• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theism

Ilisrum

When I think about the existence of God I just feel blank. Does this mean I'm an atheist? I like to consider myself at least Abrahamic since I like the mythology and I read the Bible and the Qur'an.

I'm only asking because I live with a bunch of ignorant people. Should I care? :shrug:

nnmartin

there are other types of God, that need not be theistic in the traditional sense.

I feel that there are two Gods, or more Forces really - a male and a female.

outhouse

Atheistically
When I think about the existence of God I just feel blank. Does this mean I'm an atheist? I like to consider myself at least Abrahamic since I like the mythology and I read the Bible and the Qur'an.

I'm only asking because I live with a bunch of ignorant people. Should I care? :shrug:

you could be agnostic bud.

it doesnt mean your a atheist.

only you can define what you are.

Ilisrum

you could be agnostic bud.

it doesnt mean your a atheist.

only you can define what you are.

I'm definitely agnostic. Which is why I just changed my religion. I love the Abrahamic religions but I hate ignorant people who judge people for believing or not believing in a myth.

nnmartin

if you're calling it a myth then you clearly don't believe in it.

How about another religion or spiritual movement though?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

I encourage you to keep in mind that wisdom can be found anywhere. Even in the words of our most hated enemies. All religions contain words of wisdom or lessons to learn. Don't feel like you need to settle on one if that doesn't feel right to you. Seek as long as it takes. When you are confronted with ignorance, learn as much as you can from it. That's the only way to dispel the madness such things cause. We can't always help the way people feel about things, but we can always strive to learn.

Also, if you are having trouble identifying with god, it may be time for you to reevaluate what you consider god to be. Perhaps its time for a new idea of god. Perhaps its time to leave god behind entirely. Or, perhaps its time to pray and find the one you've already known all over again. None of these choices is bad or wrong.

I sincerely hope you find your path!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

It depends what you consider 'theism' to be; there's really other ideas: pantheism, panentheism, Deism, panendeism, etc. For example, I don't believe in the style of God portrayed in the Abrahamic religions, but I am most certainly not an atheist.

I'd recommend reading Why Christianity Must Change Or Die, by John Spong. It goes beyond traditional Abrahamic-styled theism and may be worth you checking out. Let me know if you do and what you think of it. :)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

Do you believe there is a God?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

it may simply mean that you are yet to form a solid opinion one way or the other.

If you say you've read the bible, do you not accept the explanation for Gods existence in there? or are you yet to be convinced?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
When I think about the existence of God I just feel blank.

What do you mean that you feel "blank?" This statement could be taken any number of ways, so I think it might be helpful to clarify it. It would also help to clarify what kind of god you're thinking about, but I'm assuming it's some sort of Abrahamic god-concept. Or does the "blank" signify you don't even know that much?