• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There ain't no Jesus here.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Any Christians out there, ever tried reading the TaNaCH without reading Jesus into it?
Just reading what it says and taking it at face value without the lens of the NT?

I'd be interested to know how you fared and where you had no choice but to read Jesus there for lack of better explanation of the passage.

roger1440

I do stuff
Any Christians out there, ever tried reading the TaNaCH without reading Jesus into it?
Just reading what it says and taking it at face value without the lens of the NT?

I'd be interested to know how you fared and where you had no choice but to read Jesus there for lack of better explanation of the passage.
About 3 years ago I had downloaded the Jewish study Bible. I was hoping to gain a little insight on a few topics. I soon noticed the study notes read pretty much like the study notes in the New International Version Study Bible and the New King James Study Bible. Many of the study notes go like, “it could mean this or it could mean that or many even the other thing”. When I search the internet for commentary most are coming from a Christian perspective. But then again Christians probably out number Jews a 1000 to 1. I’m mainly interested in a 1st century Jewish perspective on Jewish scripture. There is very very little material available from that time period.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

I'm not a christian, but the Sabbath will come to mind.
Do you think that we should kill those who wanted to work in the rest day?

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 31
15 Six days work may be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord; whoever performs work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.'

Tumah

Veteran Member
About 3 years ago I had downloaded the Jewish study Bible. I was hoping to gain a little insight on a few topics. I soon noticed the study notes read pretty much like the study notes in the New International Version Study Bible and the New King James Study Bible. Many of the study notes go like, “it could mean this or it could mean that or many even the other thing”. When I search the internet for commentary most are coming from a Christian perspective. But then again Christians probably out number Jews a 1000 to 1. I’m mainly interested in a 1st century Jewish perspective on Jewish scripture. There is very very little material available from that time period.
Have you heard of Onkelos?

Tumah

Veteran Member

15 Six days work may be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord; whoever performs work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.'
This has nothing to do with my thread.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
ever tried reading the TaNaCH without reading Jesus into it?
Yes of course; it is the best way to understand a book, by starting at the beginning. ;)
If you apply the lens of the whole of the New Testament, it ends up being more confusing; as Christianity (Paul, John, Simon) create a manner in which to assess it by, that doesn't necessarily fit within the text, and defiles the Law.

So by reading the Tanakh first, understanding the Law, and then the prophets, you see how somethings are required to make it fit together.

A servant will be sent, who shall be put to death; yet later receive the kingdom....

Because they help establish a snare, and line across Israel, that shall catch out those who swear falsely, and steal what isn't theirs, as they're quick to the spoils (If you know the Tanakh well enough, you may understand that comes from the Tanakh first, Yeshua after, as you can't really see it in reverse).

Can go into great detail of using the Tanakh's prophecy to show a line of trajectory, of what is required to fulfill it.

Sometimes ponder if the New Testament is even totally made up by the Jews or YHVH, as it fits so cleverly with the prophetic text, it is beyond normal comprehension, and takes a Bible word search to realize how it is put together. :innocent:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

My point is that Jesus disobeyed the law of the Sabbath in the NT.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I haven't actually read it , nor do I care too , not from a point of none interest more a point of it does not concern me.
My thoughts if Jesus was prominent in the book you mention , this thread would be none existant.
In computer programming the programmer offers a completely workable solution .
Reality is the interactions the user makes with the software can expose bugs and also fundermental problems within the code. When not used as intended . Ctrl alt F4 might be detrimental to the programs functionability .Is no crime to hit Ctrl alt F4.
At this stage it is impossible for the programmer to scrap the project and start over . As its already been released .
So he creates patches and work arounds for the broken code rather than replace the whole thing .
Should we of wiped out the whole thing and made our own God separate from Judaism .
My thoughts again , the crusades would of resulted in nations extinction had the early Christians not of made the connection to the God of Israel ?
You would prefare back to the Gods of pre Rome with definite distinction between your god and mine ?

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
My thoughts if Jesus was prominent in the book you mention , this thread would be none existant.
His name was Yehoshua/Yeshua, therefore there are multiple references within the Tanakh...

The reason the thread is here, is because some choose to misunderstand contexts.
If you were really using a computer coding methodology; you'd understand how to use a search function to look through classes (Tanakh), to find the definitions of the variables....

This shows the divine programmers inspiration within the Tanakh, and proves prophecy, when you qualify some of the terms using this method.
At this stage it is impossible for the programmer to scrap the project and start over . As its already been released .
As Yeshua said, "not one jot or tittle shall be removed from the Law (code); until all things are fulfilled"...

In other words, the Tanakh code has to run first before it can be removed on judgement day; not remove it because we can't be bothered to understand it, and simply go with a guess of what we think it means. :innocent:

SpeaksForTheTrees

Another interesting fact
Jewish people may of had a run on violence themselves in the OT , but reality the nation not really a fighting force as in conquests .
Is a national struggle before Israel , Jewish are the weakest or among as a fighting force .
Why would the world then accept the religion of the weak .
The fact we accept your religion is a complete contradiction to the reality.

wizanda

Premium Member
Is a national struggle before Israel , Jewish are the weakest or among as a fighting force .
If you'd bothered to read the Bible, rather than just follow it... You'd know that at one point in history the Israelites were a strong force, whilst David, and other kings were alive....

That is why Judaism wants to have a king like him again, and refused to accept peaceful Yeshua when he came along; as they wanted someone who would lead them to defeat the Romans. ;)

SpeaksForTheTrees

If you'd bothered to read the Bible, rather than just follow it... You'd know that at one point in history the Israelites were a strong force, whilst David, and other kings were alive....

That is why Judaism wants to have a king like him again, and refused to accept peaceful Yeshua when he came along; as they wanted someone who would lead them to defeat the Romans. ;)
Right when you say Yeshua you refer to the prophet and son of mankind , Jesus ?
Thought it was your word for God :oops:

roger1440

I do stuff
I haven't actually read it , nor do I care too , not from a point of none interest more a point of it does not concern me.
Reality is the interactions the user makes with the software can expose bugs and also fundermental problems within the code. When not used as intended . Ctrl alt F4 might be detrimental to the programs functionability .Is no crime to hit Ctrl alt F4.
So he creates patches and work arounds for the broken code rather than replace the whole thing .
Should we of wiped out the whole thing and made our own God separate from Judaism .
My thoughts again , the crusades would of resulted in nations extinction had the early Christians not of made the connection to the God of Israel ?
You would prefare back to the Gods of pre Rome with definite distinction between your god and mine ?
Software uses logic, language uses interpretation. They are not always in agreement. If I were to tell you, “I shot an elephant while in my pajamas” what am I telling you?

wizanda

Premium Member
Software uses logic, language uses interpretation.
The Bible is precise; people are not... Therefore God is a divine programmer, and why many of us have made up our own ideas of what things mean. :innocent:
Right when you say Yeshua you refer to the prophet and son of mankind , Jesus ?
Yeshua was his name; jesus is a transliteration of his name from Aramaic/Hebrew - Greek - Latin - English...

Which is why it is so wrong, as you never translate something through 4 langauges to get a translation.

His name in English should be Joshua, which is a direct translation of Yehoshua (Hebrew) and Yeshua (Aramaic). ;)

roger1440

I do stuff
The Bible is precise; people are not... Therefore God is a divine programmer, and why many of us have made up our own ideas of what things mean. :innocent:

Yeshua was his name; jesus is a transliteration of his name from Aramaic/Hebrew - Greek - Latin - English...

Which is why it is so wrong, as you never translate something through 4 langauges to get a translation.

His name in English should be Joshua, which is a direct translation of Yehoshua (Hebrew) and Yeshua (Aramaic). ;)
Did Jesus ride into town on one donkey or two? and explain why?

Tumah

Veteran Member
ok.

SpeaksForTheTrees

In that case Yeshua is from God , the real god that existed long before the OT .
The prophet of Islam
Your wish granted , didn't make sense that it could be the same to be honest .
The continuation of my gods laws can be seen throughout the western world and continues to evolve within UN resolutions
I like living in 2016 is today's date
Yours ?