• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Them/they

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You can just call me them/they. I tried to identify as part of the about 2 percent who were transgender. But I kind of buckled under some stress I was facing to the point where I was a little passive-aggressive even toward people who didn't deserve it, people passing by. And I think I should do better.

And even though some members will say what I inwardly think of myself is all that matters, and not what anyone else thinks.... I hold the personal belief that if you don't "live" as a transgender person in your life, and bear with all the conflict (or sometimes lack thereof) that comes with it, then you really shouldn't be called "she" for someone born male, or "he" for someone born female.

Even if I call people by their preferred pronouns anyway, realizing different people have different realities. I just have to live by my own reality, though, for myself.

So for now, you can just call me them/they, or whatever you want. I wasn't committed enough to identifying as a woman despite being born male for me to "live" the life even in the face of pressure. With no pressure or little pressure? Maybe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'd show a little respect, using proper names and the like, but I'm not going to call anyone something that I personally think they are not.

I think in legal situations, I'd just stay silent or place a small notation signifying it was something that did not reflect ones personal views while still complaint in due course.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'd show a little respect, using proper names and the like, but I'm not going to call anyone something that I personally think they are not.

I think in legal situations, I'd just stay silent or place a small notation signifying it was something that did not reflect ones personal views while still complaint in due course.

You can call me whatever you want, too, like I mentioned. In fact, too much pushing from that 2% may have worked against them socially and politically, but that's just speculation, and another subject. Not sure what would have worked well, either, though.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So for now, you can just call me them/they, or whatever you want. I wasn't committed enough to identifying as a woman despite being born male for me to "live" the life even in the face of pressure. With no pressure or little pressure? Maybe.

There's nothing wrong with whatever our feelings are or whatever we identify with. There's also zero wrong with not having an intense desire to live in a certain way. It's high time that humanity grows up and starts appreciating people for who they are and what they are without judging them one way or the other.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But I kind of buckled under some stress I was facing to the point where I was a little passive-aggressive even toward people who didn't deserve it, people passing by.
That is not fair. Get over your stresses. I am comfortable with them/they. You be what you are.