• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It certainly is god's problem if it fails to convince humans and fails to correctly transmit its intentions clearly to a sceptical audience.
If humans are rebellions and don't listen to His messages , and arrogant... so definitly that not His problem .

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
That cannot be the case. If that was the case then all muslims would belong to the same "sect", and there wouldn't be different branches of Islam.
You also wouldn't need scholars to analyze the Koran.
A book, written in a flexible human language prone to misinterpretation is one of the least effective methods that I could imagine, if I were a God I could've used countless better methods to preserve and spread my intentions to humanity.

Yet here we are, all these gods, all these religions, all using the same old-fashioned and ineffective method: "holy books".

You can give me some specific examples where different opinions make difference in the way we live and interact.
Quran is clear for most parts.

Aquitaine

You can give me some specific examples where different opinions make difference in the way we live and interact.
Quran is clear for most parts.
The Sunni vs Shia divide, or the fact that there are countless different interpretations to any of these "holy texts".

Aquitaine

If humans are rebellions and don't listen to His messages , and arrogant... so definitly that not His problem .
Is the disbeliever arrogant, whilst the believer is loyal?
Or is the disbeliever sceptical, whilst the believer is gullible?

Tell me, rebellious arrogant disbeliever - why do you disbelieve in Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism/Buddhism/Taoism/Greek Mythology/Norse Mythology/Paganism/Satanism/Scientology and the hundreds if not thousands of other religions that have existed throughout human history?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Is the disbeliever arrogant, whilst the believer is loyal?
Or is the disbeliever sceptical, whilst the believer is gullible?

Tell me, rebellious arrogant disbeliever - why do you disbelieve in Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism/Buddhism/Taoism/Greek Mythology/Norse Mythology/Paganism/Satanism/Scientology and the hundreds if not thousands of other religions that have existed throughout human history?
God knows best :)

I mean up to God to analyse who arrogant , and who just misleaded ., and who ignored His message .

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
The Sunni vs Shia divide, or the fact that there are countless different interpretations to any of these "holy texts".

but they don't have any disputes or differences in the interpretation of the Quran. as I said, specific examples would be better so We can reach somewhere

Aquitaine

God knows best :)

I mean up to God to analyse who arrogant , and who just misleaded ., and who ignored His message .

But which God?
I find it kind of hypocritcal that you call me rebellious and arrogant, yet you yourself deny 99.9% of all other gods and faiths, except Islam.
It could turn out (assuming god is real) that you picked the wrong one, and will be labelled as a rebellious kuffar of the real god(s).

Aquitaine

but they don't have any disputes or differences in the interpretation of the Quran. as I said, specific examples would be better so We can reach somewhere
Different people interpret text differently. I don't need to provide specific examples because they're so ubiquitous: different muslims sects, "no true scotsman" muslims, different ways in which islamic countries interpret the Koran and apply it into their laws etc.

All text is subject to human interpretation. The Koran is no exception.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
But which God?
I find it kind of hypocritcal that you call me rebellious and arrogant, yet you yourself deny 99.9% of all other gods and faiths, except Islam.
It could turn out (assuming god is real) that you picked the wrong one, and will be labelled as a rebellious kuffar of the real god(s).

Edited typo error:

I don't recall I call you (personally) rebellious and arrogant ., for Him maybe .

I meant who receive His message (in His view , he/she is rebellious and arrogant)

Last edited:

Aquitaine

I recall I call you (personally) rebellious and arrogant ., for Him maybe .

I meant who receive His message (in His view , he/she is rebellious and arrogant)
Fair enough.
But that still doesn't change the fact that you yourself could be deemed rebellious and arrogant by the gods of different religions, and there have existed a lot of different religions over the years.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Different people interpret text differently. I don't need to provide specific examples because they're so ubiquitous: different muslims sects, "no true scotsman" muslims, different ways in which islamic countries interpret the Koran and apply it into their laws etc.

All text is subject to human interpretation. The Koran is no exception.

As I said on my firs post, the vague verses in the Quran don't affect us, We don't need to know what the exact meanings are. I agree with you that people interpret the Quran differently, and that has two senarios
1. They want things their way however the Quran is clear about it
2. They interpret things that don't matter

Well, if you can't give examples then you have no case to make

Aquitaine

As I said on my firs post, the vague verses in the Quran don't affect us, We don't need to know what the exact meanings are. I agree with you that people interpret the Quran differently, and that has two senarios
1. They want things their way however the Quran is clear about it
2. They interpret things that don't matter

Well, if you can't give examples then you have no case to make
Who are you to speak for all muslims, and what parts of the Koran muslims find vague, or that vague verses don't affect their lives?
All I'm saying is that the Koran, like any text is prone to subjective human interpretation. Along with the fact that trying to communicate intentions through early human languages is a poor method of trying to transmit a god's divine intentions.
How many different translations have their been?
How many different Shieks have argued for different interpretations?
Why so many different waring Islamic factions throughout history?
Why so many different Islamic countries which enforce their islamic-inspired laws so differently?

There is no doubt that humans interpret texts differently.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Who are you to speak for all muslims, and what parts of the Koran muslims find vague, or that vague verses don't affect their lives?

I am a Muslim who knows his religion and his holly book, I am not speaking on behalf of other Muslims, I am speaking about my book. stop this straw man argument

All I'm saying is that the Koran, like any text is prone to subjective human interpretation. Along with the fact that trying to communicate intentions through early human languages is a poor method of trying to transmit a god's divine intentions.
How many different translations have their been?
How many different Shieks have argued for different interpretations?
Why so many different waring Islamic factions throughout history?
Why so many different Islamic countries which enforce their islamic-inspired laws so differently?

There is no doubt that humans interpret texts differently.

I got what you mean. and what I am saying is, there are different interpretations of Women's fashion for example, it is ok to take any opinion really, there is no one wrong.
This is the only example you gave and I answered.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Fair enough.
But that still doesn't change the fact that you yourself could be deemed rebellious and arrogant by the gods of different religions, and there have existed a lot of different religions over the years.
Sorry there was typo error

I was trying to to tell you " I don't recall I called you"

I am talk about my belief , I don't care about others.

Aquitaine

Sorry there was typo error

I was trying to to tell you " I don't recall I called you"

I am talk about my belief , I don't care about others.
Okay, but how is your lack of care for other religions any different than my lack of care for Islam?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Even the guy in the video admits "the message" gets distorted and lost inbetween prophets.
That true the god message edited by human,that why He sent many messengers . that's why we the Muslims believe that Torah and Gospel corrupted.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Okay, but how is your lack of care for other religions any different than my lack of care for Islam?
That your own problem with God.

God said in Quran who want to believe let him believe, whom want to disbelieve let him disbelieve.

Aquitaine

I am a Muslim who knows his religion and his holly book, I am not speaking on behalf of other Muslims, I am speaking about my book. stop this straw man argument

Excuse me, but in your previous response you were saying "us" and "we", not "I" and "me", ergo it is only reasonable that I assumed your were talking about muslims in general, rather than just yourself.

I got what you mean. and what I am saying is, there are different interpretations of Women's fashion for example, it is ok to take any opinion really, there is no one wrong.
This is the only example you gave and I answered.
But when it comes to interpreting what some humans claim to be the "unalterable divine word of god" it certain does matter if you get it wrong or take a differing opinion.
How does this help a god who is trying to ensure maximum transmission of his will to humans?

Aquitaine

That true the god message edited by human,that why He sent many messengers . that's why we the Muslims believe that Torah and Gospel corrupted.

The fact that god has to continuously send messengers seems to me like his original idea of spreading his intentions was flawed.

That your own problem with God.

But you have the same problem with every other god but Allah. . .