• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theranthropy

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Theranthropy is simply put, having an animal soul...
Yes, I'm talking werewolves, werecats et cet...
Legends of were animals can be found in every part of the world... from the werewolf of europe, to skin dancers of the americas... Kitsune the Japanese werefoxes and Leopard men of africa...

There are few set difinitions within the Theran community... but most common ideas are:

shifting... shifting isn't like what you see in the movies.. it is the 'pure' animal part of the soul coming to the surface. It can be subtle or obvious, controled or involuntary..

Phenotype... this is basicly what sort of animal you are inside... some people are 'mixed' with more than one phenotype...

I'm shure I'm missing a few things but I want to keep this short for now...
so thats the general idea 8)

wa:-do

Runt

I went to a psychic once who did a unique kind of "reading". She would lay out tarot cards, do a reading from them, and then draw a picture of your soul. Now, you'd think from my obsession/connection with hawks (whether they exist just in my mind or are spirits I don't know, but they're helpful, whatever they are) that she would have drawn my "soul" as a hawk. But no, it was a cat (well, cat-elf... if I can find the picture I'll scan it in), and oddly enough, she was crouched in shallow water (a very un-catlike thing to do unless she was looking for fish... but it kinda made sense to me).

And this chick doesn't just do animals. My mother's spirit was drawn as a tree (I don't know what kind).

Master Vigil

She must of been drawing representations of your soul. Your soul is in fact human, being that you were born human, but it can have other characteristics. I've met a couple psychics that draw souls. Very sensitive people they are. The hawks may be how your soul deals with things. Or it may be that your soul really is part hawk, I think you would know for sure by now though. They are probably just representations of how your soul is at a certain time.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ahh... here is where we come into the intresting bits on therianthropy...

while many (if not most) have connections with animal spirits that brings them close to them, Therianthropy goes deeper than that...

I was born human, but soul is the soul of a wolf...
in part or in whole I am a wolf...

Master Vigil

I thought I replied to this but I guess it didn't work or something like that. So here it is again...

From My experiences with therians, their souls are animal-like. See, although their souls are infact animal, they are not the same as the real animal's soul. If that makes any sense. Like for instance, my soul is half wolf, but when I first met a wolf its soul smelt nothing like mine. And I've met other people who claim to have animal spirits, but their spirits smell nothing like the real animal's spirit. Therefore, their souls are animal-like, not the exact replica of the animal's soul itself. I hope that made sense.

Master Vigil

I am also in no way negating the fact that their souls are animal, for they are. But not in the way some people think. Its not like I have half of a real wolf's soul, just half of my soul is wolf-like. Still a wolf mind you, just not the exact same as a real wolf's soul.

Runt

Half cat, half hawk, half human... no, wait, 1/3 cat, 1/3 hawk, 1/3 human? I don't know... I identify with the hawks much more than the cat, and dreams I have now have nothing to do with cats but hawks, so maybe you're right and I am part hawk-soul. The picture WAS drawn when I was in elementary school. Since then I feel I've REALLY changed (including personality wise... do you think it is possible to change soul wise?)

Or maybe I don't have an animal soul, but merely have spirit guides who are animal-souls?

Yet this doesn't ring true to me...it doesn't explain away ALL my dreams... including some with really ODD eyesight that I've always identified with a birds. Do you think it is possible to see through the eyes of a spirit guide?

Other?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
perhaps you'll have to smell my soul sometime...

I had a friend who could sence souls... he didn't believe in werewolves... at least untill I started to shift while we were out in the woods one night... unfortunatly he freaked out and kept pulling me back as I shifted... he was convinced that I was going to turn into some sort of visious beast... and all I wanted to do was go for a run in the woods and sniff stuff...

It was a bit of a shame... I tried to warn him about what could happin so he wouldn't be scared, but it didn't work out that way... he never quite trusted me from then on... thought all my smiles were snarls and so on...

runt...
spirit guides can do many things... yes, they can let you see the world through their eyes... your soul is your soul... it is the essance of who you are and what you are... if you were a hawk you would know it... you cant ignore your soul....
I know, I tried... it made me very sick for a long time...

Master Vigil

Yes runt, you would know by now if your soul is animal. But I wouldn't doubt the spirit guide idea. Everyone really does have spirit guides, you just have to recognize them. And being that you have good eyesight, could mean you are seeing things through their eyes. It could be a way of getting you to understand that they are there. Just a thought.

I feel so left out...

Is there a way to figure out if you have an animal soul and what kind if you do? And don't say I would already know because I'm just starting to discover my spirituality. A self-test or something, if you will. Should I meditate? What should i do?

Thx

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
dont feel left out...

Therianthropy isn't an 'in' thing... its not a fad or a club or a game... There is no "test" to see if you are a therian or not...

as for animal spirit guides... meditation can help you there... Mine visit me in dreams and 'coincidences'...

Runt

Same here... if mine are really spirit guides, I run into them in dreams and occassionally see hawks during times of extreme significance for me... then again, I live in the desert, so that is kinda like saying I see pigeons at times of extreme significance for me... "No duh! They're there all the time!" Well... hawks are quite a bit rarer here than pigeons, but still...

Master Vigil

Yes, meditation will work. Instead of trying to meditate on the animal, meditate on yourself and if you get any feeling toward an animal, it may be there. And yes, no club (if there was high school would of been a whole lot lonelier) :)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Theranthropy is simply put, having an animal soul...
Yes, I'm talking werewolves, werecats et cet...
Legends of were animals can be found in every part of the world... from the werewolf of europe, to skin dancers of the americas... Kitsune the Japanese werefoxes and Leopard men of africa...

There are few set difinitions within the Theran community... but most common ideas are:

shifting... shifting isn't like what you see in the movies.. it is the 'pure' animal part of the soul coming to the surface. It can be subtle or obvious, controled or involuntary..

Phenotype... this is basicly what sort of animal you are inside... some people are 'mixed' with more than one phenotype...

I'm shure I'm missing a few things but I want to keep this short for now...
so thats the general idea 8)

Runt

I went to a psychic once who did a unique kind of "reading". She would lay out tarot cards, do a reading from them, and then draw a picture of your soul. Now, you'd think from my obsession/connection with hawks (whether they exist just in my mind or are spirits I don't know, but they're helpful, whatever they are) that she would have drawn my "soul" as a hawk. But no, it was a cat (well, cat-elf... if I can find the picture I'll scan it in), and oddly enough, she was crouched in shallow water (a very un-catlike thing to do unless she was looking for fish... but it kinda made sense to me).

And this chick doesn't just do animals. My mother's spirit was drawn as a tree (I don't know what kind).

Master Vigil

She must of been drawing representations of your soul. Your soul is in fact human, being that you were born human, but it can have other characteristics. I've met a couple psychics that draw souls. Very sensitive people they are. The hawks may be how your soul deals with things. Or it may be that your soul really is part hawk, I think you would know for sure by now though. They are probably just representations of how your soul is at a certain time.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
ahh... here is where we come into the intresting bits on therianthropy...

while many (if not most) have connections with animal spirits that brings them close to them, Therianthropy goes deeper than that...

I was born human, but soul is the soul of a wolf...
in part or in whole I am a wolf...