• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists: what would it take?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
A question exclusivity for Theists:

What would it take to make you stop believing in God?

Basically: Under what circumstances would you become an Atheist?

Suave

Simulated character

Based on the error-correction code found in String Theory, I hold the default position of us being simulated.

My religion of Matrixism follows the notion of us being simulated characters animated or reanimated by a simulator or simulators, this notion of us being simulated would currently cost nearly two trillion dollars for conducting an experiment testing simulation theory,

"Theoretical physicist Dr. S. James Gates Jr. claims that a certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations describing the nature and reality of our universe, contains embedded computer codes; these codes have digital data in the form of 0's and 1's identical to what makes web browsers function, and they're error-correct codes."

Please note the discovery of error correcting codes within the equations of symmetry is a rigorously proven theorem.

Reference: https://www.quora.com/Is-theoretica...mmunity-and-has-it-been-corroborated-by-other

"Is theoretical physicist James Gates’ intriguing discovery of error-correcting codes within the equations of supersymmetry accepted within the theoretical physicist community, and has it been corroborated by other physicists?

Tristan Hubsch
, PhD Physics, University of Maryland, College Park (1987)
Answered 3 years ago · Author has 1.4K answers and 1M answer views

A.: The discovery is a rigorously proven theorem.

To be precise, the (error-detecting and error-correcting binary doubly-even linear block) codes were discovered/identified within the classification of worldline off-shell supermultiplets without central charge [On Graph-Theoretic Identifications of Adinkras, Supersymmetry Representations and Superfields, by C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Int. J. Mod. Phys. A22 (2007) 869-930, arXiv:math-ph/0512016]. It was then proven that these (minimal) supermultiplets in turn encode the continuum of all possible worldline supermultiplets [On General Off-Shell Representations of Worldline (1D) Supersymmetry, by C.F. Doran, T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Symmetry 6 no. 1, (2014) 67–88, arXiv:1310.3258]. See also my answer to “James Gates claims that he found code in string theory. Does that imply that we live in a simulation?”

If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory might very well be prima facie evidence of our universe being simulated,

Benjamin Wandelt, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Illinois says that ancient light from the beginnings of our universe was absorbed by neutral hydrogen atoms. By studying these atoms, certain predictions of string theory could be tested. Making the measurements, however, would require a gigantic array of radio telescopes to be built on Earth, in space or on the moon. And it would be really gigantic: Wandelt proposes an array of radio telescopes with a collective area of more than 1,000 square kilometers. Such an array could be built using current technology, Wandelt said, but would be prohibitively expensive.

Benjamin D Wandelt | Physics | UIUC (illinois.edu)

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
If G-d appeared to me and said, “I do not exist” and I assume
G-d’s truthfullness, I would accept that G-d does not exist.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Well, as a former theist I became an atheist and deist in some sense, so now I believe in a different category of God than the theistic God.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
How could you be sure that it was really God who appeared to you? And not some wicked imposter?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Hi Mickell, long time no see. How can I have faith on something which has no evidence?

That depends on how you understand evidence and faith. But in my worldview we don't have a positive universal theory of everything with evidence, thus you have in effect faith in some form. But that is also so for me.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
How could you be sure that it was really God who appeared to you? And not some wicked imposter?
G-d has a small mole on the left shoulder. I’m pretty sure it is a small mole, although, on second thought, it might be a small field mouse.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No. I don't have any faith. There are various theories. It could be one of them. I leave the conclusion to future when we have more data. At the moment, I can do without any faith. My life does not depend on any faith.

Yeah, you understand faith differently than me.

Suave

Simulated character

Because our genetic code's Creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code., there is no denying life's Creator.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

Wow! Signal of the Terrestrial Genetic Code, Vladimir I. shCherbak, Maxim A. Makukov, 2013, arXiv:1303.6739 [q-bio_OT]
DOI: 10.1016/j.icarus.2013.02.017
Journal reference: Icarus, 2013, 224 (1), 228-242

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code (earth-chronicles.ru)

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might very well be linked to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Under no circumstance would i become an Atheist.
You can't take away my faith in God.