• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are around at least 107 English versions of the Bible

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Given the claim as to the Bibles divinely inspired and written narratives.

Why is there at least 107 versions written in English?

List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia

And even among the recent translations, how are divinely inspired people selected?

On top of it why are there no names mentioned even today as to whom those people are that came up with individual versions?

Last, since we see all these types of versions in existence today, why in the world would you think divinely inspired works were any different in ancient times upon which the 107 versions are based?

How is that even divinely inspired or considered as such?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

And even among the recent translations, how are divinely inspired people selected?

On top of it why are there no names mentioned even today as to whom those people are that came up with individual versions?

Last, since we see all these types of versions in existence today, why in the world would you think divinely inspired works were any different in ancient times upon which the 107 versions are based?

And I have them all except for a 104 of them...

Phantasman

The catholic canonized Bible was conceived in confusion and continues to create confusion. The gospel is mystery (Christs words and Pauls words), and is only revealed through by Holy Spirit by the spiritual seeker. It is a promise.

Marcion had the right idea of canon through his Bible. But the all in one religion created by orthodox created many corrupt weeds that strangle the seed of the Gospel message. I dropped the OT, Revelation, Hebrews and the epistles a long time ago, and zeroed in on the Gospel (all of them including none canon) and Paul (who taught the hidden knowledge aka gnosis) and found the confusion to cease on a great scale. The apex of knowledge for me is the gospel of John and Paul, though Luke is more informative than the other synoptics.

Christianity was a work in progress for 3 centuries, only to be tainted by mens greed for the power it was producing.

You have to sort through the dirty laundry to become truly amazed.

Hawkins

Because that's exactly the way how humans need to get to a truth. They are more 107 news papers for you to pick from to get to the truth of daily news. You simply choose the ones you think that the contents are credible. That's it. This is the nature of what human witnessing is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

And each one slightly (or grossly) different giving rise to over 50000 different sects claiming their interpretation is the "True" interpretation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And each one slightly (or grossly) different giving rise to over 50000 different sects claiming their interpretation is the "True" interpretation.
One of the reasons why numerous claims that God speaks and communicates, struck me as pure bulloks, givin the sheer inconsistency and confusion by which the Bible morphs and adjusts to each denominations criteria followed by differences in opinions and contested nuance's towards a scriptural compilation that's said to be divinely inspired. .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One of the reasons why numerous claims that God speaks and communicates, struck me as pure bulloks, givin the sheer inconsistency and confusion by which the Bible morphs and adjusts to each denominations criteria followed by differences in opinions and contested nuance's towards a scriptural compilation that's said to be divinely inspired. .

I agree, it's really quite astounding that some of the more fundamental groups say all the others will go to hell because they don't follow the groups interpretation.