• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no errors in the Qur'an

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
The sun sets in a pool of muddy water, and Muhammad confirms it.
Oh, that one.

That was in the guys perspective.

Not once did it say the sun sets in a pool of muddy water.

Where did Muhammad confirm it?

Even if he did (which i doubt) this is not an error on the Qur'an.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is the translation of surah 18:a86

Yusuf Ali version

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water."

Pickthall:

"Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring"

And...

(3991) Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

Sunan Abu Dawud:

4002. It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: “I was riding behind the Messenger of Allah while he was on a donkey, and the sun was setting. He said: ‘Do you know where this (sun) sets?’ I said: ‘Allah and his Messenger know best.’ He said: ‘It sets in a spring of water'

Last edited:

Jabar

Here is the translation of surah 18:a86

Yusuf Ali version

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water."

And...

(3991) Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

Sunan Abu Dawud:

4002. It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: “I was riding behind the Messenger of Allah while he was on a donkey, and the sun was setting. He said: ‘Do you know where this (sun) sets?’ I said: ‘Allah and his Messenger know best.’ He said: ‘It sets in a spring of water'
I told you this was in Zulqarnains perspective, it is what he saw it as.

If i say that this student said 2+2= 5, does that mean i said it?

NO. Same way Zulqarnains perspective was like that. It appeared to him as though it set in a pool of muddy water.

Secondly, that is not the Qur'an.

The answer for that ''error'' in the Hadith is here: http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2012/09/weak-hadith-sun-spring-warm-water.html

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I told you this was in Zulqarnains perspective, it is what he saw it as.

If i say that this student said 2+2= 5, does that mean i said it?

NO. Same way Zulqarnains perspective was like that. It appeared to him as though it set in a pool of muddy water.

Secondly, that is not the Qur'an.

The answer for that ''error'' in the Hadith is here: http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2012/09/weak-hadith-sun-spring-warm-water.html
Sunnah.com says Sunan Abu Dwud is a collection of canonical ahadith. So try again.

Sunan Abi Dawud is a collection of hadith compiled by Imam Abu Dawud Sulayman ibn al-Ash'ath as-Sijistani (rahimahullah). It is widely considered to be among the six canonical collections of hadith (Kutub as-Sittah) of the Sunnah of the Prophet (ﷺ). It consists of 5274 ahadith in 43 books.

Also, no the verse isn't about perspective.
It says that Alexander found the place where the sun sets and a people lived there. This is pretty damn clear.

Whenever someone quotes a hadith that backs up nonsense in the Qur'an it's always 'weak hadith' :rolleyes:

Jabar

So tell me, are you actually going to admit that there are errors in the Qur'an like the one I pointed out, or are you just trolling and already have your mind made up?
Admit? I just showed you, they are not errors.

Do you know how to comprehend?

:)

Jabar

He's obviously made his mind up. Muslims have to believe the Quran is the perfect, inerrant word of Allah.
Haha. Well if it shows that it already is divine, then it is.

You are merely stating your beliefs.

You will not give me one error in the Qur'an.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
"He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs" Qur'an 86:6-7

Hahahahaha, Qur'an doesn't know what testicles are for. Thinks sperm comes from between backbone and ribs :D

"And at the Earth, how it is spread out?"
Qur'an 88:20

Flat earth!

And the earth, how it was laid out flat?, and thus infer from this the power of God, exalted be He, and His Oneness? The commencing with the [mention of] camels is because they are closer in contact with it [the earth] than any other [animal]. As for His words that, 'laid out flat', this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay'a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn

"He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels);[...]" Qur'an 20:53

"And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men's) habitations; Then to eat of all the fruits (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colors, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought." Qur'an 16:68-69

Bees eat fruit? Good one!

Want more?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Here is simply one inaccuracy found in the Quran;

Suras 16 :15 ; 21 :31 ; 31 :10 ; 78 :6-7 ; 88 :19 tell us that Allah threw down mountains on the earth like tent pegs to keep the earth from shaking - after the earth was formed. To early man this would sound logical, since mountains are large and therefore, their weight would have seemingly, a stabilizing effect on the earth. Yet we now know this logic to be quite inaccurate. Mountains were not formed and placed on the earth to render the earth's crust stable. In fact, the very existence of mountains is evidence of instability in the earth's crust, as they are found and pushed up by the colliding of tectonic plates.

Refute this . . .

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
And of every thing We have created pairs: That ye may receive instruction. Qur'an 51:49

Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge. Qur'an 36:36

Jabar

"He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs" Qur'an 86:6-7

Hahahahaha, Qur'an doesn't know what testicles are for :D

"And at the Earth, how it is spread out?"
Qur'an 88:20

And the earth, how it was laid out flat?, and thus infer from this the power of God, exalted be He, and His Oneness? The commencing with the [mention of] camels is because they are closer in contact with it [the earth] than any other [animal]. As for His words that, 'laid out flat', this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay'a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn

"He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels);[...]" Qur'an 20:53

"And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men's) habitations; Then to eat of all the fruits (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colors, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought." Qur'an 16:68-69

Bees eat fruit? Good one!

Want more?

Point 1. It is saying proceeding between the backbone and ribs. This is accurate. A common misconception made by people.

Seminal Vesicles are between the backbone and ribs. Qur'an never says sperm is PRODUCED in between backbone and ribs.

Point 2:

The Earth is spread out, it never says the earth is flat.

Point 3: Same thing as Point #2

Point 4:

This verse is not talking about bees actually eating fruits. It's directed at humans,stating "eat of the fruits" as a metaphor for "eat what you've been blessed with". It has nothing to do with a bee actually eating fruit.

[16:68-69]

And your Lord (Allah) revealed to the bees: Build your hives in mountains, trees and in what people build.

Then eat (for females) from every fruit and follow (for females) your Lord's enslaved paths, from their bellies (for females) exits drink of different colors, in it healing for man. These are signs for those who contemplate.