• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thelema and Xeper – An Essay

Onyx

Premium Member
I've been reading through this thread, and more about Thelema in general. Thelema as a framework for Xeper is very interesting, and I've been putting together a little plan as a way to understand myself more.

1. Personal Focus
The Law of Thelema carries a lot of responsibility, and "is not to be interpreted as a license to indulge every passing whim..." [1]. I would add to that the passing whims of others to the degree we are able to avoid them.

2. Physical Health
I've neglected this for years, but the older we get, the more we need to pay attention to it. Addictions and bad habits can be broken through intelligent application of the Force of Will.

3. Philosophical Science
Learning other philosophies is invaluable to the Satanist/Setian. It can take a lot of time, and philosophy is not really my forte, so I try to find shorter summaries to obtain at least a basic understanding of certain concepts.

4. Physical Science
The more you know about the physical universe, the better you'll understand your place within it, as well as how to control it. See [2], there is bound to be some inspiration in there somewhere.

5. Creativity
Anyone can be creative, and it doesn't have to be perfect or presentable. We don't require the approval of others in order to appreciate our own works. Don Webb has indicated the importance of creativity [3].

6. Recognize Patterns
We all have our own pattern to how we approach things in life. Its important to try to see the common threads to better understand ourselves.

7. Balance
The pentagram resting on a single point represents balance. People can be mature in one way and immature in another, and its important to strengthen the weak areas so they don't become as much of a burden.

Just some things I've decided to keep in mind during my discovery of the True Will.

[1] Theology » US Grand Lodge
[2] HyperPhysics
[3] Don Webb, Uncle Setnakts Essential Guide to the Left-Hand Path, p. 42-43

Last edited: