• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists' explanation for the Presence of God, in Less than 20 Words

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me read theists' explanation for the presence of God, in less than 20 words.

I'm not a theist, but it seems to me limiting an argument for such a complicated and nuanced topic as theology is to both invite poor reasoning and a boxing match with one hand tied behind the responder's back.

It turns a potentially discussion-inducing question into a competition about who can be the most glib.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Let me read theists' explanation for the presence of God, in less than 20 words.

From when I was a theist.

I was told God existed and I had experiences that supported the existence of the God I was told about.

Well had trouble getting it down to 20. Don't think I could do it in less. :(

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not providing a proof.

e^(pi*i) + 1 = 0

That's Leonhard Euler's proof of God's existence.

That's twenty.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Research virtual particles. After you're done, where do the virtual particles come from?

When you turn on a generator, where do the electrons come from?

Where did the big bang come from?
All you are doing is replacing the most honest of answers (I Don't Know) with GodDidIt.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Research virtual particles. After you're done, where do the virtual particles come from?

When you turn on a generator, where do the electrons come from?

Where did the big bang come from?
Strikeout! Three responses, no answers.

What is it that makes you refuse to answer any questions, while insisting that everybody else does?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not a theist, but it seems to me limiting an argument for such a complicated and nuanced topic as theology is to both invite poor reasoning and a boxing match with one hand tied behind the responder's back.

It turns a potentially discussion-inducing question into a competition about who can be the most glib.

I was bemused by the rationale on that. We have an entire website devoted to discussion on the topic, and think we can get compelling answers in 20 words?
Yikes.

Super Universe

Defender of God
What? I. am. serious. How did you come to that conclusion?

I didn't have a choice. I had a vision and woke up in bed late at night and I knew absolutely, positively, without any doubt that God exists.

Before the vision I told people I was an atheist and I argued with people using all the same arguments atheists make but, really, I think deep down I did believe in God, I just didn't like Him.

Knowing God exists didn't answer all the other questions I had so I went looking. After many years I found the answers and I realized that people mostly believe what they WANT to believe regardless of the evidence.