• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theistic Satanists.?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
To prevent space from being wasted in this thread, I'm politely asking right now for people who proclaim themselves as Theistic Satanists, but don't believe in a literal Satan, to refrain from posting regarding their non-literal Satan. I am open for people posting beliefs about a force-like entity though.

So, what exactly is Satan to you? Is it a god-like entity existing alone? Is there another god that it accuses? If not, what is it accusing exactly? What is the characteristics of Satan? Is it a creator-deity?

What do you believe happens after death?

Is there any purpose in life? If we are put here due to the will of a conscious being beyond us, why did this conscious being put us here? And whether or not we were put here consciously, what is the goal of your philosophy?

Is your philosophy or walk of life inseparable of this Satan entity? In other words, is Satan a huge part of your walk of life?

How do you regard Satan? Is he to be worshiped like a Christian worships Yahweh? Is he more like a brother you look up to? Or maybe even more like a friend on the same level of authority as you? Or perhaps an inferior entity you step over?

kerriscott

For those who might be interested, I'll paraphrase the Order of Nine Angles belief in respect of Satan.

An affirmation of the existence of a supra-personal being that has been exoterically called Satan, together with an acceptance of this entity having or being capable of having some control over, or some influence upon, human beings, individually or otherwise, with such control often or mostly or entirely being beyond the power of individuals to control by whatever means, occult or otherwise.

Also,

(i) That Satan is a 'shapeshifting' being who exists in the acausal dimensions (the supernatural realm) but can manifest and has manifested in our temporal causal universe.
(ii) This supernatural being is only one of the 'dark gods' - one of 'the dark entities' - who and which exist in the acausal dimensions, and who or which we humans can know (or experience) via such things as sorcery (including sacrificial rites) and by egressing into the acausal realm following our mortal death.
(iii) That there is no worship of Satan, or any of the 'dark gods', but rather an appreciation of such entities as akin to friends, companions, and/or long-lost relatives who have dwelt in some far-off land, and/or as the type of being (acausal existence) we can and should aspire to after our mortal death.
(iv) That living and if necessary dying by the O9A logos - the code of kindred honor - it is possible to attain such an acausal existence.
(v) That Satan, as one of the 'dark gods', is the probable origin of Ahriman and other such ancient entities; that as a myth this 'dark god' pre-dates the Biblical hasatan, the satan; and that some of the 'dark gods' are probably the origin for ancient myths and legends about entities such as dragons, jinn, demons, and supernatural 'serpents'.
(vi) That Satan has an esoteric 'name' and which 'name' can be known/discovered via a particular esoteric chant, the correct performance of which opens a nexion to the acausal and allows one or more of the 'dark gods' - including Satan - to presence (and cause trouble) in - and thus change - our causal world.

Last edited:

omnifarious

Acolyte of Revelation
To prevent space from being wasted in this thread, I'm politely asking right now for people who proclaim themselves as Theistic Satanists, but don't believe in a literal Satan, to refrain from posting regarding their non-literal Satan. I am open for people posting beliefs about a force-like entity though.

So, what exactly is Satan to you? Is it a god-like entity existing alone? Is there another god that it accuses? If not, what is it accusing exactly? What is the characteristics of Satan? Is it a creator-deity?

Is there any purpose in life? If we are put here due to the will of a conscious being beyond us, why did this conscious being put us here? And whether or not we were put here consciously, what is the goal of your philosophy?

Is your philosophy or walk of life inseparable of this Satan entity? In other words, is Satan a huge part of your walk of life?

How do you regard Satan? Is he to be worshiped like a Christian worships Yahweh? Is he more like a brother you look up to? Or maybe even more like a friend on the same level of authority as you? Or perhaps an inferior entity you step over?

For me, Satan is both a physical force and a "path" or a stream. "He" is a path which leads to what I refer to as the "Source". The Source is the highest measure of enlightenment. It is true enlightenment above which none other can exist. I refer to Satan as a "he" for his energy, according to our human understanding/tradition, is male. I worship, or "draw" on, his feminine form. The creative side, not the destructive.

I do not know if a afterlife exist, there is no way for me to trace that, but I know something exists along those lines which science cannot explain.

Other Gods/paths/energies can exist, but I have not managed to tap into them. These energies also lead to the Source but some are only branches, or offshoots of the major paths. Human being with today's consciousness can only perceive certain branches. Think of Plato's cave. I don't think anyone has ever grasped the full scale.of the Source, only its lesser permutations.

In regards to prayer, I think of myself as radio receiver and Satan as the transmitter. I tune into his frequency through meditation. My meditation is magnified through education and emotional stability. My mission is to tune my receiver for pure reception of His messages. The message's decipherments is limited by my own understanding of the world along with the physical limitations of my mind.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Most of these questions have been answered. But, fact remains I could answer all of your questions and you probably won't believe it possible enough to research it anyway. +1 for me saving the earth from wasted oxygen.

The Sum of Awe

Most of these questions have been answered. But, fact remains I could answer all of your questions and you probably won't believe it possible enough to research it anyway. +1 for me saving the earth from wasted oxygen.

Typing hardly wastes oxygen, and they have been answered, but not all theistic satanists share the same answers.

ScottySatan

Nearly no one believes in Satan in the framework you've set. Almost no one believes what most people think Satanists believe.

The Sum of Awe

Nearly no one believes in Satan in the framework you've set. Almost no one believes what most people think Satanists believe.

What exactly is that framework? The framework I set is very, very loose as far as I can tell: Anything that is literally existing and non-metaphoric that you define as Satan in the center of your Theistic Satanism. And if nobody can do that, what's even the point of calling it theistic?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think that Satan is an entity that has various names/titles. Satan is the title given to him by those who are opposed to him. But I think his other names would be Lucifer (which isn't a proper name, but a title or adjective), Prometheus, Enki, Set (thanks to the Setians giving him that name), Samael, Samyaza, the Serpent, the Dragon, etc.

I don't think he is a creator deity or the only deity. He's just one spiritually advanced being out of very many. However, I do think he intervened in the evolution of hominids by granting us certain gifts that accelerated our evolution causing us to become Homo sapiens sapiens. Some view this as the result of a genetic engineering project carried out by extraterrestrials on the native hominid species and some view it as a purely spiritual phenomenon. I'm open-minded about it but the ancient astronaut theory does make a lot of sense to me.

I do believe that he is a leader or one of the leaders of a group of beings that are at war with another group that is malevolent and parasitic. I think you can guess which group of religions worships the malevolent and parasitic group of entities.

Anyway, that's my opinion based on research I've done and how I make sense of mythology.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Typing hardly wastes oxygen, and they have been answered, but not all theistic satanists share the same answers.

I just find that people willing to get their feet wet don't need someone else to answer. =) You either get in the mud or you point and laugh, but laugh at yourself first.

ThirtyThree

So, what exactly is Satan to you?

Satan was a Malakim created by YHWH. He fell because of His pride and took with Him one third of the Malakim of Heaven. Titles Satan has been given are:

The Adversary
The Accuser
The Tempter
The Author of Confusion
The Devil
The Dragon
The Destroyer
The Father of Lies
The Lord of Darkness
Lucifer
Nachash
Morning Star
Divine One
Elohim

Is it a god-like entity existing alone?

No.

Is there another god that it accuses?

I am not certain.

If not, what is it accusing exactly?

Man.

What is the characteristics of Satan?

Pride, hatred, greed, deception, knowledge, intelligence, wisdom.

Is it a creator-deity?

No. Satan was among the Malakim created by YHWH.

Damnation for the wicked. Paradise for the righteous.

Is there any purpose in life?

To choose between good and evil.

If we are put here due to the will of a conscious being beyond us, why did this conscious being put us here?

Why was man created? To glorify his creator.
Why is man now on the Earth? Genesis chapter 3 explains that.

And whether or not we were put here consciously, what is the goal of your philosophy?

Illumination and empowerment.

Inseparable.

Reverence, humility, obedience and trust.

Last edited:

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
1. I am a Theistic Satanist. I do believe that Satan exist but I rather prefer calling him Lucifer since that is his real name.
2. To me Lucifer is a Liberator. He chose to want to free us from gods slavery. I see him as someone who wants us to be free, happy, not to deal with that sin b*ll****.
3. For the Satanist you become a god or goddess.
4. The purpose in life in to live life to the fullest.
Not sure how to answer the others.

VioletVortex

I'll summon Euronymous back from his grave. Really, no one but maybe a few black metallers believe in a literal horned Satan who sits in a Hell full of fire. Satan is a force who can take many forms. Satan is not confined to one body.

I think that Satan is an entity that has various names/titles. Satan is the title given to him by those who are opposed to him. But I think his other names would be Lucifer (which isn't a proper name, but a title or adjective), Prometheus, Enki, Set (thanks to the Setians giving him that name), Samael, Samyaza, the Serpent, the Dragon, etc.

I don't think he is a creator deity or the only deity. He's just one spiritually advanced being out of very many. However, I do think he intervened in the evolution of hominids by granting us certain gifts that accelerated our evolution causing us to become Homo sapiens sapiens. Some view this as the result of a genetic engineering project carried out by extraterrestrials on the native hominid species and some view it as a purely spiritual phenomenon. I'm open-minded about it but the ancient astronaut theory does make a lot of sense to me.

I do believe that he is a leader or one of the leaders of a group of beings that are at war with another group that is malevolent and parasitic. I think you can guess which group of religions worships the malevolent and parasitic group of entities.

Anyway, that's my opinion based on research I've done and how I make sense of mythology.
omfg

Robert Alexander

Satan has been around since before the beginning. He has taken many forms. He is both creator and created. He is the self created creator god. He is here to show you that you can be such a god too and how to accomplish that. He is here to create, to inspire, to transform, to enact and jumpstart evolution. Any benefit he imparts you and the world benefits him. Any evolution he brings forth evolves ihim. He is ultimately here to work in tandem with you for the mutual benefit of all beings and things because that is what brings him the most joy in the end.

Last edited: