• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

morphesium

Does the sun even set scientifically or rise?

Regards
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Believer Paarsurrey! talking against the words in Koran???? You will be burned in Hell. Your skin will be regrown after every 3 seconds (the Koran has proved your soul has skin) and then will burn you agian and again and again.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This argument fails since appearance contradicts the later verses More so this is not in the translation at all nor does it mean appear as or appearance, it is a literal meaning. Nakir doesn't know Arabic nor the Quran Lexicon.

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=18&verse=86#(18:86:1)

Nakir fooled you by attempting to change the word into wujida
I am curious if you know Arabic ?
there is no tafsir tells sun is set in earth,if you find bring it

Shad

Veteran Member
I am curious if you know Arabic ?
there is no tafsir tells sun is set in earth,if you find bring it

As requested

http://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/18/index.html#sdfootnote65sym

[84-88] We had established his power on the Earth and had provided him with every kind of ways and means. At first, he made preparations for an expedition (to the West and marched on) till he reached the limit where the sun set,63 and found it setting in black waters,64 and there he saw a people. We said to him, “O Zul-Qarnain! You have the power to punish them and also the option to treat them generously.”65 He said, “We will punish that one of them who will commit iniquity: then he shall be returned to his Lord and He will inflict on him a grievous torment: And as for the one, who will believe and do righteous deeds, there is a generous recompense and We will prescribe for him easy tasks.”

[89-91] Then he made preparations (for another expedition and marched on) till he reached the limit where the sun rose. There he saw the sun rising on a people, whom We had not given any shelter from sun shine.66 This was their condition and We know well whatever Zul-Qarnain possessed.

tafseer of Jalalayn

"Until he reached the setting place of the sun" "He found it setting in a muddy spring"

Godobeyer

Premium Member
As requested

http://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/18/index.html#sdfootnote65sym

[84-88] We had established his power on the Earth and had provided him with every kind of ways and means. At first, he made preparations for an expedition (to the West and marched on) till he reached the limit where the sun set,63 and found it setting in black waters,64 and there he saw a people. We said to him, “O Zul-Qarnain! You have the power to punish them and also the option to treat them generously.”65 He said, “We will punish that one of them who will commit iniquity: then he shall be returned to his Lord and He will inflict on him a grievous torment: And as for the one, who will believe and do righteous deeds, there is a generous recompense and We will prescribe for him easy tasks.”

[89-91] Then he made preparations (for another expedition and marched on) till he reached the limit where the sun rose. There he saw the sun rising on a people, whom We had not given any shelter from sun shine.66 This was their condition and We know well whatever Zul-Qarnain possessed.

tafseer of Jalalayn

"Until he reached the setting place of the sun" "He found it setting in a muddy spring"
That's absolutly missunderstood the meaning and scene .

God describ the moment when , he reach at sun set , he see that it's looks like set in water , so it's describ (moment) a big lake .

maxresdefault.jpg

Midnight Rain

True, when literal.
False, when allegorical. Such as a sweet mind won't mix with a bitter mind. Something new or different, not previously known won't mix with something old and preserved. In mind.
Both of these are false. New and old mix all the time. Bitter and sweet minds mix all the time. Salt and fresh water mix all the time. Even if it were an allegory why would the allegory be based on a false notion to begin with? Is it just a nonsensical saying that was rooted out of the language of the time of the writer based on limited knowledge of nature? Because thats what it sounds like.

Aquitaine

I see so much of this used by muslim apologists: "ah but it's a mistranslation", "ah but Arabic has 10 different meanings for every word" etc.

You know, considering the Koran is supposed to be the direct unquestionable word of god, god sure did present it in a language prone to frequent human misinterpretation. :rolleyes:

Hell why even use an old-fashioned method of broadcasting such as a book, why didn't god use its imagination and create a better way of transmitting its divine eternal intentions?
Even I, an unenlightened Kuffar can think of multiple ways that a god could better record and transmit its intentions to humanity.

Why're all these gods using books?

Aquitaine

For example. Please
Regards
I'm not getting dragged into yet another "Scientific Miracles/no error in Quran" debates.
Go look around using the Search feature on this website for the countless threads of the same nature that have been made on this site, every single one of them ends up refuted and highlighted with contradictions and errors in the Quran.

Seriously, go look. I've been in loads of them myself over the years.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I see so much of this used by muslim apologists: "ah but it's a mistranslation", "ah but Arabic has 10 different meanings for every word" etc.

You know, considering the Koran is supposed to be the direct unquestionable word of god, god sure did present it in a language prone to frequent human misinterpretation. :rolleyes:

Hell why even use an old-fashioned method of broadcasting such as a book, why didn't god use its imagination and create a better way of transmitting its divine eternal intentions?
Even I, an unenlightened Kuffar can think of multiple ways that a god could better record and transmit its intentions to humanity.

Why're all these gods using books?
Even English had 10 different meaning for some words .
May God will answser you to this question , but for sure it's may too late :)

Aquitaine

Even English had 10 different meaning for some words .
May God will answser you to this question , but for sure it's may too late :)
That's true, English can be vague sometimes. That is why I would laugh if someone told me that God had recorded its divine instructions in a book written in English. . . lol.

But seriously, the point has merit: why would divine universal truth (god) be communicated to humanity via muddy, vague human languages that are prone to human misinterpretation?

You know who would write a book (of all methods) in a human language and claim it was from god? A Human. ;)

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
That's true, English can be vague sometimes. That is why I would laugh if someone told me that God had recorded its divine instructions in a book written in English. . . lol.

But seriously, the point has merit: why would divine universal truth (god) be communicated to humanity via muddy, vague human languages that are prone to human misinterpretation?

You know who would write a book (of all methods) in a human language and claim it was from god? A Human. ;)

The Quran is clear as We needed to go on with life. there are parts that are not clear, but it doesn't really affect the way We live our lives, the way We interact with God,....etc. shortly, the vague parts are not really important for us

Aquitaine

The Quran is clear as We needed to go on with life. there are parts that are not clear, but it doesn't really affect the way We live our lives, the way We interact with God,....etc. shortly, the vague parts are not really important for us
That cannot be the case. If that was the case then all muslims would belong to the same "sect", and there wouldn't be different branches of Islam.
You also wouldn't need scholars to analyze the Koran.
A book, written in a flexible human language prone to misinterpretation is one of the least effective methods that I could imagine, if I were a God I could've used countless better methods to preserve and spread my intentions to humanity.

Yet here we are, all these gods, all these religions, all using the same old-fashioned and ineffective method: "holy books".

Shad

Veteran Member
That's absolutly missunderstood the meaning and scene .

God describ the moment when , he reach at sun set , he see that it's looks like set in water , so it's describ (moment) a big lake .

Irrelevant and against the lexicon, tasfir and hadith. There are Arabic words for large bodies of water beyond that of a spring or pool. The fact that these words are not used refutes your argument without any work required by me.

Peace be on you.

Please read the note 2124 of [18:87] --- same as your [18:86]
5VC1846.jpg

Ref: https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=1537&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

This supports my view, you didn't read your own reference. Also the verse is about Alexander not Cyrus as the verse in question is just rehashing a part of the Alexander Romance. The last part claiming it was a large body of water contradicts the early part about cleansing the water of the pool, commentary between 2124/2125. The commentary is a weak attempt at an ad hoc rescue since the commentator doesn't even know the source of the legend he/she is commenting upon. Dhul-Qarnayn is just the Quran version of Alexander. Anyone can look up the Romance in order to easily verify this. I suggest you do so.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member

That's not God problem that He send you a message throught langauges by human messangers you rejecting it .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Irrelevant and against the lexicon, tasfir and hadith. There are Arabic words for large bodies of water beyond that of a spring or pool. The fact that these words are not used refutes your argument without any work required by me.
How do you know it's against lexicon , since you are not profesor in Arabic language ?

btw
Quran is written by ancient Arabic language and different method than today.

Shad

Veteran Member
How do you know it's against lexicon , since you are not profesor in Arabic language ?

I already linked the lexicon. I looked it up hence that is how I know.

Quran is written by ancient Arabic language and different method than today.

Yes hence why Nakir's argument failed as he uses a modern meaning not ancient Arabic. He retrofits appearance from a verse about prayer into the verse under discussion.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I already linked the lexicon. I looked it up hence that is how I know.
Not enough

Yes hence why Nakir's argument failed as he uses a modern meaning not ancient Arabic. He retrofits appearance from a verse about prayer into the verse under discussion.
How you recognize that he used modern meaning not ancient Arabic ?

Nakir just quote what the others Mufasirn already explianed , he did creat new .

Aquitaine

That's not God problem that He send you a message throught langauges by human messangers you rejecting it .
It certainly is god's problem if it fails to convince humans and fails to correctly transmit its intentions clearly to a sceptical audience.