• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There ain't no Jesus here.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Right. You also don't have to use the word "liquid" in connection with drinking.
For the same reason.
A holy spirit is not a material that can be anointed with.

'Drinking' or 'liquid ' does Not appear in the verses at 1 Kings 19:15-16.

God's spirit settled down upon those of Numbers 11:25; Numbers 11:29; Numbers 24:2

What did God's spirit do for Gideon at Judges 6:34 ?

So, true God's spirit is Not a liquid material substance, but a powerful force God uses - Psalms 143:10

SpeaksForTheTrees

I got one also:
Boged Rasha Asher Shemo Yeshua Toved.
Wicked traitor whose name is Jesus, will be destroyed.

Why, if you are "Jewish" would you have never thought to ask the most obvious and simple questions associated with your supposed faith? Why do you leave it to someone supposed to be a Gentile to examine, in a scientific way, the most obvious and simple questions related to the most obvious and transparent mythologems in human history?

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/grammar-judaism-and-the-history-of-human-development.185791/

rosends

But the text says "anoint to be king" which is only done with the anointing oil.
God's spirit settled down upon those of Numbers 11:25; Numbers 11:29; Numbers 24:2
But the text never says anything about anointing. God's spirit can do all sorts of things, but you have yet to show that it can anoint. That is done with oil.
So, true God's spirit is Not a liquid material substance, but a powerful force God uses - Psalms 143:10
Yes, just one that doesn't anoint, the way oil does.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I got one also:
Boged Rasha Asher Shemo Yeshua Toved.
Wicked traitor whose name is Jesus, will be destroyed.

My school teacher name from 7 - 10 years .
His name was Mr Fairchild (rip) he pay me special attention i always got best part in school play and lots of stars in class .
He taught me how to read the scripture I asked lots of questions which he answered truthfully now I understand.
Is 34 years ago , out with my dog earlier he came into my vision subjectively he pleased at my efforts.
Look up his surname I had Jewish primary school teacher .
He made emphasis on Thomas in Jesus story , is ok to doubt , so long as not mock.
My Jewish junior teacher taught me this 34 years ago in a Christian school
Only just come together as revelation as I looked up his surname .
I spent 34 years evolving his philosophy and I owe him a lot he was a good man .

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

But the text says "anoint to be king" which is only done with the anointing oil.

But the text never says anything about anointing. God's spirit can do all sorts of things, but you have yet to show that it can anoint. That is done with oil.

Yes, just one that doesn't anoint, the way oil does.

Some say the pen is more powerful than the sword . Is fact the word , pen of Yahweh more powerful than any sword .
If the moshiach is a warrior of the pen , and your expecting a warrior of the sword .
A pen not a sword , a warrior of the pen doesn't not need a sword 21st century , even though he skilled in war , maybe he understands the pen is more powerful.
That is unless you believe the sword is more powerful than the word ?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Yes, it was an analogy. Just like you don't need to say that what you were drinking was a liquid, because drinking means to consume a liquid, you also don't have to say that someone was anointed with oil, because anointing is done with oil.

Yes. Notice the verse doesn't say they were anointed with G-d's spirit.

What did God's spirit do for Gideon at Judges 6:34 ?
In context, it seems to have made him be able to blow the horn loud enough for people to gather.

And therefore not something that can be used for anointing.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Why, if you are "Jewish" would you have never thought to ask the most obvious and simple questions associated with your supposed faith? Why do you leave it to someone supposed to be a Gentile to examine, in a scientific way, the most obvious and simple questions related to the most obvious and transparent mythologems in human history?

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/grammar-judaism-and-the-history-of-human-development.185791/
I'm starting to notice a pattern where you say something and I don't understand it.
Consider adding a key ingredient to your future posts: information.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I'm starting to notice a pattern where you say something and I don't understand it.
Consider adding a key ingredient to your future posts: information.
Your book is sealed by a language I don't understand.
Translated into another language via men , scoundrals
The information I have is in my heart and no book.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Yahweh clumsy sometimes , he means no harm .
Sometime he may accidentally drop the book in heaven.
We call it earthquake .
However interpretation of the word now become so criticised/critical unevolved that even Yahweh fears to open.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Your book is sealed by a language I don't understand.
Isa 29:11-12 All vision has become to you like the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one who is educated, saying, “Read this, please;” and he says, “I can’t, for it is sealed;” (12) and the book is delivered to one who is not educated, saying, “Read this, please;” and he says, “I can’t read.”

You're not the only one, and even when someone comes along, and shows how to interpret it, people are so wrapped up in their commentaries, on commentaries, presupposition, on presupposition; they see, yet they don't understand, they hear, yet they don't feel. :innocent:

SpeaksForTheTrees

Isa 29:11-12 All vision has become to you like the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one who is educated, saying, “Read this, please;” and he says, “I can’t, for it is sealed;” (12) and the book is delivered to one who is not educated, saying, “Read this, please;” and he says, “I can’t read.”

You're not the only one, and even when someone comes along, and shows how to interpret it, people are so wrapped up in their commentaries, on commentaries, presupposition, on presupposition; they see, yet they don't understand, they hear, yet they don't feel. :innocent:
Maybe God only chooses phrophets with dyslexia ) And is why so much confusion lol
Yahweh words are inherant , Yahweh(God) is for all not just for those with a doctorate of the languages .
Jesus the son of a carpenter , like myself .
Although a carpenter that drives a Porsche , hehe

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

The prophets add up across time, it is to catch out those who don't inquire of God, and lean on man's understanding....

The confusion was intended; yet is discernible by those with an open heart. :heartbeat:
So for myself Isiah only add creates confusion .
I personally believe Yahweh not so critical which path we choose to him , so long is a righteous one .
Like the weeds in the wheat parable .
He chooses individuals wheat from the weeds in the world regardless of belief , if the wheat is of quality he will take .
The field in which it is grown is irrelevant , Yahweh would never reject quality ..

SpeaksForTheTrees

The prophets add up across time, it is to catch out those who don't inquire of God, and lean on man's understanding....

The confusion was intended; yet is discernible by those with an open heart. :heartbeat:
I know you a good man , you have 3 dogs says it all.
Son of a carpenter , a carpenter myself with the scares to prove lol.Creative with my hands , specialize in all my trades excel at cabinet making bespoke , made single cabinets worth over £2500 as a single cabinet of a project , surveyed and cutting lists .
Word is not my forte I try

SpeaksForTheTrees

You are hilarious.
Those early star gods of pre Abraham of a different land .
Pre exodus , the early star gods left this world or the people felt they had ,famine , society problems etc started to raise its ugly head , they thought misfortune they had fell from favour
The priests became so desperate after many things started to offer human sacrifice , the ultimate sacrifice , blood offerings to the absent Gods as desperate attempt , to make the gods return , early civilization felt the Gods had abandoned them .
I don't have timeline approx 20,000 years however I place moses as the first prophet who leads people away from the land of the star gods , to a place of refuge from human sacrifice .
The early civilization some 3400km west had a numerical advantage for breeding , by numbers alone .
The escapee's of the exodus when eventually reaching the promise land Moses confers with the only God of this world to create a set of laws to govern Gods people through Moses none where Hebrew at this point .
Abraham I date him around as followed moses , the first born under the new law , the first Hebrew , history places him 2000bc as part of creation , in genesis . I don't understand , this must work with archeology records ,artifacts .
Maybe Abraham's word lasted until 2000 BC by which time it had spread
Judaism had the first set of laws , sustainable set of laws from God .
So why would Judaism fall out of favour with god .
Civilizations grew the east had head start by number , was only time before boarders would touch .Idolaters on the borders , star god worshipers looking for fresh blood per se
Israel needed protection David was sent
What happened is Judaism through all this aggression shown towards her , she became pre occupied in the book ,eventually leading to sacrifice by trial , in God eyes this no better than the star gods sacrifices , as it was punishment intended to satisfy Yahweh s laws , this how Judaism started to loose touch with God , God requires justice but not blood , Israel had became lost , returning towards the old ways of the east all be it in the name of justice.
However was not Gods ways , of blood only idolaters required blood .
Israel had become lost in the world and needed guidance to interpret Yahweh's laws .
Even a one god utopia trapped in an idiolstery world of human sacriufice would be forced into a fascist stance or persish .
War and justice are two different animals .
To this day we still waiting , the world no longer makes human sacrifice idolatery practices are not of 20,000 years ago , however the prophet promised we still wait , is now AD 2016 , and we governed still by laws of of medevil man
Is only Judaism can cut slack to dismantle a world of broken mythologens and achieve this through its laws ,that only create more mythologen at present .
Yes outside of Israel the world been very misunderstanding of Judaism , however in Yahweh's eyes that gives you no excuse to not be the teachers of this world as chosen by Yahweh .
In fact it is Judaism obligations within its covenant with Yahweh to fix it .
Yahweh's laws have become more of a burden than a gift .
A prophet to cut you some slack in a non sacrifice world to make consession similar to Noah's Covernant , was a covernant of concession .
And that what the world really needs right now .
Guidance and paths that may not be as idoilatry as one might first think .
Jesus questioned the practices implementation of the laws by the Pharisees , and this why he is a traitor .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, it was an analogy. Just like you don't need to say that what you were drinking was a liquid, because drinking means to consume a liquid, you also don't have to say that someone was anointed with oil, because anointing is done with oil.
Yes. Notice the verse doesn't say they were anointed with G-d's spirit.
In context, it seems to have made him be able to blow the horn loud enough for people to gather.
And therefore not something that can be used for anointing.

Who anointed Moses with oil?
God's spirit acted on Moses, and God's spirit became operative on David from the time of his anointing by Samuel - 1 Samuel 16:13
In Christian Scripture what Moses did foreshadowed Christ - Isaiah 63:11-13; Acts of the apostles 3:20-22
Christian Scripture connects Psalms 45:7 to Christ at Hebrews 1:8-9
Anointing in Christian Scripture is by God's spirit upon a person.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Who anointed Moses with oil?
I don't know.
God's spirit acted on Moses, and God's spirit became operative on David from the time of his anointing by Samuel - 1 Samuel 16:13
So you see from here that anointing with oil is a cause and G-d's Spirit resting on someone is an effect of that cause.
In Christian Scripture what Moses did foreshadowed Christ - Isaiah 63:11-13; Acts of the apostles 3:20-22
I don't see any relevance to this conversation.
Christian Scripture connects Psalms 45:7 to Christ at Hebrews 1:8-9
You threw the ball into your own basket. The verse says explicitly that the subject was anointed with oil.
Anointing in Christian Scripture is by God's spirit upon a person.
You have yet to demonstrate that.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't know.
So you see from here that anointing with oil is a cause and G-d's Spirit resting on someone is an effect of that cause.
I don't see any relevance to this conversation.
You threw the ball into your own basket. The verse says explicitly that the subject was anointed with oil.
You have yet to demonstrate that.

In Christian Scripture there is anointing with the 'oil' of God's spirit. Not literal oil, but the ' oil of gladness ' God's spirit.
There is the 'oil of gladness or joy ' at- Isaiah 61:1-3; Luke 4:17-18

Also, there is No mention of Moses being anointed with literal oil.
And in Christian Scripture it is Moses who prefigures Jesus.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
In Christian Scripture there is anointing with the 'oil' of God's spirit. Not literal oil, but the ' oil of gladness ' God's spirit.
There is the 'oil of gladness or joy ' at- Isaiah 61:1-3; Luke 4:17-18
That's true. But that anointing is clearly a metaphor meant to represent the opposite of the metaphor that is represented by the ashes.
I assume you aren't arguing for a metaphorical anointing.
Also, there is No mention of Moses being anointed with literal oil.
And in Christian Scripture it is Moses who prefigures Jesus.
Is there mention of Moses being anointed at all...?