• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists' explanation for the Presence of God, in Less than 20 Words

ecco

Veteran Member
I have turned on computers thousands of times and not once have I ever seen a person tell the computer what to do. They boot up entirely on their own because of something called BIOS.

A BIOS did not create itself.

The religious belief you see is that God always existed? If you just go just by universal time then God existed before the universe since He created the universe. If you go by a series of events, He created Himself, then the Trinity, then God created the universe.

It's not my problem that you do not understand the difference between something always existing and something creating itself. Aside from you, I have never heard a religious person say that God created himself. Your ideas are silly to theists and atheists alike.

I'm under the impression that BIOS created itself? Not what I said. I simply stated that when computers boot up they learn how to be a computer.

You are the one who made the analogy of God creating himself and computers.

You say that people created BIOS? Do you have any evidence of that? You posted a link to Google. To you, is Google evidence?

If people didn't create BIOS then you are back to proposing that BIOS created BIOS. Duh!

Humans put the reply button on the webpage? So, some intelligence had to exist for complicated things to exist?

Your second sentence has no bearing on your first sentence. You only put it there to avoid having to deal with the fact that people write computer programs. One small part of a forum program is putting a reply button on the page and reacting to an end user's actions. I realize this may be too complicated for you to understand. But educating you is not my job. I can only point out your gross lack of knowledge.

Are there any atheists who are not angry? I mean, you guys are really, really, really angry.

You apparently also cannot tell the difference between when a person is angry and when a person is laughing at your comments. You apparently also cannot tell the difference between when a person is angry and when a person is shaking his head in dismay at a horrific display of ignorance.

I don't get angry about the utter lack of knowledge of individuals. I only get angry when they try to force that ignorance on others by, for example, teaching creationism to children.

Super Universe

Defender of God
A BIOS did not create itself.

It's not my problem that you do not understand the difference between something always existing and something creating itself. Aside from you, I have never heard a religious person say that God created himself. Your ideas are silly to theists and atheists alike.

You are the one who made the analogy of God creating himself and computers.

If people didn't create BIOS then you are back to proposing that BIOS created BIOS. Duh!

Your second sentence has no bearing on your first sentence. You only put it there to avoid having to deal with the fact that people write computer programs. One small part of a forum program is putting a reply button on the page and reacting to an end user's actions. I realize this may be too complicated for you to understand. But educating you is not my job. I can only point out your gross lack of knowledge.

You apparently also cannot tell the difference between when a person is angry and when a person is laughing at your comments. You apparently also cannot tell the difference between when a person is angry and when a person is shaking his head in dismay at a horrific display of ignorance.

I don't get angry about the utter lack of knowledge of individuals. I only get angry when they try to force that ignorance on others by, for example, teaching creationism to children.

BIOS did not create itself? I know. But it boots up and learns exponentially by itself based upon some pre-set instructions. In the universe, God is those pre-set instructions.

It's not your problem? It seems to be.

Is there a difference between something always existing and something creating itself? Yes.

You have never heard a religious person say that God created Himself? I know. They are a bit behind, about 1,600 years behind, but what can you do?

I am the one who came up with the analogy of God and computers? I know. You have to take small steps with primitives and use concepts they are somewhat familliar with because when you get into totally new ideas they get stuck.

I am back to BIOS creating BIOS? I said an intelligence is necessary to create something complex.

My second sentence has no bearing on my first sentence? Oh no! I violated ancient Athenean validity vs invalidity! OH NO NOT THAT! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Invalidity does mean not true. A valid concept can be wrong.

All men wear pink hats.

Scott is a man.

Therefore Scott wears pink hats.

That is a valid statement. But it's wrong because Scott doesn't wear pink hats. So much for 3,000 year old ideas.

Educating me is not your job? It seems that it is. This is fun.

My gross lack of knowledge? Yeah, thats' why I just had to explain Athenean logic to you. I bet you never even took a logic class in college did you? Nope. I did. Waste of time but I got an "A" in it.

I can't tell when a person is angry and a person is laughing? No, my speaker was playing Nirvana so I couldn't hear you. Could you do it again?

You only get angry when people teach creationism to children? I know. You're very, very, very angry. Is this because you didn't get that toy truck you really wanted one Christmas? But wasn't that a long time ago?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Indeed, the Koran does tell us much about the True God. I'm glad you recognize that.

ETA [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]

Isn't sarcasm great. A bit hard to tell at times whether someone is serious or if it is just sarcasm. But I guess there is seriousness in sarcasm, which I thank you for.

ecco

Veteran Member
BIOS did not create itself? I know. But it boots up and learns exponentially by itself based upon some pre-set instructions. In the universe, God is those pre-set instructions.

It's not your problem? It seems to be.

Is there a difference between something always existing and something creating itself? Yes.

You have never heard a religious person say that God created Himself? I know. They are a bit behind, about 1,600 years behind, but what can you do?

I am the one who came up with the analogy of God and computers? I know. You have to take small steps with primitives and use concepts they are somewhat familliar with because when you get into totally new ideas they get stuck.

I am back to BIOS creating BIOS? I said an intelligence is necessary to create something complex.

My second sentence has no bearing on my first sentence? Oh no! I violated ancient Athenean validity vs invalidity! OH NO NOT THAT! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Invalidity does mean not true. A valid concept can be wrong.

All men wear pink hats.

Scott is a man.

Therefore Scott wears pink hats.

That is a valid statement. But it's wrong because Scott doesn't wear pink hats. So much for 3,000 year old ideas.

Educating me is not your job? It seems that it is. This is fun.

My gross lack of knowledge? Yeah, thats' why I just had to explain Athenean logic to you. I bet you never even took a logic class in college did you? Nope. I did. Waste of time but I got an "A" in it.

I can't tell when a person is angry and a person is laughing? No, my speaker was playing Nirvana so I couldn't hear you. Could you do it again?

You only get angry when people teach creationism to children? I know. You're very, very, very angry. Is this because you didn't get that toy truck you really wanted one Christmas? But wasn't that a long time ago?

That's a lot of yadda yadda yadda. It did nothing to make you sound more intelligent or more knowledgeable.

ecco

Veteran Member
In the Bible God mentions many events in the future which happened and which are still are coming true.

Give one unequivocal example.

Nonsense like "In the beginning" = "Big bang" doesn't count.

Also please specify how you know it is God talking since you stated: "God mentions".