• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists... why the heck are you on Religious Forums?

Clara Tea

It's a forum for public religious debate, this of course does not exclude atheists.

America is losing rights. We can't sue HMOs (the unalienable right of redress of grievances has been alienated). Privacy is gone (wiretapping, etc). Big brother watches our every step. The FBI was just granted the power to hack our computers without our consent or knowledge, and without a warrant.

The Cancel Culture is trying to cancel free press and free speech. They almost have. Without free press and free speech, we can't hold fair elections (W. Bush tried to reinstate the sedition act to prevent Senator John Kerry from winning the presidency against him). Without free press and free speech, freedom of religion would soon topple.

InChrist

Free4ever
Inspired by this thread.

Why would someone who belongs to one religion participate in a forum about all religions?

We have a small number of members who only ever post in the DIR for their specific religion; I'm not talking about them. But what about the rest of you? What brings you here?

I'm especially interested to hear from those who think that atheists have no business here. If you think atheists shouldn't be discussing other people's religions, why are you here, discussing other people's religions?

Are you proselytizing for your religion? Shopping around for a new religion to convert to? Is there something else that brings you here?
I consider religion to be a dangerous distraction. I’m thankful Jesus saved me.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Those who see the next plane, have little need to see the one that we are on? However, shouldn't we obey God while on this plane? Fix the problems (Global Warming....that many deny), homelessness (which could spread diseases to all, since they **** and poop in public and in stream beds that go to sea), unemployment, debt, etc. It was the mixing of religion and politics that got us in this sorry state in the first place.

The G-d who has abandoned humanity to it's fate? Why care when He doesn't? Humanity is doomed, as He willed. Amen.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I consider religion to be a dangerous distraction. I’m thankful Jesus saved me.
Ah the old "Christianity is not a religion" mantra. What nonsense. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has feathers like a duck, its a duck.

Fallen Prophet

Inspired by this thread.

Why would someone who belongs to one religion participate in a forum about all religions?

We have a small number of members who only ever post in the DIR for their specific religion; I'm not talking about them. But what about the rest of you? What brings you here?

I'm especially interested to hear from those who think that atheists have no business here. If you think atheists shouldn't be discussing other people's religions, why are you here, discussing other people's religions?

Are you proselytizing for your religion? Shopping around for a new religion to convert to? Is there something else that brings you here?
It's fun to learn about what other people believe and having my beliefs challenged helps me think and ponder on things.

I believe that everyone can and should be able to speak here - but that there are a lot of really dumb people who don't actually think before they type or think for themselves at all.

I wish those people would either grow up or leave.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well, kinda is, in the same way as saying "all diseases are the same". Yes, there may be differences but they all have a negative effect on quality of life, and we would be better off without them.
I somewhat agree. But even so, the word "religion" is just too arbitrary to be useful in and of itself. We all should always strive to complement it so that meaningful conclusions can be achieved.

Or, failing that, maybe we should just point out that the word is very often used in a coward, dishonest, self-serving way? That works too.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Inspired by this thread.

to make friends with other religions and no-religions and to find truth. Is it bad, please?

Regards