• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Then you should change the teaching.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't change the scriptures. The only thing i change is my personal understanding of them.

But that is all you have as far as I can tell. That goes for me to. There is no text without an individual interpreter. And thus I try not to favor one text, but learn from them all based on my colored glasses that all humans are humans.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As friendly as I can put it. For the everyday world we all use colored glasses because of our individual religion. But if the idea is that all humans are humans, then I have learned to spot my glasses. Indeed that all humans are humans, is a case of wearing colored glasses.
Not sure what you trying to say here

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But that is all you have as far as I can tell. That goes for me to. There is no text without an individual interpreter. And thus I try not to favor one text, but learn from them all based on my colored glasses that all humans are humans.
I can't speak for others so all i say in RF is my own current understanding.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because they had different connection to God than I do. I am not enlightenment as they were (in my understanding)
I'll wager that your enlightenment regarding metaphysical
truths is up to par with authors of any religious scriptures.
I hereby grant you license to change them by interpretation
or re-writing.
And for $9.99, I'll even send you a certificate of authority.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'll wager that you enlightenment regarding metaphysical
or re-writing.

I know off no truth regarding metaphysics, I only know of false when it comes to metaphysics.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'll wager that you enlightenment regarding metaphysical
or re-writing.
No i never will change any religious scriptures:) not even for 100 billion dollar

F1fan

Veteran Member
Religious people believe in the teaching they foklow. They know what is sad to be righteous way of living. If the law of the land say something different, each person has to do and act upon what they see as right for them.
If a gay religious person want to act according to their lust, that is up to them
So anything goes.

Catholics are deciding whether they accept the ban on abortion by the Church. Muslims can vary widely from very passive to extremists. The same with most every theist. So we are not seeing any uniform obedience to a "righteous way of living", we see a lot of disagreement and person preference. So where exactly is the authority from God?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So anything goes.

Catholics are deciding whether they accept the ban on abortion by the Church. Muslims can vary widely from very passive to extremists. The same with most every theist. So we are not seeing any uniform obedience to a "righteous way of living", we see a lot of disagreement and person preference. So where exactly is the authority from God?
In the scriptures