• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theocracy

Would you prefer to live under theocratic law?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2023-1-30_7-2-23.gif

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm just curious how people here feel about theocracies. Would you prefer that your country had a state sponsored religion who's laws are structured around that religion?

As long as it's only my religious theocracy and no one else's.

And therein lies the problem.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A theocracy is basically some human's version of God. The concept of God is authoritarian and dictatorial. It's a harmful idea.

Not all power is good power. Powers that protect equality and freedom for everyone while negating egocentric power is what's needed.

Most people I think are judged by their desirability, utility and their footprint in society. Any power that negates such human cruelty I am for.

A theocracy is corrupt humans acting as followers of a God, doing God's will. Nothing could be more egocentric as someone who thinks they are infallibly doing God's will.

Basically it's best to negate the cruelty of human nature by avoiding such egocentric power. No one needs a human version of God ruling over everybody.