• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists: Demonic Forces???

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
A question to Theists:

Do you believe there are demonic forces at work in the world?

Do you believe Satan is a real influence on the world?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

I do, because I have first hand expoerience

But I have chosen to follow and obey God

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

There are lower astral entities that try to stir up trouble. Some might identify that as demonic.

I don't believe in a "satan". Attempts to make progress inevitably stir up opposition. In the East that is called "maya". That is automatic and not the result of a "fallen angel". And the purpose is not to defeat divinity but to allow people to become stronger and overcome obstacles. In other words, one can look at maya as aiding divinity through opposition.

Redemptionsong

A question to Theists:

If so, why?

If not, why not?

You call yourself an agnostic Christian. What does that mean? How can you believe in Christ, and in demons, and still be agnostic?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You call yourself an agnostic Christian. What does that mean? How can you believe in Christ, and in demons, and still be agnostic?
That's right

I believe in Christ and I believe in demons

But I am open to the possibility that I am mistaken

That's what I mean by "Agnostic Christian"

I have actually been pondering whether or not to change what I give as my religion as my faith has become more certain latley

Which I think is a good thing!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe in evil forces, but I'm not sure what they are exactly.

Redemptionsong

That's right

I believe in Christ and I believe in demons

But I am open to the possibility that I am mistaken

That's what I mean by "Agnostic Christian"

I have actually been pondering whether or not to change what I give as my religion as my faith has become more certain latley

Which I think is a good thing!
Paul said, 'let us hold fast the profession of our faith' [Hebrews 10:23], for 'without faith it is impossible to please God' [Hebrews 11:6].

If one takes the New Testament as God's Word, there can be no doubt that demon spirits exist, and that Satan exists. Nor do I think one can claim that demon activity somehow stopped in New Testament times, as some denominations claim.

One Christian minister that spent a lot of his time teaching on this subject was Derek Prince. His focus on the subject was possibly an 'overkill', but maybe he felt the Christian community needed to be better educated on the subject.

It strikes me that the more spiritual a person becomes, the more likely they are to encounter demonic opposition. It may, of course, just be that as they become more spiritually aware they discern spiritual activity with greater clarity.

Redemptionsong

A really helpful passage of scripture is Ephesians 6:11,12. It says, 'Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.'

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
A really helpful passage of scripture is Ephesians 6:11,12. It says, 'Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.'
That's one of my favourite bible passages :D

Redemptionsong

I believe in evil forces, but I'm not sure what they are exactly.
It seems to me that demonic forces are acting in opposition to God's plans and intentions. This can be the spirit in man acting in opposition, through the flesh, or fallen angels acting in opposition to God (for example, the prince of Persia, and the prince of Greece, in Daniel 10:20) in an unseen realm. IMO.

What interests me is how these spirits manifest themselves.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A question to Theists:

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Yes, of course, to both of your questions. It's part of traditional Christian belief. I also have first hand experience.

Redemptionsong

They say that the eyes are a window on the soul. Well, with demonic activity the eyes are often a give-away!

P.S. Don't all rush off to the mirror!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
A question to Theists:

If so, why?

If not, why not?

I think you are right... I also have chosen to follow God.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
A question to Theists:

If so, why?

If not, why not?

If we look at the book of Jude, we can see the the book of Enoch is quoted.
14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
So through this, we can assume that Enoch is a sacred text that belongs in the Bible.
Let’s go to Genesis
6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
The Nephilim were giant creatures that were the sons of the fallen angels and human females. Enoch gives a detailed account of the time before Noah. It states that demons come from the Nephilim. When they all died, God allowed 10% of their souls to remain on earth as demons in order to tempt mankind.
Jude was Jesus’s half brother, and he viewed Enoch as a prophet and his words legitimate, so I think we should too.

danieldemol

Premium Member
A question to Theists:

I believe that there are bad living people in the material realm, but I do not believe that evil spirits are empowered. So I don't see them as having any ability to influence the world.

No

If not, why not?

Because there is no known objective evidence of Satan's existence, only anecdotal stories coming from the subjective experiences of the mentally ill.

In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The first and most important thing to know about devils and their companionship, is they think themselves are guided. Quran says "...whoever turns from the reminder of the Compassionate (Lord) we make for him a close companion (qareen - a devil from Jinn who witnesses you and is close to you). And they lead astray from the path and think they themselves are guided..."

The devil with you from the Jinn thinks he/she is your guardian Angel, and are doing what they are doing for your sake or for greater good.

This is the issue. The devils really believe sexual deviance is fine, there will be no hell, but deep inside, their hate and envy towards the blessed tree chosen by God is their motivation.

The second is they layer truth and deceive you, and think there are steps, and try to hide you from truth you are not ready for.

So know this and know God works to expose the truth and manifest his light though disbelievers maybe averse to it.

The 3rd is they believe there is nothing wrong with much of what God deems to be evil. So that feeling that there is nothing wrong with sexual deviance stems from the demonic entities.

This is while the one who teaches you based on enlightenment and reason, it's dishonorable and not to do it is the leader of your time. He too is with you and is calling you to God.

And they think evil of Angels like Gabriel and Michael - saying their Lord concept is evil mainly due to the concept of hell.

The way to know God is through the caller to God - he is the great sign of God and his name. You disconnect from him and you are disconnected from God. And to drink from his hand, will make you not thirsty for anything but that drink.

By the name of God, the Compassionate (universally), the Compassionate (extensively) indeed we gave you the Abundance.
So connect to your Lord and sacrifice.
Indeed it is your enemy who is cut off.