that would be disingenuous to ignore. In effect, the Qur'an, Muhammad and Allah form the Islamic trinity as each is dependent on the other in a weird authoritarian sharing game.

No, Muslims don't worship any prophet. they follow their message.