• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists - are god(s) interested in you?

In general, god(s) take an interest in me and my life.

• Strongly agree

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Agree

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Neither agree nor disagree

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly disagree

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Haha... the poll is a bit more one-sided than I thought it would be. I feel awkward now. :sweat:

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
I'm not exactly a theist, but if there is a God, I must assume it is interested in me personally.

It seems obvious from my perspective. I consider this interest to be wholly individual meaning that God doesn't take much interest in the rest of you by comparison.

This may seem like rampant egomania. It is.

GoodbyeDave

I voted agree, but obviously it depends on the gods. It also depends on me: it's less likely that a god will take an interest in you if you take no interest in them.

Some of the gods that I worship have answered prayers (performing "miracles" if you like that rather confusing term), a couple have spoken to me directly, some have sent omens, most have kept themselves to themselves.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hence theist here means the reverence of any power or force, which is contrary to how Christianity uses the term.

I have no interest limiting the discussion to Christian theology or theism as it is expressed within Christian religions. Makes sense, when you think about the fact that the person who created this thread isn't a Christian. God-concepts worldwide are very diverse, and I want to include all forms of theism on the table. Do you have your own answer to the questions asked?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Haha... the poll is a bit more one-sided than I thought it would be. I feel awkward now. :sweat:
The results make perfect sense if people are constructing their own gods to meet their own needs rather than identifying things around them to uphold as gods or investigating the idea of a personal, intelligent god as a potentially real phenomenon.

If someone created a god to serve them, then a god that's interested in its creator isn't surprising at all.