• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists Only: Your Arguments

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think that's what most people do. The teaching about the narrow path would suggest that it would be wise to do due diligence before investing in a particular belief system.
Baha'is believe in what is called independent investigation of truth, which means that one should always investigate the truth for themself before investing in any belief system.

"The first Baha’i principle is the independent investigation of reality. Not found in any sacred Book of the past, it abolishes the need for clergy and sets us free from imitation and blind adherence to unexamined, dogmatic beliefs. Baha’is believe that no soul should follow ancestral or traditional beliefs without first questioning and examining their own inner landscape. Instead, the first Baha’i principle gives each individual the right and the duty to investigate and decide what they believe on their own."

Independent Investigation of Truth

SavedByTheLord

You're stating a fact before proving it.
Well I can prove it in a number of ways. I will start off in awhile showing God created all things. I have 2 good proofs I am working on. I also am working on a simple proof that the Bible is the true word of God the Creator. Hopefully soon.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Well I can prove it in a number of ways. I will start off in awhile showing God created all things. I have 2 good proofs I am working on. I also am working on a simple proof that the Bible is the true word of God the Creator. Hopefully soon.

Nice try. No evidence but at least you responded.

Your proofs will go probably about as far as all the others I've seen come through here (not very far), but I wish you all the best.

TurkeyOnRye

I'm interested to hear from all the theists on here who believe in a personal God or a creator God, what are your favourite arguments for theism? Excluding your personal experience, are there any intellectual/philosophical etc. ideas or ideas from your scriptures that confirm God's existence for you? Not looking for miracles etc.
How about mystical experiences? Essentially 100% of individuals who have near-death experiences (NDE) come back acknowledging some kind of eternal being or higher reality, and the accounts are astonishingly consistent. Granted, this is not God in the conventional dogmatic sense. It's God in an extremely personal sense.

One qualifier here. By "near-death experience", I'm referring to something very specific. It does not refer to a "close call" or "near miss". This would be grandma who has a cardiac arrest for 10 minutes, and then has a vivid experience of leaving her body, traveling through a tunnel and entering a timeless dimension where a supreme eternal being graces them with love and compassion that is total. A hallmark of the experiences is receiving what's become known as a life review, where all the interpersonal events of their life are re-experienced, often from the perspectives of the individuals whose lives they've touched (for better or worse). It's a rapidly expanding area of research, as medical science is literally bringing people back from the dead.

What's particularly worthy of note is that these people often describe their NDEs as being more vivid and more real than this life. That is to say that the sensory experience is much fuller and clearer.

Ebionite

what are your favourite arguments for theism?
The righteous servant argument. In the Bible there are three references to a righteous servant. The first is to David, the second is Isaiah 53 and the third is Psalm 35. The second and third both have clear references to the life of the Messiah that could not reasonably be expected to be due to chance.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The righteous servant argument. In the Bible there are three references to a righteous servant. The first is to David, the second is Isaiah 53 and the third is Psalm 35. The second and third both have clear references to the life of the Messiah that could not reasonably be expected to be due to chance.
What's this have to do with the existence of God?

Ebionite

What's this have to do with the existence of God?
In the Abraham religions "God" is associated with YHWH and the righteous servant was a servant of YHWH.

The prophetic nature of the texts, in context, imply that the best explanation for their existence is that the master of the servant was involved.